Marvell Technology

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – The interviews were purely technical. Also, they asked a lot about my resume including in-depth of my course work and work experience. Overall, all interviewers were very polite and respectful. The process was very pleasant.

Interview Question – Circuits about filter, and their input and output behavior. Phase shifter   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because the package was very satisfying. They offered the salary 10% more than my expected salary that I told them.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2012.

Interview Details – This interview is for a entry level engineer job. HR first, introducing the benefits. followed up with five one on one interviews, three director, one hiring manger and one staff engineer. Most of the question were based on resume, some are based on their group project.

Interview Questions

San Jose, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2010.

Interview Details – Call me ask questions in digital field, the best solution/most concern for high-speed circuit. Later, asked question in transfer line theory.

Interview Question – transform line theory   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marvell Technology in November 2008.

Interview Details – I was by my friend who works in the company. The interview questions are OK, not too hard. I answered all technical questions pretty good. So the feedback on me were very well. But the process of getting the offer approved was a litlle slow though.

Interview Question – find the critical timing path in an hand-drawing circuit.   Answer Question

Pune (India)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marvell Technology in May 2011.

Interview Details – First of all we had a presentation from HR which described the company products,work culture,designation and salary. Then a written test was conducted followed by 3 technical interviews each of 1 hr.
The test was not that tough, but the interviews were.
The focus was on Networking,OS and C.

Interview Question – What is NATting?   View Answer

Engineering Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2012.

Interview Details – First got a phone call from recruiter then phone discussion with two managers. Then on to on site interview. All the interviewers were friendly and most of them asked about why I want to change my job and about my past experiences. There were some technical questions but they were pretty basic. Overall it was quite nice.

Interview Question – A pretty basic questions but I haven't thought about this types of questions in a while:

If you have two capacitors in parallel with the same capacitance value and there's a ideal switch between positive side of the two capacitors. Let's say Capacitor1 is charged up to voltage V1 while the switch is off. And then the switch was turned on. What is the voltage across the parallel capacitors after switch was turned on. What is the energy before and after the switch is turned on.
  Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2011.

Interview Details – basic digital circuit design. the projects I have done before. tools that I am familiar with

Interview Question – describe the special coding techniques you have used on verilog   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in October 2010.

Interview Details – This was for analog IC design position. The manager asked me to describe my previous projects - asked me to draw a circuit and to analyze it over the phone.

Interview Question – Describe how a bandgap reference circuit works   View Answer

Engineering Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 8 people which took all day. Most asked about background experience and a project that stood out. Technical questions about circuit engineering, and layout were also asked. What would you do to solve this" type questions.

The people were nice, but the work culture would be to work long hours, and most weekends.

Interview Question – Which layers are best used for routing? Why?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with 5 different people. Four technical 45 minutes rounds and one behavioral. The day was scheduled well and it was fun interacting with the interviewers. I was asked Computer Architecture, Logic Design, and Programming Questions. Comp Arch questions involved questions on pipelining, buses. I was also asked questions on various projects that I had done in school.

Interview Question – Asked about long term career plans   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marvell Technology

Worked for Marvell Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marvell Technology Engineering interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Marvell Technology employees and interview candidates.