Marvell Technology

Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2012.

Interview Details – This interview is for a entry level engineer job. HR first, introducing the benefits. followed up with five one on one interviews, three director, one hiring manger and one staff engineer. Most of the question were based on resume, some are based on their group project.

Verification Engineer Interview

Verification Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2011.

Interview Details – Quiz and 1:1 with potential team members

Lawyer Interview

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2010.

Interview Details – The process started with a phone call, then 1:1 interviews with the team and then execs. It took a while due to transitions happening on team. Overall, it was challenging but fun.

Electrical Engineer Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2012.

Interview Details – It is a job fair. After submitting the resume, everyone gets a test paper with several problems. No time limit. Just return it to the technical staff when you are done.

Interview Question – To draw a schematic for FIFO   View Answer

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Design Verification Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

Interview Details – Initial phone screen (2) by hiring manager + junior employee (<3 years out of college).
Manager asks conceptual and higher level questions. Junior employee asks coding questions (dictates a piece of code and asks questions on that (SystemVerilog)
Have to fill out online profile and NDA before going onsite.
Onsite interview start with meeting HR person who collects compensation information and asks questions like why you left each of your previous employers, why you are applying now, what other companies you are talking to, what factors you will use to decide the offer etc. Later met with hiring manager (heads design+verif), 1 design engineer and 2 verif engineers (junior+senior).
Hiring Manager asks high level questions: e.g where will you place coverage collection for stimulus applied to DUT (monitor Vs driver)
Junior verif person asks more coding questions and Behavioural interview (how to deal w/ diffcult person, failures in past etc)
Design engineer asks some Verilog question and how to test a particular design.
I give all of them an A for the interview.
Other Sr Verif engineer was extremely challenged even to speak couple of sentences in English. He just thrust a piece of paper in front of me typed with a couple of questions. They had non standard terminology and despite repeated requests to explain the terms refused to do so. He kept repeating "just read the question and answer it". After some time I figured out what was the question and gave the answer. He claimed the answer was wrong and asked me to try again. After I came back I googled and found that my answer was correct. He could have moved on to additional questions and had a better/larger sample to make a decision, but stuck with the 2 questions throughout the 45 minute interview. This person should have been trained and lacked basic communication/interview skills in English.

Be prepared for coding questions (some code w/ bug in it etc) regardless of how experienced you are.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Analog Design Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

The process took 4 days - interviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2011.

Interview Details – It only took 4 days from the phone interview to the onsite interview. Most of the interview questions are technical. I was also asked about projects that I have done in school as well as at my previous job. The people who interviewed me were quite nice and respectful. Although it took a few weeks from the onsite interview to the offer letter, it was a good experience overall.

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Design Verification Engineer
Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2011.

Interview Details – There were total 5 ppl included the HR. And it took about 5 more hours. Each interviewer took about an hour to talked with me, and all the questions are technical based. Some of them from my project experience and some of them are design aspect and some of them are from verification field.

Interview Questions

• Describe your task and what you achieved in your project?   View Answer
  • how to balance the pipeline stage to achieve any specific time period?   View Answer

Design and Verifiacation Engineer Interview

Santa Clara, CA

Interview Details – There are total four engineers came to interview with different aspect questions associated with the digital design topic, like timing issue, computer architecture and power consumption issue. i think I did great but still get no offer. And they delay the whole interview a lot and one of the interviewer went to meeting then skipped me, it's kind of disrespect.

Interview Question – the questions related to the projects I've done in my graduate   Answer Question

Software Engineerng Interview

San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2011.

Interview Details – I was looking for an internship. The group had no internship openings at that moment...

Interview Question – Say something about a project which involves most of your knowledge   Answer Question

Principal Engineer Interview

Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2010.

Interview Details – HR