Marywood University

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor
Scranton, PA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Marywood University in June 2013.

Interview Details – Applied via e-mail (cover letter, CV, references), got confirmation of receipt via e-mail shortly after. Got an e-mail back 1-2 months later asking for letters of recommendation and then asked about when would be a good time for a phone conversation from Department Chair. Chair said they were interested in interviewing me for the end of the following week. Interview involved flying in, dinner with faculty (search committee) with them asking questions after. Following day involved an interview with the VP of Academic Affairs, a presentation in front of students and faculty, and then an interview with the Dean. Then lunch with faculty and that was it. I got a call back from the VP with an offer within 2 business days.

Interview Question – All the questions were pretty standard, with why I am considering moving, etc. Straightforward stuff, no tricks.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated higher salary (do your research about averages). They cover relocation based on a formula with the distance and your annual salary.

Worked for Marywood University? Contribute to the Community!