Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

4 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Public Health Laboratory Scientist General III Interview

Public Health Laboratory Scientist General III

I applied online and the process took 6 months - interviewed at Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene.

Interview Details – Email to set up interview, Panel Interview ~1hr long with Hands on wet lab experience test, pippetting etc.

Interview Question – Lots of Technical questions related to job, basic chemistry questions: Describe the periodic table.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Have to show old pay stubs to show you deserve a certain amount of pay, they are willing to pay 6% more than your last pay level

Health Policy Analyst Interview

Health Policy Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene in January 2013.

Interview Details – Two interviews, one-on-one and a panel

Interview Question – Why would you choose to stay working for the state government?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Health Policy Analyst Associate Interview

Health Policy Analyst Associate

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene in October 2011.

Interview Details – I got the interview invitation after one week I submitted the application. I interned with them before, so I knew who would be at the panel. Three people were at the panel and each one of them had different sets of questions. They basically went through my resume and had some general behavior questions. No skills test was asked.

Interview Question – Nothing was very difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Policy Analyst Interview

Policy Analyst

The process took a day - interviewed at Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene in January 2011.

Interview Details – Parking's pretty terrible - even for employees. Interviewed with about 3 employees together. Took about 30 minutes, then went to the office/cubicle area to write a short "talking points" memo. Said they would contact me within a week or two, but never heard back. They were insistent about calling me to schedule an interview, so it was certainly lovely of them to just decide not to call back. I suppose it says something about they way they work. The office setting was a bit depressing - like most government type job settings.

Interview Question – Have you ever catered your writing to different audiences?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene employees and interview candidates.