Mary Kay Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

1.9

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay (Lawrence, KS) in March 2007.

Interview

It was very pleasant. The people were nice. I had used the products for years and knew they were great. I was thinking at first that the marketing plan sounded too good to be true, but after starting and working my own business, know that everything they say is true, and possible if you work for it. The sky is truly the limit!

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mary Kay in June 2010.

Interview

Informal during a company sponsored event.

Interview Questions

• What did you most like about tonight?   1 Answer
    • What did we do wrong tonight?   1 Answer

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tacloban, Tacloban (Philippines)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay (Tacloban, Tacloban (Philippines)) in May 2012.

Interview

interview and terming

Interview Questions

• what did you choose this kind of job   1 Answer

because i feel like i didn't deserve it.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Mary Kay (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2008.

Interview

Very pushy

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem charging customers 100% of cost?   Answer Question

Very pushy

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mary Kay in December 2009.

Interview

Obtaining the interview was easier than normal since I was already working there as a contractor. But, since they hardly automatically convert contractors to full-time employees. I had to apply. They set up the bar so high and always find one bullet point in the job description to hold on to that. This Business Analyst position that I applied required some financial background, but they made it seem like you have to have a Financial degree with masters in technology. This was not the only position I applied for, but the process is the same. The interview process is more intended for you to get disappointed, making you feel you don't qualify (even though you have 90% of the requirements). And to tell you the truth there is people inside that you ask yourself how in the world they got hired. The Culture and benefits were great back in 2006, but they have been decaying over the years considerably. Hopefully it gets back like it was before.

Interview Questions

• Why would make you a good fit for this position?   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mary Kay in April 2014.

Interview

They gave me a phone call interview. But it took almost 1 month waiting for the result although I emailed to check for several times. The interview process was quite good. However they didn't accept me.

Interview Questions

• How do you utilize your leadership skill and give us an example?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview. The lady was extremely nice and made me believe that she wanted me to succeed. I don't typically like phone interviews because you can't relate to the interviewer, but the lady that interviewed me was really personable.

Interview Questions

• What experience have you had with communication audits and how would you go about them within our company.   1 Answer

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Friendly environment and easy going interviewers which made the interviews calming. Great company with good perks. Good company for work life balance. HR was nice and showed around the company.

Other opportunity

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

I reported to HR. The lady at the desk made sure they had all my paperwork in order. After that, I waited about 10 minutes for them to let the interviewers know I was here and schedule a room. I was then escorted to a conference room on one of the upper floors. I meet with the position's supervisor, his boss, and one of the team members. The interview was straight forward and routine. Questions covered my previous work, technical skills, and workflow. One of the interviewers threw in some trendy questions, jokingly. "If you were a pie, what kind of pie would you be? How many squirrels are there in the lot next to the building?"

Interview Questions

• Describe your ideal work environment.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I went for two interviews. The first was a group interview and the second one was upper management. I did better on answering the questions I was prepared for- so I recommend practicing an answer for every question you can think of. I also recommend that you bring extra copies of your resume for people that were pulled into the interview last minute that did not have a chance to look at your resume. Plus- try to know something about the company before you go for the interview- it matters.

Interview Questions

• What do makes you excited about this position? Do know anything about this company? Okay- then what do you know?   1 Answer