Marvell Technology

158 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Test Engineer Interview

Test Engineer

I interviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview, no onsite

Interview Question – Question about analog circuit, the structure and the parameters of OPAMP   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Senior Software Engineer

I applied online - interviewed at Marvell Technology in June 2009.

Interview Details – 1 phone 1 onsite whole day interview
Met 6 people including hiring manager.
Questions on, embedded system SW, C/C++ programming, algorithm, kernel and middle-ware. Questions were not super difficult, but some of them were pretty challenging.

Interview Question – Given a circular linked list, implement a program to return the node at the beginning of the loop.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – First phone interview , then on-site

Interview Question – What is the difference between the syn and asyn FIFO? Is there any way for cross domain signal transfer? Tell me related technique and writing verilog code to describe it.   Answer Question

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Logic Design Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – CPU group
1 phone 1 onsite
Met 6 people including hr.
most interviewers were nice except for one guy.
This guy was eating snack and playing with whatever in his hands when I was solving problems.
Not sure they really wanted to hire or just bored at their daily work

Interview Question – Asked me to draw all Pipeline forwarding paths   Answer Question

RF Design Interview

Interviewed at Marvell Technology

Interview Details – It starts from 10:00am to 5:00pm. A lot of questions on LNA/Mixer/Rx/Tx fundamental things.

ASIC Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – First round telephone interview: A design manage of their Datacom group called me to schedule a telephone interview next week.

Asked questions based on my resume, projects, especially circuit logic design, STA, dynamic structure

He is very polite, nice people.

Interview Question – how to solve clock skew, detailed process   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in December 2012.

Interview Details – Online applications and call within 2-4 weeks. Strange thing manager called directly without scheduling an interview and started asking all sorts of questions. He was so impressed that towards the end he said the next round might be bypassed and HR might send the on-site invitation. Till date, I haven't heard back from them neither the HR nor the manager who called.

ASIC Design Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – a phone interview followed by an onsite interveiw

Interview Question – very detailed clock divided by three   Answer Question

Firmware Engineer Interview

Firmware Engineer

Interviewed at Marvell Technology

Interview Details – Telephonic Interview: Initially get an email from hiring manager regarding the telephonic interview. Depending on my availability schedule an interview within the next week.
Asked question about SSD, the architecture and what did I do with it. C programming, data structure.

Interview Question – For me is the questions about data structure.   Answer Question

Electronics Technician Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – Got an interview through the career fair. I was told they wanted to do a short 15 minute phone screen to ask about my resume......2 minutes spent on resume the rest of the time I was asked to design gates or hookup op-amps. Not terrible but I probably should have looked on glassdoor first :/

Interview Question – Some op-amp bs   Answer Question