Marvell Technology

Updated Nov 16, 2014

60 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

ASIC Verification Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2010.

phone screen followed by in person interview.
    The interview was easy but I was not a match

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2010.

Call me ask questions in digital field, the best solution/most concern for high-speed circuit. Later, asked question in transfer line theory.

Principal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2010.

HR
    Director
    engineer
    Hiring manager
    engineer
    HR

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2010.

Phone Interview asking the following

1. Why you want to change your current job?
    2. What responsibilities you had in your previous job

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Marvell Technology in June 2010.

It was stressed to me over and over again that Marvell was a company where you were expected to work long hours around the clock and that employees were not expected to have a life outside of work. More than one team member mentioned that upper management micromanaged the team and that salaries were reviewed by the executive team for even individual contributors.

Most people I spoke with were very pleasant but lacked basic interviewing skills. Only one person asked any questions that would ferret out real world experience. I was surprised at the lack of difficult questions and disorganized sessions. Several interviewers seemed interested in only learning what they could about my previous employers' product line, and asked questions that were IMO unethical with regards to patents and trade secrets, including margins and revenue.

The recruiter I worked with was brand new to the company and knew next to nothing about Marvell and struggled to answer my (very basic) questions including salary range for the position, which I assume would have been a no-brainer. I was told next to nothing about the benefits other than there were RSUs available and that if was was given an offer, I would find out what the rest of the benefits would be.

I received no job offer but that was not a problem, as I had already written Marvell off as a no-go on my part. The recruiter did a double take when I quoted my salary at my last position and said flat out there was no way they could match it.

I heard through my contacts with the company that they wouldn't be extending an offer to me. Neither the hiring manager nor the HR recruiter responded to my last emails and voicemails, which I find unprofessional but not unexpected from this company.

Interview Questions
    • give an example when you fought for a feature to be included in your company's product line   View Answer

Validation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in June 2010.

phone interview lasted for 30 mins, asked basically architecture questions.
    on site interview consists of seven 1:1 interview ranging from programming language like C, PERL and system verilog. Logic questions include timing analysis and logic gates.

Interview Questions
    • what is the cycle time of this circuit give 2 flops and some combi logic in between   View Answers (2)

Communications Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in May 2010.

Met with recruiting co-ordinator, PR Specialist. PR Manager, Director and then Internal Director.
    Must have 3.0 minimum grade point average. Everyone including receptionist needs to. My perception was that people were expected to work long hours due to working with Asia.

The people I met with were nice. Marvell hasn't done much marketing historically and are now making a big push marketing/PR-wise.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between a nerd, geek and a xx?   View Answer

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Marvell Technology in April 2010.

They have an urgent need for people, so the whole process went very fast. I was contacted by the HR, then a short phone chat with the team manager, followed by a full-day on-site interview the week after. During the on-site interview, I met 7 or 8 people throughout the day and had lunch with the manager in their canteen. All interviews included brief discussion of my qualification and technical questions.

Senior Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2010.

Very unpleasant experience. First I got a phone call from the hiring manager at around 9PM. We discussed my resume. Several days later, I was brought on site, face to face with the hiring manager and an senior guy in the group. We talked about my experience first. He asked many strange questions about my past. Later on, he asked me some technical questions. For 1 questions, I couldn't answer and ask him for feedback. He gave me a wrong solution. I was very disappointed at his manner and knowledge. I wouldn't recommend this company to anybody.

Lawyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Marvell Technology in February 2010.

The process started with a phone call, then 1:1 interviews with the team and then execs. It took a while due to transitions happening on team. Overall, it was challenging but fun.