Marvell Technology

Average Difficulty
6 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Verification Engineer

I applied online and interviewed at Marvell Technology.

Interview Details – applied online. HR passed my resume to a group, probably a senior engineer set a phone interview. The feedback is okay, but I haven't heard anything further from it yet.

Interview Question – It was a group dealing with timing, so basically some tools related to timing analysis.   Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in May 2012.

Interview Details – first a phone interview, then a screening interview with a hiring manager. If you pass this screening process, you'll get to meet with 5 or 6 engineers not necessarily from the same team. The technical interview takes about 3~4 hours.

Interview Question – 1. what's the difference between matlab function and matlab script?
2. how does a system know when there is an error in the codeword?
  Answer Question

Santa Clara, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2011.

Interview Details – Quiz and 1:1 with potential team members

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in July 2010.

Interview Details – A phone interview first. Asked to describe work history and offered job description.
A long employment application filled out online, printed out and bring to on-site interview.

The perception I gathered from the interview is that Marvell did not emphasize on verification and in the process of rectifying that. One engineer warned me that I should expect resistance of forcing verification methodology on the teams if I were to be offered and accept the job.

Interview Questions

• a piece of systemVerilog code regarding fork/join_none and explain its behavior
    (the following code is not exact)

module ...
    join_none
    endmodule

output:

simulation ends at time 0

Q: why it ends at time 0, where does #1 go?
      View Answer
  • C questions:
    - array vs pointer
    - passed by value/reference
      View Answer

Verification Engineering Interview

Verification Engineering

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Marvell Technology in January 2012.

Interview Details – there are 7 people doing 1:1 interview during the day. first HR, and then technique questions. Before onsite interview, they did a phone interview to me to check my academic background. and asked me to write some system verilog assertions, then asked some common questions about set up time and hold time

Very Difficult Interview

Verification Engineer

I applied online and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Marvell Technology in August 2008.

Interview Details – - Series of 1:1 interview
- Three days interview process
- Fly to different site
- Very complicated

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I had a better opportunity

Worked for Marvell Technology? Contribute to the Community!