Marvell Technology Verification Engineer Interview Questions

3.3

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview

applied online. HR passed my resume to a group, probably a senior engineer set a phone interview. The feedback is okay, but I haven't heard anything further from it yet.

Interview Questions

• It was a group dealing with timing, so basically some tools related to timing analysis.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Marvell Technology

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

first a phone interview, then a screening interview with a hiring manager. If you pass this screening process, you'll get to meet with 5 or 6 engineers not necessarily from the same team. The technical interview takes about 3~4 hours.

Interview Questions

• 1. what's the difference between matlab function and matlab script?
      2. how does a system know when there is an error in the codeword?

Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology (Santa Clara, CA) in August 2011.

Interview

Quiz and 1:1 with potential team members

Interview Questions

• Pipelining, FSM pattern generator, Digital logic (simple)   Answer Question
    • Perl questions, Propose test plan for round robin arbiter   Answer Question

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology (San Jose, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

A phone interview first. Asked to describe work history and offered job description.
    A long employment application filled out online, printed out and bring to on-site interview.

The perception I gathered from the interview is that Marvell did not emphasize on verification and in the process of rectifying that. One engineer warned me that I should expect resistance of forcing verification methodology on the teams if I were to be offered and accept the job.

Interview Questions

• a piece of systemVerilog code regarding fork/join_none and explain its behavior
      (the following code is not exact)

module ...
      join_none
      endmodule

output:

simulation ends at time 0

Q: why it ends at time 0, where does #1 go?

3 Answers
    • C questions:
      - array vs pointer
      - passed by value/reference

1 Answer

Verification Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2012.

Interview

there are 7 people doing 1:1 interview during the day. first HR, and then technique questions. Before onsite interview, they did a phone interview to me to check my academic background. and asked me to write some system verilog assertions, then asked some common questions about set up time and hold time

Verification Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2008.

Interview

- Series of 1:1 interview
    - Three days interview process
    - Fly to different site
    - Very complicated

Interview Questions

I had a better opportunity