Mary Kay Interview Questions

Updated Oct 8, 2014
Updated Oct 8, 2014

1.7

Beauty Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay.

There is no interview. If you think you're the one on the spot, laugh out loud, because more than likely the person trying to recruit you is trying to do just that - recruit, not hire. Think of it like if you had to have an interview before you could get a gym membership. Look pretty, do your makeup, and by the end of your "interview" you'll be signing a new consultant agreement.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that there weren't any questions except, what are you dreams? whats important to you?   View Answer
    You negotiate with yourself for your own salary every time you try to make a sale.

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mary Kay.

At the beginning I did not answer the call from the hire manager.
    However, she called again and ask some questions about personal information. She ask about relocation, and which type of visa, full time or part time. How many hours I prefer...But after that, no more calls from that company.

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay.

In person, or by phone

It was fun, easy, and inspiring

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Mary Kay.

Everyone can join and there is no interview or hiring process. You can sign up with any other consultants help.

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Mary Kay.

you just meet somewhere with a recruiter and talk about Mary Kay, they will ask you a number of questions, tell you what the company is about, ask you about yourself and see ask you if you would like to join if they think you are right for Mary Kay

Intern Logistics Interview

On-site interview

Human Resources Gen/Recruiter Interview

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay.

They ran around scattered. There was a man in the department who sadly seemed to be the only person who knew what was going on, and the women were bombarding him with questions about what to do with me. I was embarrassed for him.

Interview Questions
    • The person I met with professed she didn't have a lot of interviewing experience and wasn't sure why her director wanted her to speak with me.   Answer Question

Lacked professionalism. I saw no growth. Stated 3 HR ppl had already left this year. Not a good sign.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Mary Kay.

The interview was great. Some tough questions, but I was able to answer them all. I was connected to this job through a hiring agency. I met with the Corporate International Marketing Director, which was who I would have worked for. They offered me the position, then I found out I have a family member who works for Mary Kay- So I was unable to take the position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you would be able to take on a global position?   Answer Question

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay in April 2010.

There are no interviews, you just show up at a meeting, ask them questions about what the position is like, and pay the fee for the "Starter" kit. From there the discussion goes to how much product you are planning on ordering and stocking, and they set up training appointments with you.

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Mary Kay in March 2014.

I was almost sucked into this cult. Thankfully, I did some research first and discovered that it is a pyramid scheme that uses cult-like manipulation tactics.

I was harassed, for months, by a Mary Kay consultant to attend a "pampering session." She eventually managed to manipulate me (guilted) me into attending. I was very skeptical, at first, but as they lavished us all with compliments and cheesecake and told us their stories, even those most skeptical in the room was ready to sign up for an "executive level income" working only part-time.

Interview Questions

It's not exactly a "job offer" it is an opportunity to buy in to a multi-level marketing pyramid scheme. Do your research and you will see for yourself. (even Harpers magazine calls it the Pink Pyramid...Forbes also wrote about the scam)