Marvell Technology Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in October 2009.

Interview

I was called for the interview after they found my resume on a job portal. I was interviewed by 4 engineers and the HR person on day 1. I was asked to come back again to meet the hiring manager. I was interviewed by another engineer before the manager spoke to me. The HR person told me that they were positive about the outcome and they were going to make an offer soon. The exact offer was made almost a month later.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Marvel?   1 Answer

The package was bad. What they offered was 10% less than what I was making at that time.

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

phone interview lasted for 30 mins, asked basically architecture questions. on site interview consists of seven 1:1 interview ranging from programming language like C, PERL and system verilog. Logic questions include timing analysis and logic gates.

Interview Questions

• what is the cycle time of this circuit give 2 flops and some combi logic in between   2 Answers

Staff Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

They called me for phone interview first and we talked about my background and we talked more until they asked me for on site interview, where I taked to seven to eight people, difficult question that I did not expect some of them , buit it was Okm in general, then after a week they gave me a very good offer

Staff Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

I got the interview call after I applied through a contact. The interview was very technical and relevant to work. The individuals were typically quite sharp and asked good questions. They were very polite and no one showed off any attitude. Over all it was a pleasurable experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was very limited negotiation. They were more flexible on offering stocks than a higher salary.

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

The position was for a mixed signal design verification engineer. It was a pretty tough interview. They asked everything from software to hardware possible in the resume. Methodologies for verification, software concepts related to simulator design. Data structures. Analog concepts from DACs to PLL's and verilog-A concepts....

Interview Questions

• Transfer function of a simple VCO   1 Answer
    • question on packet transfer inside of test bench from generator to driver... (system verilog concepts)   Answer Question

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It is a job fair. After submitting the resume, everyone gets a test paper with several problems. No time limit. Just return it to the technical staff when you are done.

Interview Questions

• To draw a schematic for FIFO   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

apply online and after several weeks, I got phone interview. It is about ASIC design/verification. My background is more focus on Verification of microprofessor, FPGA. Not very familiar with ASIC flow.so it is very important for background match.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

Applied online for several positions in December 2013 and was emailed by the hiring manager after ~ 6 weeks about a Sr. Product Manager position. After a 30 minute amicable phone interview which I passed, the on-site interview at Marvell HQ occurred 1 week later. The on-site interviews were fairly intense: I interviewed with the hiring manager (again) + 4 others for 45 minutes each. The next day, the hiring manager confirmed I had made a good impression but Marvell was in the early stages of their search and need to conduct diligence on several more candidates. This diligence was basically a delay of 5 weeks as they undoubtedly conducted a bunch more interviews with others until I heard back from them and then a second onsite interview for 2 more hours and 3 more people occurred. Each multiple week delay was basically using me as a baseline to see if anyone they liked better came along. A week after the second on site interview, Marvell insinuated I would be offered the job once I completed Marvell's on-line application, provided pay information form my current employer (even though they had this info. verbally from day #1) and a thorough background & legal/education check of me was processed. But a job was not offered. After 3 more weeks of delays, HR only after a request by me stated 'The team has decided to move forward with another candidate. We will reach out if anything changes.'. That's it- No rationale was given for the decision. Based on Glassdoor reviews by current/former Marvell employees I firmly believe the dismissal of me was due to Marvell not wanting to pay even what I was making at my current employer. The entire process was too lengthy, required multiple days off on my part to travel to them and they offered little feedback in return. To top it all off, Marvell has not yet repaid me the ~$200 reimbursement I submitted 4+ weeks ago nor provided from the background check agency a copy of the legal documentation and review they supported conducted on me - they have my personal information but have not yet provided me a copy of my own information... Marvell's reputation of being cheap on pay and bennies is warranted fully.

Interview Questions

• A Marketing Director asked me several detailed technical questions about Marvell's PCI-Express based Controllers even though my background was clear that I didn't have heavy depth in this area. After a set of satisfactory answers to his own admission he continued to probe deeper until I guess he received an answer not to his liking. IMO a waste of time to probe this deep on an area the candidate doesn't yet own.   Answer Question

North America Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

I knew a manager who thought I fit perfectly into a current need, so he asked if I would interview. Knowing someone here is the best way to get hired, as HR is a joke when it comes to reviewing candidates and hiring off the open job reqs. Go to an event like CES, chat up someone in sales and really get to know them. Let them know you're looking for an opportunity and you're very interested in Marvell. My interview was pretty grilling, but I spent a week preparing for it. I knew the corporate organization, who the managers and players were, the products and markets, but above all I told a complete story about myself that they could relate to. Everyone here is hard working and ambitious but they value ethics and teamwork above all else. No one here would ever consider hurting someone else or the company for personal gain, just keep that in mind.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was "why should we hire you if you haven't worked in technology before?" which was expected and fair.   1 Answer

Negotiation

At the time I was a starving grad student, so though I was ready to negotiate I accepted based on the opportunity to grow in an ideal environment. Marvell doesn't pay employees very well, so I knew if I demanded a high number they'd find someone else.

Senior RFIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

whole day interview. met with all the managers, and get the offer. Just get out of school and mind is fresh. Prepared very well. Answered all the questions correctly and get the offer immediately after the interview.