Marvell Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Finance Manager Interview

Finance Manager
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2012.

Interview Details – Initial phone screen with recruiter, then 1:1 interviews on site with hiring mgr and peers. Didn't hear back until a month later and then asked me to come back for final round interviews. Overall interviewed with probably 10 different people, and was more cultural fit type of interview questions and getting to know me. Everyone I interviewed with was considerate. Issue though in that I never heard back after final round interviews and it's been 5 months - I would expect after final round interviews at least a call back.

Interview Question – Why should I hire you over someone with finance and engineering background?   Answer Question

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

ASIC Verification Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Marvell Technology in October 2012.

Interview Details – Contacted by hiring manager and got arranged a phone interview a week later. First self-introduce. Then got asked four technical questions. Clock frequency divider, digital circuit design- given 4 inputs, outputs and timing diagram to design gate level circuits, Verilog question about signed and unsigned integer... The interviewer was very nice and asked me about my interest.

Interview Question – Black box CRC circuit checking...   Answer Question

Senior Staff Engineer, Physical Design Interview

Senior Staff Engineer, Physical Design
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2008.

Interview Details – Phone interview first by Director of mostly high level questions. Followed by onsite of about 5 people in 5 hrs. Notified in about 2 days regarding an offer. They needed verifications of my current pay to "match" salary. Background check also took place.

Interview Question – None. Just know physical design concept and you should be fine.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They asked my present pay, want to see proof before matching it.

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – I was called for a phone interview first, talk about my previous experience, mainly about my resume, and ask some simple digital circuit question. One week after, I was scheduled for a screen interview, with 5 interviewers, last more than 3 hours.
They asked some small questions, one guy still focus on the resume, some others ask some verilog question, some design question, quite straight-forward.

Interview Question – All the questions are clear and normal. eg. write FSM in verilog, some DFT related questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Digital IC Design Engineer Interview

Digital IC Design Engineer
San Jose, CA

I applied through a staffing agency - interviewed at Marvell Technology in May 2012.

Interview Details – on site interview with 5 members from team

Interview Question – amplifier sizing   View Answer

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – Interview process was straightforward. Phone interview followed by onsite with 6 1:1: interviews.

All basic design question from VLSI, datapath design and bus architectures.

The interview went well, but they have a simple policy of not responding to any emails under any pretext. I am under the assumption that I was not selected due to their strong inkling to be completely ignorant to my emails.

At this point I have no regard for a company that treats candidates so poorly; it just shows the amount of respect (or lack of) that they have for people in general.

Interview Question – Standard design questions.   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2009.

Interview Details – Interview will last for a full day by 6-7 engineers and managers.

Interview Question – Personality is the most important thing.   View Answer

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in September 2011.

Interview Details – Clock domain crossing
verilog about the differences between blocking/non- blocking assignments
points you list on your resume
basic ALU questions
Truth table and k-maps
frequency divider and counters
DFF with synchronized reset and asynchronized reset verilog codes
FIFO synchronized and asynchronized

Interview Question – FIFO synchronized and asynchronized   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing is negotiable

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2012.

Interview Details – 1.Frequency divider by 3
2.MUX finish AND,OR,XOR,XNOR function
3.Simple STA problem
4.FSM to detect 11011
5.detect how many logic 1 in circuit level
6.Bubble pushing problems
7.FIFO working function

Interview Question – There are 8 bits inputs ,only use full adder to detect how many logic 1's   View Answers (2)

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Design Verification Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – Phone interview.

Interview Question – 1 is heavier than the other 5 marbles among 6 mables . given a weight to find the heavier one.   View Answers (2)