Mary Kay Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 16, 2014
29 interviews

1.7

Engineer Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Mary Kay.

At the beginning I did not answer the call from the hire manager.
    However, she called again and ask some questions about personal information. She ask about relocation, and which type of visa, full time or part time. How many hours I prefer...But after that, no more calls from that company.

Beauty Consultant Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay.

There is no interview. If you think you're the one on the spot, laugh out loud, because more than likely the person trying to recruit you is trying to do just that - recruit, not hire. Think of it like if you had to have an interview before you could get a gym membership. Look pretty, do your makeup, and by the end of your "interview" you'll be signing a new consultant agreement.

Interview Questions
    • The fact that there weren't any questions except, what are you dreams? whats important to you?   View Answer
    You negotiate with yourself for your own salary every time you try to make a sale.

Technical Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Tacloban, Tacloban (Philippines)
    Anonymous Employee in Tacloban, Tacloban (Philippines)

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at Mary Kay in May 2012.

interview and terming

Interview Questions

because i feel like i didn't deserve it.

Business Analyst Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Mary Kay in December 2009.

Obtaining the interview was easier than normal since I was already working there as a contractor. But, since they hardly automatically convert contractors to full-time employees. I had to apply. They set up the bar so high and always find one bullet point in the job description to hold on to that. This Business Analyst position that I applied required some financial background, but they made it seem like you have to have a Financial degree with masters in technology.
    This was not the only position I applied for, but the process is the same. The interview process is more intended for you to get disappointed, making you feel you don't qualify (even though you have 90% of the requirements). And to tell you the truth there is people inside that you ask yourself how in the world they got hired. The Culture and benefits were great back in 2006, but they have been decaying over the years considerably. Hopefully it gets back like it was before.

Interview Questions
    • Why would make you a good fit for this position?   View Answer

Consultant Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay in May 2009.

I went to a consultant meeting/direct sales and after hearing about the opportunity I chose to sign up with my friend, that is now my director...Over a few weeks I was given ample training on products and their use and purpose...I was taught about skin care classes and even able to go to some and watch my director in action...

Interview Questions
    I was taught a lot about the products and how to give skin care classes...I have received a lot of support from my up line directors...

Consultant Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Mary Kay in March 2009.

tried the product, inquired about the employment opporunity, set up interview within 24 hours, offered position next day, accepted, began work with 24 hrs.

Beauty Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay in August 2009.

Good interview.

Sales Director With Mary Kay Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay in June 2010.

Informal during a company sponsored event.

Independent Beauty Consultant Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at Mary Kay in May 2007.

Basically, the interview was an opportunity for me to tell my recruiter what I wanted out of Mary Kay and then she offered me the opportunity to become a part of her team. She answered questions I had for the most part (it's usually the other way around, but she had already seen what she wanted to out of me I guess!) and then we talked about the first steps to get started!

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in Mary Kay in a few years? What are your goals?   Answer Question