Marvell Technology

Updated Jan 20, 2015

IT Help Desk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Longmont, CO

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2014.

I had 4 interviews, 2 of them were with two people at a time. The scheduling was odd and forced me to sit in my car during lunch two days in a row which made it very difficult to concentrate. Looking back I really wished I had been able to interview under different circumstances. The people I spoke with were great to talk to, I appreciated their professionalism and could tell they had a great deal of technical expertise. From the information I gathered during the different interviews which were also from different locations, it seemed like it would be a good job.

Interview Questions
    • typical questions about most difficult customer, biggest achievement and some technical questions on help desk troubleshooting   Answer Question

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2014.

I was offered 2 phone interview. And then have an onsite interview. They pay for the flight and hotel. Their interviews are quite difficult. In the 1st phone, they asked to describe MESI's all transition on phone. And most question is on CPU design. They asked a lot of implementation details.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a lot questions on pipeline design. Like how to optimize the overall ipc regarding branch? Is it possible to get branch resolved in decode stage?   Answer Question

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology in December 2013.

The entire process took about a month. Two phone interviews followed by an onsite interview. Environment was very friendly. Basics of Comp. Arch., Perl, Verilog and OOPs asked.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

strong background knowledge required. staffs on the resume

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology.

I was hired as part of an acquisition of a whole team from another company.

So there was no real interview - although not all previous employees were hired - presumably based on performance at prior company. I was granted a retention bonus since I was a senior member of staff - this was a significant 1 year payout and a smaller (~ half) 2 year payout.

Interview Questions
    • Related to stock valuation of existing option at prior company - difficult due to depresssed stock values at the time of hiring. Part of compensation discussion   Answer Question
    The offer was a an increased base pay but loss of significant bonuses at previous company. A temporary bonus was to be paid for the first 2 years but not after that.

The expectation was that if you stayed you base pay increased would cover the loss of the bonus (this ultimately was very very far from true).

Applications Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology.

A 25 minutes phone interview. First the recruiter offer some basic knowledge about what their jobs are. Based on the resume I submitted, recruiter asked some question in my project. Then he asked me if I am willing to work in analog field since their job relates a lot to analog devices. At last he asked me to wait for further contact.

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology in October 2013.

Campus interview first during the career fair time. Followed by a phone interview one week after and scheduled onsite one week after. I heard back from the HR person after one week of my onsite. Great campus, nice people, fancy cafe.

The CPU group is a mix of design and verification. Average difficulty for the questions, some recruiters are also from the verification team.

Interview Questions
    • How to apply what we learned from school to the current going on project?
      Some verilog coding questions.
      Basic logic design questions.

More on the verilog project we did at school for a RISC processor.

Answer Question

Have other offers.

Firmware Engineer Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Basic questions around firmware and ARM processors.
    Cortex M
    ARM Mode and State
    FIQ and IRQ
    IPC
    Task Synchronization and resources protect
    Task, interrupt flow and stack
    I2C/SPI/UART
    Bit manipulation

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions, all around HW interface and low level coding.   Answer Question

Digital Designer Interview

I had two phone interviews with Marvell for two different positions. The first one went really good and the interviewer was nice also. But after waiting about 10 days, I asked the company recruiter about the result. She replied the position had been cancelled due to some re-org.
    Now she told me there is another position they are hiring. I went through another phone interview with another hiring manager. They never even replied back to say they are not interested. Not nice!

Test Engineer Interview

interviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2013.

Phone interview, no onsite

Interview Questions
    • Question about analog circuit, the structure and the parameters of OPAMP   Answer Question