Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant Interview Questions

1.4

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

You are recruited without any qualifications or screenings. Mary Kay builds their business by recruiting more sales consultants. If you attend a party or facial with a consultant expect to be tempted into becoming a consultant yourself. The interview is more about getting to know you and showing you how Mary Kay can positively impact your life.

Negotiation

No negotiation, just purchase your starter kit and you are ready to go.

Other Interview Reviews for Mary Kay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay (Spokane, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Basically asked who I was and my family and what my goals were. Three things I wanted to get out it. What things were important to me.

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

you just meet somewhere with a recruiter and talk about Mary Kay, they will ask you a number of questions, tell you what the company is about, ask you about yourself and see ask you if you would like to join if they think you are right for Mary Kay

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Everyone can join and there is no interview or hiring process. You can sign up with any other consultants help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

It was very easy, basically she asked me if I was interested in working with the company, I said yes, and bought my starter kit, then began work!

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay in November 2010.

Interview

I was offered a free lipstick to hear the details of the Mary Kay Opportunity. The first time I heard it I didn't think it was for me! I had another chance to listen, and this time I wanted to hear more. The Sales Director shared more details, especially about the product buyback option if I gave it a try and decided it wasn't for me. I realized I had everything to gain and nothing to lose, so I signed my agreement!

Interview Questions

• "What do you think will be different about your life in three years if you don't do this?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Melbourne, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay (West Melbourne, FL) in March 2009.

Interview

I had a one on one interview with a sales director/recruiter. First she gave me a facial and then offered me the opportunity to become an independent beauty consultant. She was bubbly and very nice.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I say that they should go for the opportunity to be an independent beauty consultant because you're your own boss and it helps to have that income during these poor economic times.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rapid City, SD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay (Rapid City, SD) in September 2008.

Interview

Very easy. Sat down with a lady and talked about the business opportunity. It's a home based business so i got really excited about all of it!!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay (Lawrence, KS) in March 2007.

Interview

It was very pleasant. The people were nice. I had used the products for years and knew they were great. I was thinking at first that the marketing plan sounded too good to be true, but after starting and working my own business, know that everything they say is true, and possible if you work for it. The sky is truly the limit!

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Mary Kay (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in March 2014.

Interview

I was almost sucked into this cult. Thankfully, I did some research first and discovered that it is a pyramid scheme that uses cult-like manipulation tactics.

I was harassed, for months, by a Mary Kay consultant to attend a "pampering session." She eventually managed to manipulate me (guilted) me into attending. I was very skeptical, at first, but as they lavished us all with compliments and cheesecake and told us their stories, even those most skeptical in the room was ready to sign up for an "executive level income" working only part-time.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something unique about you.   1 Answer

It's not exactly a "job offer" it is an opportunity to buy in to a multi-level marketing pyramid scheme. Do your research and you will see for yourself. (even Harpers magazine calls it the Pink Pyramid...Forbes also wrote about the scam)