Mary Kay

1.8

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay in March 2007.

It was very pleasant. The people were nice. I had used the products for years and knew they were great. I was thinking at first that the marketing plan sounded too good to be true, but after starting and working my own business, know that everything they say is true, and possible if you work for it. The sky is truly the limit!

Sales Director With Mary Kay Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay in June 2010.

Informal during a company sponsored event.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay in April 2008.

Very pushy

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem charging customers 100% of cost?   Answer Question

Very pushy

Business Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mary Kay in December 2009.

Obtaining the interview was easier than normal since I was already working there as a contractor. But, since they hardly automatically convert contractors to full-time employees. I had to apply. They set up the bar so high and always find one bullet point in the job description to hold on to that. This Business Analyst position that I applied required some financial background, but they made it seem like you have to have a Financial degree with masters in technology.
    This was not the only position I applied for, but the process is the same. The interview process is more intended for you to get disappointed, making you feel you don't qualify (even though you have 90% of the requirements). And to tell you the truth there is people inside that you ask yourself how in the world they got hired. The Culture and benefits were great back in 2006, but they have been decaying over the years considerably. Hopefully it gets back like it was before.

Interview Questions
    • Why would make you a good fit for this position?   View Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacloban, Tacloban (Philippines)
    Anonymous Employee in Tacloban, Tacloban (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay in May 2012.

interview and terming

Interview Questions

because i feel like i didn't deserve it.

Internship Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mary Kay in April 2014.

They gave me a phone call interview. But it took almost 1 month waiting for the result although I emailed to check for several times. The interview process was quite good. However they didn't accept me.

Interview Questions
    • How do you utilize your leadership skill and give us an example?   Answer Question

Contractor (Corporate Design Division) Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay.

I secured my interview through an outside recruiting agency and was told where to go, which HR rep to ask for upon arrival, and how long the process should take (they wanted it on a day when I already had a doctor appointment scheduled so I needed to be done by a certain time). When I arrived, I went to the "Human Resources Lobby" which was completely abandoned. I went to the main front desk and asked Security to let the HR rep know I was there. She never arrived. About 10 minutes after my interview was scheduled to begin, the actual managers came in to interview me. The interview itself lasted for the time I was told to expect, but then I was required to take multiple skills tests that I was not told about. The HR rep finally made an appearance to set these up for me, then quickly left me alone again without any means of contacting her should I have any problems. Which I did. The computer froze when I was about halfway into the first test (over an hour after I was scheduled to leave forcing me to cancel my doctor appointment at the last minute). I ended up having to finish the skills tests at home over the weekend and miss more work to make up the doctor appointment I had missed. The whole thing was ridiculous and thinking back on it, I'm questioning why I took the job.

Interview Questions
    • There weren't any difficult or unexpected questions but I was required to take time-consuming, intensive skills tests that I was not expecting, causing me to miss additional work/personal commitments. These should have been mentioned when I asked about the length of time needed for the interview so that I could plan accordingly.   Answer Question

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay.

Telephone Screen then onsite face to face. Met with hiring manager at MK and discussed role and working environment. Be sure to understand the MK history and senior leadership. MK Corporate is a Business Dress environment - work spaces look adequate and location is close to many stores/restaurants. Easy commute via DNT.

Interview Questions
    • Interviewer asked questions about most difficult project and what I did to overcome difficulty. Most of the questions were the usual PM questions.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mary Kay in October 2013.

I went for two interviews. The first was a group interview and the second one was upper management. I did better on answering the questions I was prepared for- so I recommend practicing an answer for every question you can think of. I also recommend that you bring extra copies of your resume for people that were pulled into the interview last minute that did not have a chance to look at your resume. Plus- try to know something about the company before you go for the interview- it matters.

Interview Questions
    • What do makes you excited about this position?
      Do know anything about this company? Okay- then what do you know?

View Answer

Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay in May 2009.

I went to a consultant meeting/direct sales and after hearing about the opportunity I chose to sign up with my friend, that is now my director...Over a few weeks I was given ample training on products and their use and purpose...I was taught about skin care classes and even able to go to some and watch my director in action...

Interview Questions
    I was taught a lot about the products and how to give skin care classes...I have received a lot of support from my up line directors...