Marvell Technology Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Apr 13, 2015

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

A while back, I applied for this position. I received a call for this position while I was in my office. I promptly asked the human resources to call me back another time and she agreed. I never heard from her again. Talk about being professional!!

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

I got this job 10 years ago. It was around the dot com bubble. Interview was simple. Different people covered different topics from CMOS design, combinational logic, Verilog, board design, instruments, puzzles, etc. But the process still seemed ad- hoc at that time since it was a small company. The questions were not complicated. I have had other harder interviews.

Interview Questions

• I found it very simple. So hard to tell. Nothing a college grad would not know. But one question was what happens to the ground when a lot of lines suddenly draw current.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. I was told the company does not negotiate. Take it or leave it. I needed it. So I took it.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

The interviews were purely technical. Also, they asked a lot about my resume including in-depth of my course work and work experience. Overall, all interviewers were very polite and respectful. The process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Circuits about filter, and their input and output behavior. Phase shifter   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the package was very satisfying. They offered the salary 10% more than my expected salary that I told them.

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Campus interview first during the career fair time. Followed by a phone interview one week after and scheduled onsite one week after. I heard back from the HR person after one week of my onsite. Great campus, nice people, fancy cafe.

The CPU group is a mix of design and verification. Average difficulty for the questions, some recruiters are also from the verification team.

Interview Questions

• How to apply what we learned from school to the current going on project?
      Some verilog coding questions.
      Basic logic design questions.

More on the verilog project we did at school for a RISC processor.

Have other offers.

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Contacted by hiring manager and got arranged a phone interview a week later. First self-introduce. Then got asked four technical questions. Clock frequency divider, digital circuit design- given 4 inputs, outputs and timing diagram to design gate level circuits, Verilog question about signed and unsigned integer... The interviewer was very nice and asked me about my interest.

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Initial phone screen with recruiter, then 1:1 interviews on site with hiring mgr and peers. Didn't hear back until a month later and then asked me to come back for final round interviews. Overall interviewed with probably 10 different people, and was more cultural fit type of interview questions and getting to know me. Everyone I interviewed with was considerate. Issue though in that I never heard back after final round interviews and it's been 5 months - I would expect after final round interviews at least a call back.

Interview Questions

• Why should I hire you over someone with finance and engineering background?   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2012.

Interview

Online applications and call within 2-4 weeks. Strange thing manager called directly without scheduling an interview and started asking all sorts of questions. He was so impressed that towards the end he said the next round might be bypassed and HR might send the on-site invitation. Till date, I haven't heard back from them neither the HR nor the manager who called.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone call from HR, tell details about grounp, and On-Site with 7 rounds, each round takes 45 mins, 1:1 style, Very basic question, setup, hold, timing report,
    Manager took for lunch, and talk about the group, and visit campus.
    Logic effect calculation, draw stick picture of NAND, sample sequence detector, cross clock domain.
    Talk about your resume, and explain your project at school.
    Nothing surprises, pretty basic stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in October 2008.

Interview

Co-workers appeared friendly and knowledgeable. The managers, not so much.

Mainly technical questions, basic design, timing and verification questions.

Negotiation

Negotiation? They let you negotiate at this place? The first thing they tell you when they give you an offer is "hey, I've already negotiated the highest possible salary for you with our CEO. Unfortuantely, it's still ower than what you started your last job with. Do you think it's OK with you?"

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

Firstly got a phone screen from HM, 15 minutes. Behavioral questions and Asynchronous reset.
    5 round 1:1 interview, 4 engineers and 1HM

setup and hold time concept;
    whether there is a FF have both setup time and hold time violation;
    FSM, detect 01100;
    FSM, beverage system design;
    how to deal with hold and setup violation;
    static timing analysis;
    if clock skew occurs, what happen ti setup and hold?
    invert a int
    design MUL

Interview Questions

• setup and hold time concept;
      whether there is a FF have both setup time and hold time violation;
      FSM, detect 01100;
      FSM, beverage system design;

Answer Question
    • how to deal with hold and setup violation;
      static timing analysis;
      if clock skew occurs, what happen ti setup and hold?
      invert a int