Marvell Technology Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Interview

the process is typical can nice. started with phone interview, then go in site for interview. There was 4~5 hiring manager interviewing and followed by lunch interview with Director. Finish with VP. The whole process takes 6 hours.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotiation.

CAD Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

phone interview and invited for onsite on the same call. then hr arranged the flight,hotel and scheduled onsite for the following week. average interview experience as my background was in digital design and the director of the group decided that I should not be a CAD engg and i should go for a design job.

Interview Questions

• seq logic, timing, physical design, programming, scripting questions   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

First a 45-min phone interview and then followed by a 3-hour Skype interview(which was an 'onsite' inverview, still feel not comfortable they were not willing to provide an actual onsite interview)

Interview Questions

• How does Cadence Encounter solve setup time violations before CTS   Answer Question

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Interview

A manager call me and give me a phone interview, the questions are not difficult but his accent is too heavy which make me saying pardon all the time... it lasts about 30 mins, and after that he let me ask some questions, and what I asked is if a verification engineer find a bug, who is responsible to fix it, the verification engineer or the designer? what he answered is the verification will report it then ask the designer to fix

Interview Questions

• how do you know you have cover all the case in your testbench   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

Heard about job openings through a friend that was contacted by a recruiter. E-mailed my resume to the recruiter and was invited for short on-site interviews with two different teams: CPU logic design and SoC verification. I was only brought on-site for the first step because I was living in Santa Clara at the time. After the two interviews, I was later invited back for a full day of on-site interviews with the CPU team. I interviewed with 5 different members of the CPU team. I thought I did really well with the interviews but it still took Marvell weeks to get back to me with an official offer.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to logic design and computer architecture. With a good understanding of pipeline design and out-of-order execution principles the questions were not too hard. The only question that I couldn't really solve was about the design of a scalable, fair arbiter. Expect questions about out-of-order execution algorithms, state machine design, and logic optimization.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was a new college graduate and did not negotiate. I had a competing offer for a higher salary though, so that helped.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2014.

Interview

Its quite long process in Marvell. I have contacted a person in LinkedIn, he refereed me to the position. I have got telephonic interview after a month and followed by an on-site interview which is 3 hour long.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not negotiated

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

Got an e-mail from the HR saying an engineer liked my resume and asked for an updated copy of it following which I had an unexpected phone interview the same day. I have a CWNA certification so most of it was based off that. After a week I got to know I would be having an onsite, however, the onsite was scheduled a month later. There were 4 rounds, everything relevant from my resume was asked. Everything about 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, networking protocols, routing protocols, some WLAN troubleshooting scenarios, OFDM, BeamForming (all the 802.11n related concepts),WLAN security, my work during the year long internship i had, Protocol analyzers, how they work, some practical scenarios related to them etc. Marvell is extremely slow (to the point that the wait gets frustrating) when it comes to scheduling further rounds or extending an offer. So good luck with that :) Know your resume very well.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing out of the way difficult. A few unexpected questions related to packet sniffers and protocol analyzers since I haven't used them before. But they could be tackled with a little bit of thinking and common sense.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aliso Viejo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Aliso Viejo, CA).

Interview

I submitted job application 8 months ago online. No HR contacted. Directly contacted by hiring manager and setup one phone call about 45 min, then onsite interview about 6 hours.

Interview Questions

• How many data bits needed to represent A*B+C, all are 8 bit unsigned   3 Answers

Design Intern Interview

Interview

I applied through their website. After like 4 months, I got an email for phone screen appointment. It was like 30 minutes. He first asked questions about the relevant courses and projects on my resume. Then there were some questions about pipeline, FIFO, cache, ASIC design flow and computer architecture.

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

phone interview about 30 mins

Interview Questions

• Asked about FIFO, cache, pipeline, Computer architecture, logic design, testbench   Answer Question