Marvell Technology

Getting the Interview

10 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Marvell Technology

Interview Details – phone call and ask something about the projects already done, and ask some problem related to C and C++

Very Easy Interview

Marlborough, MA

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2011.

Interview Details – An Engineering manager got in touch with me and set up a phone interview. The interview was easy and I was able to answer all questions put forth to me. After a couple of weeks and a few reminders, the HR asked me for my resume and transcripts. The next day, the engineering manager whom I had interviewed with, sent me an email saying that I was not selected for the next step in the process. Got no response when I asked for the reason I was rejected.

Interview Question – Dangling pointers, virtual destructors, interrupts in OS, questions on pointers, Basically if you have read a C, C++ and an OS book, the interview should really be easy. Its just based on what you know, rather than questions that require you to solve.   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2008.

Interview Details – Met first with the HR recruiter on-site. The recuriter was the one who arranged everything. He was passionate about promoting his company and totally professional and delight to talk to. The first technical interview was with a senior engineering manager. Then a team lead, after the interview, I felt that they took adavantage of what I shared regarding lots of my knowledge on the specific product and design problems they wanted to resolve.

Interview Question – reverse linked list   Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – Short process, 1 day of interviews by 3 senior guys

Interview Question – none   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was given with a number and accepted

Software Engineer

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in June 2010.

Interview Details – Tested only embedded development and C skills.

Needs solid C and OS concepts.

Interview Question – C predict the output questions,
Stacks, queues write programs,
endianity and byte allignment
volatile usage,
optimizing code
  Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Marvell Technology in March 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview, 8 interview onsite

Interview Question – Threading,OS,Projects,Algorithms   Answer Question

Beijing, Beijing (China)

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in September 2011.

Interview Details – the interviewer first described the role of the team and then went on to ask a bunch of system related fundamental technical questions: about c++ object-oriented questions, like virtual functions and virtual destructors, and the process of linker and load, memory systems, how cache works, some about linux commands. all about 30 minutes.

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in May 2011.

Interview Details – Most of are questions are related to computer architecture and projects list on resume

Software Engineer

The process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in June 2010.

Interview Details – Manager called me for my online application(about my projects experience).
2 weeks later onsite with 3 engineer and the group manager(lunch with him).
Questions:

2 count 1s in an int number
3 implement strstr
  Answer Question

Software Engineer

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2010.

Interview Details – The on-site interview is smooth. Reasonable questions related with previous experience. Meet with very nice and smart people.

Interview Question – Coding for a ring buffer.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marvell Technology

Worked for Marvell Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Marvell Technology Software Engineer interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Marvell Technology employees and interview candidates.