Mary Kay Interview Questions

Updated Jul 27, 2015

1.9

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

You are recruited without any qualifications or screenings. Mary Kay builds their business by recruiting more sales consultants. If you attend a party or facial with a consultant expect to be tempted into becoming a consultant yourself. The interview is more about getting to know you and showing you how Mary Kay can positively impact your life.

Negotiation

No negotiation, just purchase your starter kit and you are ready to go.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mary Kay in April 2014.

Interview

They gave me a phone call interview. But it took almost 1 month waiting for the result although I emailed to check for several times. The interview process was quite good. However they didn't accept me.

Interview Questions

• How do you utilize your leadership skill and give us an example?   Answer Question

Intern Logistics Interview

Interview

On-site interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Spokane, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

Basically asked who I was and my family and what my goals were. Three things I wanted to get out it. What things were important to me.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Addison, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Addison, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen, then a group interview then met the decision maker. They LOVED ME according to recruiter. They had never met someone like me and wanted me. Little did I know what awaited me - boredom and looking for work to stay busy. Started looking elsewhere after the first 3 weeks.

Negotiation

No nego - my rate was met.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

you just meet somewhere with a recruiter and talk about Mary Kay, they will ask you a number of questions, tell you what the company is about, ask you about yourself and see ask you if you would like to join if they think you are right for Mary Kay

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Dallas, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

I went for two interviews. The first was a group interview and the second one was upper management. I did better on answering the questions I was prepared for- so I recommend practicing an answer for every question you can think of. I also recommend that you bring extra copies of your resume for people that were pulled into the interview last minute that did not have a chance to look at your resume. Plus- try to know something about the company before you go for the interview- it matters.

Interview Questions

• What do makes you excited about this position? Do know anything about this company? Okay- then what do you know?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Mary Kay.

Interview

Everyone can join and there is no interview or hiring process. You can sign up with any other consultants help.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2013.

Interview

It was very easy, basically she asked me if I was interested in working with the company, I said yes, and bought my starter kit, then began work!

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mary Kay (Cleveland, OH) in April 2013.

Interview

It wasn't so much an interview as it was an introduction to the company. The day I signed up my district manager scheduled me to try Mary Kay out and then she showed me how to do a facial the Mary Kay way. As we were talking about the products that we enjoyed and we compared them with the name brand products that were similar product wise. after my facial we did a mini make over using all Mary Kay products and I loved them and loved how the products made my skin feel. After we did a mini manicure I wanted to buy some of the products and that was when my district manager told me that I was the type of person who is cut out for selling cosmetics like Mary Kay and after all that I signed up to be an independent beauty consultant. So since signing up I was not able to put effort into selling products I soon lost interest in Mary Kay. I have been with the company for a while and still don't understand why other people were so good at selling beauty products and why could not sell even a hand soap.

Interview Questions

• How does Mary Kay products differ from product you buy from retail?   Answer Question
    • Did I like the way my skin felt after using Mary Kay once?   Answer Question