Mary Kay Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

1.8

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Friendly environment and easy going interviewers which made the interviews calming. Great company with good perks. Good company for work life balance. HR was nice and showed around the company.

Other opportunity

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I had applied online through their job portal and received a call for an interview on site with the hiring manager. The interview was really pleasant with the manager explaining the intern position and asking me about my experience so far. The manager was really helpful with any questions I had and made sure I was comfortable. Overall, it was a very nice experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

One on one with another independent sales peeson. Tells you the company and how to maximize your earning. You control your time money and amiuntnof. Customers . Give it a try greAt company miney And empowering

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

I secured my interview through an outside recruiting agency and was told where to go, which HR rep to ask for upon arrival, and how long the process should take (they wanted it on a day when I already had a doctor appointment scheduled so I needed to be done by a certain time). When I arrived, I went to the "Human Resources Lobby" which was completely abandoned. I went to the main front desk and asked Security to let the HR rep know I was there. She never arrived. About 10 minutes after my interview was scheduled to begin, the actual managers came in to interview me. The interview itself lasted for the time I was told to expect, but then I was required to take multiple skills tests that I was not told about. The HR rep finally made an appearance to set these up for me, then quickly left me alone again without any means of contacting her should I have any problems. Which I did. The computer froze when I was about halfway into the first test (over an hour after I was scheduled to leave forcing me to cancel my doctor appointment at the last minute). I ended up having to finish the skills tests at home over the weekend and miss more work to make up the doctor appointment I had missed. The whole thing was ridiculous and thinking back on it, I'm questioning why I took the job.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions but I was required to take time-consuming, intensive skills tests that I was not expecting, causing me to miss additional work/personal commitments. These should have been mentioned when I asked about the length of time needed for the interview so that I could plan accordingly.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

The interview was great. Some tough questions, but I was able to answer them all. I was connected to this job through a hiring agency. I met with the Corporate International Marketing Director, which was who I would have worked for. They offered me the position, then I found out I have a family member who works for Mary Kay- So I was unable to take the position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be able to take on a global position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Gen/Recruiter Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

They ran around scattered. There was a man in the department who sadly seemed to be the only person who knew what was going on, and the women were bombarding him with questions about what to do with me. I was embarrassed for him.

Interview Questions

• The person I met with professed she didn't have a lot of interviewing experience and wasn't sure why her director wanted her to speak with me.   Answer Question

Lacked professionalism. I saw no growth. Stated 3 HR ppl had already left this year. Not a good sign.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

You are recruited without any qualifications or screenings. Mary Kay builds their business by recruiting more sales consultants. If you attend a party or facial with a consultant expect to be tempted into becoming a consultant yourself. The interview is more about getting to know you and showing you how Mary Kay can positively impact your life.

Negotiation

No negotiation, just purchase your starter kit and you are ready to go.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen, then a group interview then met the decision maker. They LOVED ME according to recruiter. They had never met someone like me and wanted me. Little did I know what awaited me - boredom and looking for work to stay busy. Started looking elsewhere after the first 3 weeks.

Negotiation

No nego - my rate was met.

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Spokane, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Basically asked who I was and my family and what my goals were. Three things I wanted to get out it. What things were important to me.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

you just meet somewhere with a recruiter and talk about Mary Kay, they will ask you a number of questions, tell you what the company is about, ask you about yourself and see ask you if you would like to join if they think you are right for Mary Kay