Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2015

1.4

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

You are recruited without any qualifications or screenings. Mary Kay builds their business by recruiting more sales consultants. If you attend a party or facial with a consultant expect to be tempted into becoming a consultant yourself. The interview is more about getting to know you and showing you how Mary Kay can positively impact your life.

Negotiation

No negotiation, just purchase your starter kit and you are ready to go.

Other Interview Reviews for Mary Kay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mary Kay (Spokane, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Basically asked who I was and my family and what my goals were. Three things I wanted to get out it. What things were important to me.

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

you just meet somewhere with a recruiter and talk about Mary Kay, they will ask you a number of questions, tell you what the company is about, ask you about yourself and see ask you if you would like to join if they think you are right for Mary Kay

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Everyone can join and there is no interview or hiring process. You can sign up with any other consultants help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mary Kay (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

It was very easy, basically she asked me if I was interested in working with the company, I said yes, and bought my starter kit, then began work!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay (Cleveland, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

It wasn't so much an interview as it was an introduction to the company. The day I signed up my district manager scheduled me to try Mary Kay out and then she showed me how to do a facial the Mary Kay way. As we were talking about the products that we enjoyed and we compared them with the name brand products that were similar product wise. after my facial we did a mini make over using all Mary Kay products and I loved them and loved how the products made my skin feel. After we did a mini manicure I wanted to buy some of the products and that was when my district manager told me that I was the type of person who is cut out for selling cosmetics like Mary Kay and after all that I signed up to be an independent beauty consultant. So since signing up I was not able to put effort into selling products I soon lost interest in Mary Kay. I have been with the company for a while and still don't understand why other people were so good at selling beauty products and why could not sell even a hand soap.

Interview Questions

• How does Mary Kay products differ from product you buy from retail?   Answer Question
    • Did I like the way my skin felt after using Mary Kay once?   Answer Question

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay in November 2010.

Interview

I was offered a free lipstick to hear the details of the Mary Kay Opportunity. The first time I heard it I didn't think it was for me! I had another chance to listen, and this time I wanted to hear more. The Sales Director shared more details, especially about the product buyback option if I gave it a try and decided it wasn't for me. I realized I had everything to gain and nothing to lose, so I signed my agreement!

Interview Questions

• "What do you think will be different about your life in three years if you don't do this?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mary Kay (West Melbourne, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

I had a one on one interview with a sales director/recruiter. First she gave me a facial and then offered me the opportunity to become an independent beauty consultant. She was bubbly and very nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I say that they should go for the opportunity to be an independent beauty consultant because you're your own boss and it helps to have that income during these poor economic times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mary Kay (Rapid City, SD) in September 2008.

Interview

Very easy. Sat down with a lady and talked about the business opportunity. It's a home based business so i got really excited about all of it!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay (Lawrence, KS) in March 2007.

Interview

It was very pleasant. The people were nice. I had used the products for years and knew they were great. I was thinking at first that the marketing plan sounded too good to be true, but after starting and working my own business, know that everything they say is true, and possible if you work for it. The sky is truly the limit!