Marvell Technology Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

Updated Aug 25, 2015

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

first a phone interview, then a screening interview with a hiring manager. If you pass this screening process, you'll get to meet with 5 or 6 engineers not necessarily from the same team. The technical interview takes about 3~4 hours.

Interview Questions

• 1. what's the difference between matlab function and matlab script? 2. how does a system know when there is an error in the codeword?   Answer Question

Digital IC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

on site interview with 5 members from team

ASIC Verification Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

first i got a telephonic screening. it was easy, just based on my resume and school projects. then i was called for an onsite. it was from 9:30 am to 5 pm. i had a total of 9 interviews including one with the recruiter. i had heard that Marvell have quite formal work culture, but my experience was quite bad. two of my interviewers did not show up. upon calling, they came to know that they were off that day. so, they substituted someone else in their place. one of my interviewer dint even remember that there was an interview. he went home during lunch time when he was scheduled to take me for lunch. anyways , he showed up when i was almost done with lunch and he felt sorry to the other person who took to me to lunch instead . a few others were really nice. the questions they asked were quite relevant and tricky. but i dint like the work environment and i was dissappointed by the unprofessional attitude of some people . i took a day off my work to go for this interview. but anyways they dint offer me the job !!

Hardware Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Sunnyvale, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

A while back, I applied for this position. I received a call for this position while I was in my office. I promptly asked the human resources to call me back another time and she agreed. I never heard from her again. Talk about being professional!!

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in February 2012.

Interview

This interview is for a entry level engineer job. HR first, introducing the benefits. followed up with five one on one interviews, three director, one hiring manger and one staff engineer. Most of the question were based on resume, some are based on their group project.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in January 2012.

Interview

It is a job fair. After submitting the resume, everyone gets a test paper with several problems. No time limit. Just return it to the technical staff when you are done.

Interview Questions

• To draw a schematic for FIFO   1 Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

Clock domain crossing verilog about the differences between blocking/non- blocking assignments points you list on your resume basic ALU questions Truth table and k-maps frequency divider and counters DFF with synchronized reset and asynchronized reset verilog codes FIFO synchronized and asynchronized

Interview Questions

Negotiation

nothing is negotiable

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

First of all, the recruiter just reach me through the email. And then we went through one-round technical phone interview, including asking me something about the asic flow, verilog. About two weeks later, I got a notification that I passed the phone round, and we reserved a skype interview including 4 rounds. 4 rounds include basic concepts and some verilog coding.

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screen (2) by hiring manager + junior employee (<3 years out of college). Manager asks conceptual and higher level questions. Junior employee asks coding questions (dictates a piece of code and asks questions on that (SystemVerilog) Have to fill out online profile and NDA before going onsite. Onsite interview start with meeting HR person who collects compensation information and asks questions like why you left each of your previous employers, why you are applying now, what other companies you are talking to, what factors you will use to decide the offer etc. Later met with hiring manager (heads design+verif), 1 design engineer and 2 verif engineers (junior+senior). Hiring Manager asks high level questions: e.g where will you place coverage collection for stimulus applied to DUT (monitor Vs driver) Junior verif person asks more coding questions and Behavioural interview (how to deal w/ diffcult person, failures in past etc) Design engineer asks some Verilog question and how to test a particular design. I give all of them an A for the interview. Other Sr Verif engineer was extremely challenged even to speak couple of sentences in English. He just thrust a piece of paper in front of me typed with a couple of questions. They had non standard terminology and despite repeated requests to explain the terms refused to do so. He kept repeating "just read the question and answer it". After some time I figured out what was the question and gave the answer. He claimed the answer was wrong and asked me to try again. After I came back I googled and found that my answer was correct. He could have moved on to additional questions and had a better/larger sample to make a decision, but stuck with the 2 questions throughout the 45 minute interview. This person should have been trained and lacked basic communication/interview skills in English. Be prepared for coding questions (some code w/ bug in it etc) regardless of how experienced you are.

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

It only took 4 days from the phone interview to the onsite interview. Most of the interview questions are technical. I was also asked about projects that I have done in school as well as at my previous job. The people who interviewed me were quite nice and respectful. Although it took a few weeks from the onsite interview to the offer letter, it was a good experience overall.