Mary Kay

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Independent Beauty Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview Details – You are recruited without any qualifications or screenings. Mary Kay builds their business by recruiting more sales consultants. If you attend a party or facial with a consultant expect to be tempted into becoming a consultant yourself. The interview is more about getting to know you and showing you how Mary Kay can positively impact your life.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just purchase your starter kit and you are ready to go.

Independent Beauty Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview Details – you just meet somewhere with a recruiter and talk about Mary Kay, they will ask you a number of questions, tell you what the company is about, ask you about yourself and see ask you if you would like to join if they think you are right for Mary Kay

Interview Question – do you plan on making mary kay your only job   Answer Question

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was very easy, basically she asked me if I was interested in working with the company, I said yes, and bought my starter kit, then began work!

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Independent Beauty Consultant

I applied through other source and interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview Details – Everyone can join and there is no interview or hiring process. You can sign up with any other consultants help.

Independent Beauty Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Mary Kay in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was offered a free lipstick to hear the details of the Mary Kay Opportunity. The first time I heard it I didn't think it was for me! I had another chance to listen, and this time I wanted to hear more. The Sales Director shared more details, especially about the product buyback option if I gave it a try and decided it wasn't for me. I realized I had everything to gain and nothing to lose, so I signed my agreement!

Interview Question – "What do you think will be different about your life in three years if you don't do this?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

West Melbourne, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay in March 2009.

Interview Details – I had a one on one interview with a sales director/recruiter. First she gave me a facial and then offered me the opportunity to become an independent beauty consultant. She was bubbly and very nice.

Interview Question – None really they were all simple questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I say that they should go for the opportunity to be an independent beauty consultant because you're your own boss and it helps to have that income during these poor economic times.

Rapid City, SD

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay in September 2008.

Interview Details – Very easy. Sat down with a lady and talked about the business opportunity. It's a home based business so i got really excited about all of it!!

Interview Questions

Lawrence, KS

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mary Kay in March 2007.

Interview Details – It was very pleasant. The people were nice. I had used the products for years and knew they were great. I was thinking at first that the marketing plan sounded too good to be true, but after starting and working my own business, know that everything they say is true, and possible if you work for it. The sky is truly the limit!

Interview Question – What level of inventory do you wish to start with?   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Mary Kay in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was almost sucked into this cult. Thankfully, I did some research first and discovered that it is a pyramid scheme that uses cult-like manipulation tactics.

I was harassed, for months, by a Mary Kay consultant to attend a "pampering session." She eventually managed to manipulate me (guilted) me into attending. I was very skeptical, at first, but as they lavished us all with compliments and cheesecake and told us their stories, even those most skeptical in the room was ready to sign up for an "executive level income" working only part-time.

Interview Question – Tell us something unique about you.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It's not exactly a "job offer" it is an opportunity to buy in to a multi-level marketing pyramid scheme. Do your research and you will see for yourself. (even Harpers magazine calls it the Pink Pyramid...Forbes also wrote about the scam)

Independent Beauty Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview Details – In person, or by phone

Negotiation Details – It was fun, easy, and inspiring

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mary Kay

Worked for Mary Kay? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mary Kay employees and interview candidates.