Mary Kay Interview Questions

Updated Mar 20, 2015
Updated Mar 20, 2015

1.9

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Mary Kay.

you just meet somewhere with a recruiter and talk about Mary Kay, they will ask you a number of questions, tell you what the company is about, ask you about yourself and see ask you if you would like to join if they think you are right for Mary Kay

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mary Kay in October 2013.

I went for two interviews. The first was a group interview and the second one was upper management. I did better on answering the questions I was prepared for- so I recommend practicing an answer for every question you can think of. I also recommend that you bring extra copies of your resume for people that were pulled into the interview last minute that did not have a chance to look at your resume. Plus- try to know something about the company before you go for the interview- it matters.

Interview Questions
    • What do makes you excited about this position?
      Do know anything about this company? Okay- then what do you know?

View Answer

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Mary Kay.

Everyone can join and there is no interview or hiring process. You can sign up with any other consultants help.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay in June 2013.

It was very easy, basically she asked me if I was interested in working with the company, I said yes, and bought my starter kit, then began work!

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mary Kay in September 2012.

Confusing and not straight forward what the responsibilities are until later on

Interview Questions
    • They ask you to purchase a kit for $100   View Answer

Didn't like the methodology of their business

Mary Kay Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saddle Brook, NJ

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay in April 2012.

It's not exactly a hiring process because you are running your ownn bussiness

none really

Front End Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mary Kay in March 2012.

I reported to HR. The lady at the desk made sure they had all my paperwork in order. After that, I waited about 10 minutes for them to let the interviewers know I was here and schedule a room. I was then escorted to a conference room on one of the upper floors.

I meet with the position's supervisor, his boss, and one of the team members. The interview was straight forward and routine. Questions covered my previous work, technical skills, and workflow.

One of the interviewers threw in some trendy questions, jokingly. "If you were a pie, what kind of pie would you be? How many squirrels are there in the lot next to the building?"

I Just Want to Use Glassdoor to Find Reliable Income Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay in November 2011.

Interview with a girl who is already with the company and can assist you with heart. Do not sign up with just anyone. Make sure she does not rub you the wrong way

Interview Questions
    • Make sure you invest in the least inventory option possible and make sure you earn enough to invest in the business and still get paid   Answer Question
    nothing

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay in November 2010.

I was offered a free lipstick to hear the details of the Mary Kay Opportunity. The first time I heard it I didn't think it was for me! I had another chance to listen, and this time I wanted to hear more. The Sales Director shared more details, especially about the product buyback option if I gave it a try and decided it wasn't for me. I realized I had everything to gain and nothing to lose, so I signed my agreement!

Interview Questions
    • "What do you think will be different about your life in three years if you don't do this?"   View Answer
    n/a

Independent Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay in April 2010.

There are no interviews, you just show up at a meeting, ask them questions about what the position is like, and pay the fee for the "Starter" kit. From there the discussion goes to how much product you are planning on ordering and stocking, and they set up training appointments with you.