Marvell Technology

Updated Nov 16, 2014

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in September 2011.

Clock domain crossing
    verilog about the differences between blocking/non- blocking assignments
    points you list on your resume
    basic ALU questions
    Truth table and k-maps
    frequency divider and counters
    DFF with synchronized reset and asynchronized reset verilog codes
    FIFO synchronized and asynchronized

nothing is negotiable

Analog Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2011.

It only took 4 days from the phone interview to the onsite interview. Most of the interview questions are technical. I was also asked about projects that I have done in school as well as at my previous job. The people who interviewed me were quite nice and respectful. Although it took a few weeks from the onsite interview to the offer letter, it was a good experience overall.

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2011.

Initial phone screen (2) by hiring manager + junior employee (<3 years out of college).
    Manager asks conceptual and higher level questions. Junior employee asks coding questions (dictates a piece of code and asks questions on that (SystemVerilog)
    Have to fill out online profile and NDA before going onsite.
    Onsite interview start with meeting HR person who collects compensation information and asks questions like why you left each of your previous employers, why you are applying now, what other companies you are talking to, what factors you will use to decide the offer etc. Later met with hiring manager (heads design+verif), 1 design engineer and 2 verif engineers (junior+senior).
    Hiring Manager asks high level questions: e.g where will you place coverage collection for stimulus applied to DUT (monitor Vs driver)
    Junior verif person asks more coding questions and Behavioural interview (how to deal w/ diffcult person, failures in past etc)
    Design engineer asks some Verilog question and how to test a particular design.
    I give all of them an A for the interview.
    Other Sr Verif engineer was extremely challenged even to speak couple of sentences in English. He just thrust a piece of paper in front of me typed with a couple of questions. They had non standard terminology and despite repeated requests to explain the terms refused to do so. He kept repeating "just read the question and answer it". After some time I figured out what was the question and gave the answer. He claimed the answer was wrong and asked me to try again. After I came back I googled and found that my answer was correct. He could have moved on to additional questions and had a better/larger sample to make a decision, but stuck with the 2 questions throughout the 45 minute interview. This person should have been trained and lacked basic communication/interview skills in English.

Be prepared for coding questions (some code w/ bug in it etc) regardless of how experienced you are.

Verification Engineer Interview

Quiz and 1:1 with potential team members

Interview Questions
    • Pipelining, FSM pattern generator, Digital logic (simple)   Answer Question
    • Perl questions, Propose test plan for round robin arbiter   Answer Question

Design Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2011.

There were total 5 ppl included the HR. And it took about 5 more hours. Each interviewer took about an hour to talked with me, and all the questions are technical based. Some of them from my project experience and some of them are design aspect and some of them are from verification field.

Interview Questions
    • Describe your task and what you achieved in your project?   View Answer
    • how to balance the pipeline stage to achieve any specific time period?   View Answer

Design and Verifiacation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

There are total four engineers came to interview with different aspect questions associated with the digital design topic, like timing issue, computer architecture and power consumption issue. i think I did great but still get no offer. And they delay the whole interview a lot and one of the interviewer went to meeting then skipped me, it's kind of disrespect.

Interview Questions
    • the questions related to the projects I've done in my graduate   Answer Question

Software Engineerng Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2011.

I was looking for an internship. The group had no internship openings at that moment...

Interview Questions
    • Say something about a project which involves most of your knowledge   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marvell Technology in September 2010.

Had a phone call with manager and later interviewed for multiple positions....
    1:1 and group/panel interview was all about the resume and small design questions and comp arch questions.
    They were looking for answers but never looked at the approach.....that was really bad....and I was not comfortable with interviewers except for couple of people

Interview Questions

Had a better offer in hand

Design Verification & Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2010.

Had one phone interview and was called for an on-site interview after that. There were seven 1:1 interviews that day. Most of the interviews were basic communication/networking/software and resume based. The people who took my interview were very nice and it was a good experience for me - my first on-site interview. Its been over a month now and haven't heard back. Tried contacting HR (via email and phone) and was told they''l get back after asking the main recruiter for the group and again haven't heard back since then. Communication with HR has been quite bad. The least they could do is inform me about the status, even if it is a reject.

Interview Questions
    • You have seven stones and a weighing scale. Six of the stones are equal in weight and one is lighter. How will you figure out which one is lighter ? Minimum tries required to do so ?   View Answers (5)

Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2010.

A phone interview first. Asked to describe work history and offered job description.
    A long employment application filled out online, printed out and bring to on-site interview.

The perception I gathered from the interview is that Marvell did not emphasize on verification and in the process of rectifying that. One engineer warned me that I should expect resistance of forcing verification methodology on the teams if I were to be offered and accept the job.

Interview Questions
    • a piece of systemVerilog code regarding fork/join_none and explain its behavior
      (the following code is not exact)

module ...
      join_none
      endmodule

output:

simulation ends at time 0

Q: why it ends at time 0, where does #1 go?

View Answers (2)