Marvell Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in May 2012.

Interview Details – first a phone interview, then a screening interview with a hiring manager. If you pass this screening process, you'll get to meet with 5 or 6 engineers not necessarily from the same team. The technical interview takes about 3~4 hours.

Interview Question – 1. what's the difference between matlab function and matlab script?
2. how does a system know when there is an error in the codeword?
  Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – The interviews were purely technical. Also, they asked a lot about my resume including in-depth of my course work and work experience. Overall, all interviewers were very polite and respectful. The process was very pleasant.

Interview Question – Circuits about filter, and their input and output behavior. Phase shifter   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because the package was very satisfying. They offered the salary 10% more than my expected salary that I told them.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

ASIC Design Engineer

Interviewed at Marvell Technology

Interview Details – 1 round phone interview and 1 round onsite

Interview Question – design sensor with minimal logic block   View Answer

Digital Design Interview

Digital Design
Orange, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – First phone interview, and then onsite.

Interview Question – black box CRC circuit test   Answer Question

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Design Verification Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – 1 telephonic interview followed by 2 on site interviews.

Interview Question – Verilog Design and verification related   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

ASIC Design Engineer At Marvell Technology Interview

ASIC Design Engineer At Marvell Technology
San Jose, CA

Interview Details – Let me do a introduction, also about my resume

Interview Question – Two questions:
1. 2 2bits comparators to 4 bits comparators, and reduce the delay to 1 units
1. data buffer like 0100000001, most simple rtl design to get the length (which is 9)
  Answer Question

Soc Design Engineer Interview

Soc Design Engineer

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2013.

Interview Details – Submitted resume through Marvell Career Website, got phone call from HR. Scheduled for a phone interview. The interviewer is really unprofessional. She didn't even have my resume on hand. The questions asked are definitely not for a entry level position.

Interview Question – what is Residual CLVs (RCLVs)?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Marvell Technology

Interview Details – phone call and ask something about the projects already done, and ask some problem related to C and C++

Interview Questions

Very Easy Interview

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in April 2012.

Interview Details – A while back, I applied for this position. I received a call for this position while I was in my office. I promptly asked the human resources to call me back another time and she agreed. I never heard from her again. Talk about being professional!!

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with recruiter, then 1:1 interviews on site with hiring mgr and peers. Didn't hear back until a month later and then asked me to come back for final round interviews. Overall interviewed with probably 10 different people, and was more cultural fit type of interview questions and getting to know me. Everyone I interviewed with was considerate. Issue though in that I never heard back after final round interviews and it's been 5 months - I would expect after final round interviews at least a call back.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over someone with finance and engineering background?   Answer Question