Marvell Technology

Updated Feb 17, 2015
Updated Feb 17, 2015

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2013.

Referred by the employee in the group. It takes only 1 week to proceed. Most people are nice. The interview takes 8 hours including 1 hour for lunch. You must be prepared.

Senior ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2013.

The interview process is standard, first , there is a telephonic screen which is totally technical, and lasts about an hour.
    Then they call you for an onsite interview , which lasts about 5 hours, with 5 one-on-one interviews with the whole team.
    The interview itself is pretty standard.
    But, what comes after that is an utter non-professionalism. 2 days after the interview, I get a call from the HR that I have been selected for this position, and we can start the background check and have the salary negotiations.
    I did that, and the background check results also came back after a week, which was clean.
    Then, I get a call from HR that the approval now needs to be taken from VP of the group, the hiring manager has given the approval already.
    So, I wait 1 week and no response. So , I call the HR and ask her what is the delay about. She says, VP is busy in meetings, and will take 2-3 more days. I wait, and then comes and reply that the approval of VP is done and approved.
    The next thing now is that the approval needs to come from CEO. I was totally shocked at this - I am interviewing for a senior engineer position, and not a director position, why would the CEO be involved in this selection process.
    She answered - its a standard procedure for all employee selection at Marvell. The approval for all should come from CEO, and since he is out of the country for a couple of weeks on business, that will take time.
    So, I wait, and after 2 weeks, I call again, and comes a reply that he is busy, and cannot be done this week.
    I was totally angry at this unprofessional behavior now. I was made to wait for just an approval, and that too, I need to call everytime to ask for an update.
    So, after a week, I call again, and she says, the CEO has not approved. I asked why is that - the whole interviewing team has given me full marks for my technical skills, the hiring manager was totally impressed by my skills, the VP approved, and why not CEO?
    The answer was totally unacceptable - we do not know why he has declined, and we cannot ask why.

I was so angry at this. I have vowed never to work for Marvell in my life, even of they offer me 10 times the salary. I wasted a lot of my time in the procedure, which was thoroughly unprofessional.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology.

The interviews were purely technical. Also, they asked a lot about my resume including in-depth of my course work and work experience. Overall, all interviewers were very polite and respectful. The process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions
    • Circuits about filter, and their input and output behavior. Phase shifter   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because the package was very satisfying. They offered the salary 10% more than my expected salary that I told them.

Digital Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

interviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2013.

Phone interview first then on site

Interview Questions
    • Most questions are about timing, like setup time and hold time   Answer Question

Have better offer

ASIC Design Engineer At Marvell Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2013.

Let me do a introduction, also about my resume

Interview Questions
    • Two questions:
      1. 2 2bits comparators to 4 bits comparators, and reduce the delay to 1 units
      1. data buffer like 0100000001, most simple rtl design to get the length (which is 9)

Answer Question

Logic Design Engineer Interview

CPU group
    1 phone 1 onsite
    Met 6 people including hr.
    most interviewers were nice except for one guy.
    This guy was eating snack and playing with whatever in his hands when I was solving problems.
    Not sure they really wanted to hire or just bored at their daily work

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in December 2012.

Online applications and call within 2-4 weeks. Strange thing manager called directly without scheduling an interview and started asking all sorts of questions. He was so impressed that towards the end he said the next round might be bypassed and HR might send the on-site invitation. Till date, I haven't heard back from them neither the HR nor the manager who called.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Marvell Technology.

I was called for a phone interview first, talk about my previous experience, mainly about my resume, and ask some simple digital circuit question. One week after, I was scheduled for a screen interview, with 5 interviewers, last more than 3 hours.
    They asked some small questions, one guy still focus on the resume, some others ask some verilog question, some design question, quite straight-forward.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions are clear and normal. eg. write FSM in verilog, some DFT related questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online – interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview process was straightforward. Phone interview followed by onsite with 6 1:1: interviews.

All basic design question from VLSI, datapath design and bus architectures.

The interview went well, but they have a simple policy of not responding to any emails under any pretext. I am under the assumption that I was not selected due to their strong inkling to be completely ignorant to my emails.

At this point I have no regard for a company that treats candidates so poorly; it just shows the amount of respect (or lack of) that they have for people in general.

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Marvell Technology in October 2012.

Contacted by hiring manager and got arranged a phone interview a week later. First self-introduce. Then got asked four technical questions. Clock frequency divider, digital circuit design- given 4 inputs, outputs and timing diagram to design gate level circuits, Verilog question about signed and unsigned integer... The interviewer was very nice and asked me about my interest.