Mary Cariola Children's Center

Relevance Date Difficulty

Teacher Aide II Interview

Teacher Aide II
Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Mary Cariola Children's Center.

Interview Details – I received a call from HR to set up an interview. The representative was very informative. My interview was scheduled for later that week. I showed up, was given a tour of the facility first (which was a very nice ice breaker), and then I had the main interview. There were a lot of questions, and most of them were hypothetical scenarios -- if this happened, how would you handle it? Those types. And they wanted thorough answers. That being said, if you're right for the job, you should be able to answer them reasonably. Anything you don't know, they'll teach you -- they just want to know that they're hiring someone safe and reasonable to work with the students. I then had to fill out a paper interview -- questions about my character and things like that. Took a little over an hour for the whole process. I waited only a few days for the job offer to come in.

Interview Question – There were many hypothetical scenarios that I had to give responses to. They were very specific to things that go on in the school setting. They aren't necessarily looking for you to tell them exactly what they'll teach you to do, they're more just looking to see that you think logically about the situation and they're watching for red flags that you won't handle a student with behavioral issues calmly or that you'll leave a student in danger during a high-stress situation. Their number one concern is the safety of the students (as it should be).   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate. They had very reasonable starting rates and incremental raises already in place after certain periods of time at the job.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mary Cariola Children's Center? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mary Cariola Children's Center interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Mary Cariola Children's Center employees and interview candidates.