Marvell Technology Interview Questions & Reviews in San Jose, CA

59 interviews

59 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in May 2012.

Firstly got a phone screen from HM, 15 minutes. Behavioral questions and Asynchronous reset.
    5 round 1:1 interview, 4 engineers and 1HM

setup and hold time concept;
    whether there is a FF have both setup time and hold time violation;
    FSM, detect 01100;
    FSM, beverage system design;
    how to deal with hold and setup violation;
    static timing analysis;
    if clock skew occurs, what happen ti setup and hold?
    invert a int
    design MUL

Interview Questions
    • setup and hold time concept;
      whether there is a FF have both setup time and hold time violation;
      FSM, detect 01100;
      FSM, beverage system design;
        Answer Question
    • how to deal with hold and setup violation;
      static timing analysis;
      if clock skew occurs, what happen ti setup and hold?
      invert a int
      design MUL
        Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in October 2008.

Co-workers appeared friendly and knowledgeable. The managers, not so much.

Mainly technical questions, basic design, timing and verification questions.

Negotiation? They let you negotiate at this place? The first thing they tell you when they give you an offer is "hey, I've already negotiated the highest possible salary for you with our CEO. Unfortuantely, it's still ower than what you started your last job with. Do you think it's OK with you?"

ASIC Verification Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in April 2012.

first i got a telephonic screening. it was easy, just based on my resume and school projects.
    then i was called for an onsite. it was from 9:30 am to 5 pm.
    i had a total of 9 interviews including one with the recruiter.
    i had heard that Marvell have quite formal work culture, but my experience was quite bad.
    two of my interviewers did not show up. upon calling, they came to know that they were off that day.
    so, they substituted someone else in their place.
    one of my interviewer dint even remember that there was an interview. he went home during lunch time when he was scheduled to take me for lunch. anyways , he showed up when i was almost done with lunch and he felt sorry to the other person who took to me to lunch instead .
     a few others were really nice.
    the questions they asked were quite relevant and tricky.
    but i dint like the work environment and i was dissappointed by the unprofessional attitude of some people .
    i took a day off my work to go for this interview.
    but anyways they dint offer me the job !!

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2012.

This interview is for a entry level engineer job. HR first, introducing the benefits. followed up with five one on one interviews, three director, one hiring manger and one staff engineer. Most of the question were based on resume, some are based on their group project.

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2011.

Quiz and 1:1 with potential team members

Interview Questions
    • Pipelining, FSM pattern generator, Digital logic (simple)   Answer Question
    • Perl questions, Propose test plan for round robin arbiter   Answer Question

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2010.

The process started with a phone call, then 1:1 interviews with the team and then execs. It took a while due to transitions happening on team. Overall, it was challenging but fun.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2012.

It is a job fair. After submitting the resume, everyone gets a test paper with several problems. No time limit. Just return it to the technical staff when you are done.

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Initial phone screen (2) by hiring manager + junior employee (<3 years out of college).
    Manager asks conceptual and higher level questions. Junior employee asks coding questions (dictates a piece of code and asks questions on that (SystemVerilog)
    Have to fill out online profile and NDA before going onsite.
    Onsite interview start with meeting HR person who collects compensation information and asks questions like why you left each of your previous employers, why you are applying now, what other companies you are talking to, what factors you will use to decide the offer etc. Later met with hiring manager (heads design+verif), 1 design engineer and 2 verif engineers (junior+senior).
    Hiring Manager asks high level questions: e.g where will you place coverage collection for stimulus applied to DUT (monitor Vs driver)
    Junior verif person asks more coding questions and Behavioural interview (how to deal w/ diffcult person, failures in past etc)
    Design engineer asks some Verilog question and how to test a particular design.
    I give all of them an A for the interview.
    Other Sr Verif engineer was extremely challenged even to speak couple of sentences in English. He just thrust a piece of paper in front of me typed with a couple of questions. They had non standard terminology and despite repeated requests to explain the terms refused to do so. He kept repeating "just read the question and answer it". After some time I figured out what was the question and gave the answer. He claimed the answer was wrong and asked me to try again. After I came back I googled and found that my answer was correct. He could have moved on to additional questions and had a better/larger sample to make a decision, but stuck with the 2 questions throughout the 45 minute interview. This person should have been trained and lacked basic communication/interview skills in English.

Be prepared for coding questions (some code w/ bug in it etc) regardless of how experienced you are.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2011.

It only took 4 days from the phone interview to the onsite interview. Most of the interview questions are technical. I was also asked about projects that I have done in school as well as at my previous job. The people who interviewed me were quite nice and respectful. Although it took a few weeks from the onsite interview to the offer letter, it was a good experience overall.

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2011.

There were total 5 ppl included the HR. And it took about 5 more hours. Each interviewer took about an hour to talked with me, and all the questions are technical based. Some of them from my project experience and some of them are design aspect and some of them are from verification field.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your task and what you achieved in your project?   View Answer
    • how to balance the pipeline stage to achieve any specific time period?   View Answer