Mary Kay

1.7

Idependant Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Syracuse, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay in August 2008.

It was very easy, I enjoyed meeting other women that are persuing the same career.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay in April 2008.

Very pushy

Interview Questions
    • Do you have a problem charging customers 100% of cost?   Answer Question

Very pushy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lawrence, KS

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay in March 2007.

It was very pleasant. The people were nice. I had used the products for years and knew they were great. I was thinking at first that the marketing plan sounded too good to be true, but after starting and working my own business, know that everything they say is true, and possible if you work for it. The sky is truly the limit!

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Mary Kay in March 2014.

I was almost sucked into this cult. Thankfully, I did some research first and discovered that it is a pyramid scheme that uses cult-like manipulation tactics.

I was harassed, for months, by a Mary Kay consultant to attend a "pampering session." She eventually managed to manipulate me (guilted) me into attending. I was very skeptical, at first, but as they lavished us all with compliments and cheesecake and told us their stories, even those most skeptical in the room was ready to sign up for an "executive level income" working only part-time.

Interview Questions

It's not exactly a "job offer" it is an opportunity to buy in to a multi-level marketing pyramid scheme. Do your research and you will see for yourself. (even Harpers magazine calls it the Pink Pyramid...Forbes also wrote about the scam)

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay.

In person, or by phone

It was fun, easy, and inspiring

Engineer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mary Kay.

At the beginning I did not answer the call from the hire manager.
    However, she called again and ask some questions about personal information. She ask about relocation, and which type of visa, full time or part time. How many hours I prefer...But after that, no more calls from that company.

Beauty Consultant Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay.

There is no interview. If you think you're the one on the spot, laugh out loud, because more than likely the person trying to recruit you is trying to do just that - recruit, not hire. Think of it like if you had to have an interview before you could get a gym membership. Look pretty, do your makeup, and by the end of your "interview" you'll be signing a new consultant agreement.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that there weren't any questions except, what are you dreams? whats important to you?   View Answer
    You negotiate with yourself for your own salary every time you try to make a sale.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacloban, Tacloban (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacloban, Tacloban (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Mary Kay in May 2012.

interview and terming

Interview Questions

because i feel like i didn't deserve it.

Sales Director With Mary Kay Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at Mary Kay in June 2010.

Informal during a company sponsored event.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Mary Kay in December 2009.

Obtaining the interview was easier than normal since I was already working there as a contractor. But, since they hardly automatically convert contractors to full-time employees. I had to apply. They set up the bar so high and always find one bullet point in the job description to hold on to that. This Business Analyst position that I applied required some financial background, but they made it seem like you have to have a Financial degree with masters in technology.
    This was not the only position I applied for, but the process is the same. The interview process is more intended for you to get disappointed, making you feel you don't qualify (even though you have 90% of the requirements). And to tell you the truth there is people inside that you ask yourself how in the world they got hired. The Culture and benefits were great back in 2006, but they have been decaying over the years considerably. Hopefully it gets back like it was before.

Interview Questions
    • Why would make you a good fit for this position?   View Answer