Mary Kay

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews

Beauty Consultant Interview

Beauty Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview Details – There is no interview. If you think you're the one on the spot, laugh out loud, because more than likely the person trying to recruit you is trying to do just that - recruit, not hire. Think of it like if you had to have an interview before you could get a gym membership. Look pretty, do your makeup, and by the end of your "interview" you'll be signing a new consultant agreement.

Interview Question – The fact that there weren't any questions except, what are you dreams? whats important to you?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – You negotiate with yourself for your own salary every time you try to make a sale.

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview Details – At the beginning I did not answer the call from the hire manager.
However, she called again and ask some questions about personal information. She ask about relocation, and which type of visa, full time or part time. How many hours I prefer...But after that, no more calls from that company.

Interview Question – only basic questions for personal information   Answer Question

Independent Beauty Consultant

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview Details – In person, or by phone

Negotiation Details – It was fun, easy, and inspiring

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Independent Beauty Consultant

I applied through other source and interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview Details – Everyone can join and there is no interview or hiring process. You can sign up with any other consultants help.

Independent Beauty Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview Details – you just meet somewhere with a recruiter and talk about Mary Kay, they will ask you a number of questions, tell you what the company is about, ask you about yourself and see ask you if you would like to join if they think you are right for Mary Kay

Interview Question – do you plan on making mary kay your only job   Answer Question

Intern Logistics Interview

Intern Logistics

Interviewed at Mary Kay

Interview Details – On-site interview

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Mary Kay in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was almost sucked into this cult. Thankfully, I did some research first and discovered that it is a pyramid scheme that uses cult-like manipulation tactics.

I was harassed, for months, by a Mary Kay consultant to attend a "pampering session." She eventually managed to manipulate me (guilted) me into attending. I was very skeptical, at first, but as they lavished us all with compliments and cheesecake and told us their stories, even those most skeptical in the room was ready to sign up for an "executive level income" working only part-time.

Interview Question – Tell us something unique about you.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It's not exactly a "job offer" it is an opportunity to buy in to a multi-level marketing pyramid scheme. Do your research and you will see for yourself. (even Harpers magazine calls it the Pink Pyramid...Forbes also wrote about the scam)

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Addison, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mary Kay in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screen, then a group interview then met the decision maker. They LOVED ME according to recruiter. They had never met someone like me and wanted me. Little did I know what awaited me - boredom and looking for work to stay busy. Started looking elsewhere after the first 3 weeks.

Negotiation Details – No nego - my rate was met.

Independent Beauty Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview Details – You are recruited without any qualifications or screenings. Mary Kay builds their business by recruiting more sales consultants. If you attend a party or facial with a consultant expect to be tempted into becoming a consultant yourself. The interview is more about getting to know you and showing you how Mary Kay can positively impact your life.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just purchase your starter kit and you are ready to go.

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was very easy, basically she asked me if I was interested in working with the company, I said yes, and bought my starter kit, then began work!

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mary Kay

Worked for Mary Kay? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mary Kay interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mary Kay employees and interview candidates.