Mary Kay Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

1.9

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay (Lawrence, KS) in March 2007.

Interview

It was very pleasant. The people were nice. I had used the products for years and knew they were great. I was thinking at first that the marketing plan sounded too good to be true, but after starting and working my own business, know that everything they say is true, and possible if you work for it. The sky is truly the limit!

Sales Director With Mary Kay Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay in June 2010.

Interview

Informal during a company sponsored event.

Interview Questions

• What did you most like about tonight?   1 Answer
    • What did we do wrong tonight?   1 Answer

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2008.

Interview

Very pushy

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem charging customers 100% of cost?   Answer Question

Very pushy

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mary Kay in December 2009.

Interview

Obtaining the interview was easier than normal since I was already working there as a contractor. But, since they hardly automatically convert contractors to full-time employees. I had to apply. They set up the bar so high and always find one bullet point in the job description to hold on to that. This Business Analyst position that I applied required some financial background, but they made it seem like you have to have a Financial degree with masters in technology.
    This was not the only position I applied for, but the process is the same. The interview process is more intended for you to get disappointed, making you feel you don't qualify (even though you have 90% of the requirements). And to tell you the truth there is people inside that you ask yourself how in the world they got hired. The Culture and benefits were great back in 2006, but they have been decaying over the years considerably. Hopefully it gets back like it was before.

Interview Questions

• Why would make you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay (Tacloban, Tacloban (Philippines)) in May 2012.

Interview

interview and terming

Interview Questions

• what did you choose this kind of job   1 Answer

because i feel like i didn't deserve it.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mary Kay in April 2014.

Interview

They gave me a phone call interview. But it took almost 1 month waiting for the result although I emailed to check for several times. The interview process was quite good. However they didn't accept me.

Interview Questions

• How do you utilize your leadership skill and give us an example?   Answer Question

Contractor (Corporate Design Division) Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

I secured my interview through an outside recruiting agency and was told where to go, which HR rep to ask for upon arrival, and how long the process should take (they wanted it on a day when I already had a doctor appointment scheduled so I needed to be done by a certain time). When I arrived, I went to the "Human Resources Lobby" which was completely abandoned. I went to the main front desk and asked Security to let the HR rep know I was there. She never arrived. About 10 minutes after my interview was scheduled to begin, the actual managers came in to interview me. The interview itself lasted for the time I was told to expect, but then I was required to take multiple skills tests that I was not told about. The HR rep finally made an appearance to set these up for me, then quickly left me alone again without any means of contacting her should I have any problems. Which I did. The computer froze when I was about halfway into the first test (over an hour after I was scheduled to leave forcing me to cancel my doctor appointment at the last minute). I ended up having to finish the skills tests at home over the weekend and miss more work to make up the doctor appointment I had missed. The whole thing was ridiculous and thinking back on it, I'm questioning why I took the job.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions but I was required to take time-consuming, intensive skills tests that I was not expecting, causing me to miss additional work/personal commitments. These should have been mentioned when I asked about the length of time needed for the interview so that I could plan accordingly.   Answer Question

Project Manager US Interactive Consumer Marketing Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Telephone Screen then onsite face to face. Met with hiring manager at MK and discussed role and working environment. Be sure to understand the MK history and senior leadership. MK Corporate is a Business Dress environment - work spaces look adequate and location is close to many stores/restaurants. Easy commute via DNT.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer asked questions about most difficult project and what I did to overcome difficulty. Most of the questions were the usual PM questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I went for two interviews. The first was a group interview and the second one was upper management. I did better on answering the questions I was prepared for- so I recommend practicing an answer for every question you can think of. I also recommend that you bring extra copies of your resume for people that were pulled into the interview last minute that did not have a chance to look at your resume. Plus- try to know something about the company before you go for the interview- it matters.

Interview Questions

• What do makes you excited about this position?
      Do know anything about this company? Okay- then what do you know?

1 Answer

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I reported to HR. The lady at the desk made sure they had all my paperwork in order. After that, I waited about 10 minutes for them to let the interviewers know I was here and schedule a room. I was then escorted to a conference room on one of the upper floors.

I meet with the position's supervisor, his boss, and one of the team members. The interview was straight forward and routine. Questions covered my previous work, technical skills, and workflow.

One of the interviewers threw in some trendy questions, jokingly. "If you were a pie, what kind of pie would you be? How many squirrels are there in the lot next to the building?"

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal work environment.   1 Answer