Marvell Technology Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Senior RFIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

whole day interview. met with all the managers, and get the offer. Just get out of school and mind is fresh. Prepared very well. Answered all the questions correctly and get the offer immediately after the interview.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was an all day interview. Met with a different teams within the organization. It was a more casual interview, more focused on the behavioral side. Usually given situations and how will you as a program manager address the situation. The final interview was with the VP of the business unit

Interview Questions

• How to manage priorities and dealing with change and risk management   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was not very easy to negotiate, but I was able to do it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

First of all, the recruiter just reach me through the email. And then we went through one-round technical phone interview, including asking me something about the asic flow, verilog. About two weeks later, I got a notification that I passed the phone round, and we reserved a skype interview including 4 rounds. 4 rounds include basic concepts and some verilog coding.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

Internal employee referral, manager phone interview and only one round onsite interview. Then background check, referral check from previous job and offer extented. No hard questions were asked. Behaviour questions are important.

Interview Questions

• They just asked a lot questions about your past work experience. Be confident and positive.   Answer Question

Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Interview were face to face over one day and prior to this many phone interview. You meet colleagues and managers and product people. Telephone interviews were done over several days due to peoples diaries.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

little negotiation was possible

VLSI Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

basic questions about rtl, synthesis, place and route and STA. Separate round for each. 4 -45 mins round. Included hands on expertise in CAD tools and simulation tools. Also certain behvioral questions on team work, challenges faced while handling projects, etc

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in December 2014.

Interview

phone interview -- just general question because i got refer from my friends onsite interview -- got me email from HR to arrange my interview date and time i had 5 people for interview most of them were nice, but one guy was very annoying. i coudn't understand his question, so i asked again. but he was angry because i asked again. had a lunch with them and talk about general question

Interview Questions

• clock divider / mealy vs moor fsm / through my resume project / setup time hold time   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I received a call for an onsite interview as I was in Santa Clara itself. I gave first onsite with 3 engineers. After 15-20 days I received call for another onsite with 4 engineers. The interviews were pretty basic stuff related to Verilog basics, FSM Design, FIFO related questions as well as on the resume. After 2nd onsite I waited for 2 months but I did not get any reply from HR or recruiter. Finally when I contacted manager, I was told that they had already selected some other candidate. They seriously should learn some professionalism and have the courtesy to give an update to someone who gave 2 onsite interviews. Totally disappointed with the process speed as well communication.

Interview Questions

• Verilog tasks and functions, FSM Design, FIFO Depth, some system verilog questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

apply online and after several weeks, I got phone interview. It is about ASIC design/verification. My background is more focus on Verification of microprofessor, FPGA. Not very familiar with ASIC flow.so it is very important for background match.

Physical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA).

Interview

Phone call from HR, tell details about grounp, and On-Site with 7 rounds, each round takes 45 mins, 1:1 style, Very basic question, setup, hold, timing report, Manager took for lunch, and talk about the group, and visit campus. Logic effect calculation, draw stick picture of NAND, sample sequence detector, cross clock domain. Talk about your resume, and explain your project at school. Nothing surprises, pretty basic stuff.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation