Marvell Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Logic Design Engineer Interview

Logic Design Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – CPU group
1 phone 1 onsite
Met 6 people including hr.
most interviewers were nice except for one guy.
This guy was eating snack and playing with whatever in his hands when I was solving problems.
Not sure they really wanted to hire or just bored at their daily work

Interview Question – Asked me to draw all Pipeline forwarding paths   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

ASIC Design Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in December 2012.

Interview Details – Online applications and call within 2-4 weeks. Strange thing manager called directly without scheduling an interview and started asking all sorts of questions. He was so impressed that towards the end he said the next round might be bypassed and HR might send the on-site invitation. Till date, I haven't heard back from them neither the HR nor the manager who called.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2013.

Interview Details – Phone interview first then on site

Interview Question – Most questions are about timing, like setup time and hold time   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Have better offer

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in May 2012.

Interview Details – first a phone interview, then a screening interview with a hiring manager. If you pass this screening process, you'll get to meet with 5 or 6 engineers not necessarily from the same team. The technical interview takes about 3~4 hours.

Interview Question – 1. what's the difference between matlab function and matlab script?
2. how does a system know when there is an error in the codeword?
  Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – The interviews were purely technical. Also, they asked a lot about my resume including in-depth of my course work and work experience. Overall, all interviewers were very polite and respectful. The process was very pleasant.

Interview Question – Circuits about filter, and their input and output behavior. Phase shifter   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate because the package was very satisfying. They offered the salary 10% more than my expected salary that I told them.

ASIC Design Engineer At Marvell Technology Interview

San Jose, CA

Interview Details – Let me do a introduction, also about my resume

Interview Question – Two questions:
1. 2 2bits comparators to 4 bits comparators, and reduce the delay to 1 units
1. data buffer like 0100000001, most simple rtl design to get the length (which is 9)
  Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer
Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in April 2012.

Interview Details – A while back, I applied for this position. I received a call for this position while I was in my office. I promptly asked the human resources to call me back another time and she agreed. I never heard from her again. Talk about being professional!!

Finance Manager Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with recruiter, then 1:1 interviews on site with hiring mgr and peers. Didn't hear back until a month later and then asked me to come back for final round interviews. Overall interviewed with probably 10 different people, and was more cultural fit type of interview questions and getting to know me. Everyone I interviewed with was considerate. Issue though in that I never heard back after final round interviews and it's been 5 months - I would expect after final round interviews at least a call back.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over someone with finance and engineering background?   Answer Question

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marvell Technology in October 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by hiring manager and got arranged a phone interview a week later. First self-introduce. Then got asked four technical questions. Clock frequency divider, digital circuit design- given 4 inputs, outputs and timing diagram to design gate level circuits, Verilog question about signed and unsigned integer... The interviewer was very nice and asked me about my interest.

Interview Question – Black box CRC circuit checking...   Answer Question

Senior Staff Engineer, Physical Design Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview first by Director of mostly high level questions. Followed by onsite of about 5 people in 5 hrs. Notified in about 2 days regarding an offer. They needed verifications of my current pay to "match" salary. Background check also took place.

Interview Question – None. Just know physical design concept and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked my present pay, want to see proof before matching it.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marvell Technology