Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Updated May 5, 2014
Updated May 5, 2014

Interviews for Top Jobs at Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene

Public Health Laboratory Scientist General III Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 months - interviewed at Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene.

Email to set up interview, Panel Interview ~1hr long with Hands on wet lab experience test, pippetting etc.

Interview Questions
    • Lots of Technical questions related to job, basic chemistry questions: Describe the periodic table.   Answer Question
    Have to show old pay stubs to show you deserve a certain amount of pay, they are willing to pay 6% more than your last pay level

Health Policy Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene in January 2013.

Two interviews, one-on-one and a panel

Interview Questions
    • Why would you choose to stay working for the state government?   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Health Policy Analyst Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene in October 2011.

I got the interview invitation after one week I submitted the application. I interned with them before, so I knew who would be at the panel. Three people were at the panel and each one of them had different sets of questions. They basically went through my resume and had some general behavior questions. No skills test was asked.

Policy Analyst Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene in January 2011.

Parking's pretty terrible - even for employees. Interviewed with about 3 employees together. Took about 30 minutes, then went to the office/cubicle area to write a short "talking points" memo. Said they would contact me within a week or two, but never heard back. They were insistent about calling me to schedule an interview, so it was certainly lovely of them to just decide not to call back. I suppose it says something about they way they work. The office setting was a bit depressing - like most government type job settings.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever catered your writing to different audiences?   Answer Question

Worked for Maryland Department of Health & Mental Hygiene? Contribute to the Community!