Mary Kay

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
28 candidate interviews

Independent Beauty Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview Details – You are recruited without any qualifications or screenings. Mary Kay builds their business by recruiting more sales consultants. If you attend a party or facial with a consultant expect to be tempted into becoming a consultant yourself. The interview is more about getting to know you and showing you how Mary Kay can positively impact your life.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just purchase your starter kit and you are ready to go.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Addison, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mary Kay in March 2014.

Interview Details – Phone screen, then a group interview then met the decision maker. They LOVED ME according to recruiter. They had never met someone like me and wanted me. Little did I know what awaited me - boredom and looking for work to stay busy. Started looking elsewhere after the first 3 weeks.

Negotiation Details – No nego - my rate was met.

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Mary Kay in March 2014.

Interview Details – I was almost sucked into this cult. Thankfully, I did some research first and discovered that it is a pyramid scheme that uses cult-like manipulation tactics.

I was harassed, for months, by a Mary Kay consultant to attend a "pampering session." She eventually managed to manipulate me (guilted) me into attending. I was very skeptical, at first, but as they lavished us all with compliments and cheesecake and told us their stories, even those most skeptical in the room was ready to sign up for an "executive level income" working only part-time.

Interview Question – Tell us something unique about you.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – It's not exactly a "job offer" it is an opportunity to buy in to a multi-level marketing pyramid scheme. Do your research and you will see for yourself. (even Harpers magazine calls it the Pink Pyramid...Forbes also wrote about the scam)

Intern Logistics Interview

Intern Logistics

Interviewed at Mary Kay

Interview Details – On-site interview

Interview Question – Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Independent Beauty Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview Details – you just meet somewhere with a recruiter and talk about Mary Kay, they will ask you a number of questions, tell you what the company is about, ask you about yourself and see ask you if you would like to join if they think you are right for Mary Kay

Interview Question – do you plan on making mary kay your only job   Answer Question

I Just Want to Use Glassdoor to Find Reliable Income Interview

I Just Want to Use Glassdoor to Find Reliable Income

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview with a girl who is already with the company and can assist you with heart. Do not sign up with just anyone. Make sure she does not rub you the wrong way

Interview Question – Make sure you invest in the least inventory option possible and make sure you earn enough to invest in the business and still get paid   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – nothing

Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay in June 2013.

Interview Details – It was very easy, basically she asked me if I was interested in working with the company, I said yes, and bought my starter kit, then began work!

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions.   Answer Question

Independent Beauty Consultant

I applied through other source and interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview Details – Everyone can join and there is no interview or hiring process. You can sign up with any other consultants help.

Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant
Saddle Brook, NJ

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay in April 2012.

Interview Details – It's not exactly a hiring process because you are running your ownn bussiness

Interview Question – how much money do you want to make?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none really

Independent Beauty Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Mary Kay in November 2010.

Interview Details – I was offered a free lipstick to hear the details of the Mary Kay Opportunity. The first time I heard it I didn't think it was for me! I had another chance to listen, and this time I wanted to hear more. The Sales Director shared more details, especially about the product buyback option if I gave it a try and decided it wasn't for me. I realized I had everything to gain and nothing to lose, so I signed my agreement!

Interview Question – "What do you think will be different about your life in three years if you don't do this?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – n/a

Interviews for Top Jobs at Mary Kay

Worked for Mary Kay? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mary Kay interview questions and advice. All 28 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mary Kay employees and interview candidates.