Marywood University Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2015

Interviews for Top Jobs at Marywood University

Conferencing and Events Resident Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Marywood University (Scranton, PA) in March 2014.

Interview

The employer was relaxed and the environment was relaxed. The interview took place in the employer's office in the Conferencing and Events Building on campus. The interview lasted about 20 minutes from start to end. While the interview environment was relaxed, I recommend wearing business casual attire, at the least.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Summer RA? What skills do you feel are necessary to be successful at this position? How do you handle a fast-paced environment? Do you have prior experience as an RA, and if so, for how long? What are you three strongest attributes?   Answer Question

Assistant Professor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scranton, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Marywood University (Scranton, PA) in June 2013.

Interview

Applied via e-mail (cover letter, CV, references), got confirmation of receipt via e-mail shortly after. Got an e-mail back 1-2 months later asking for letters of recommendation and then asked about when would be a good time for a phone conversation from Department Chair. Chair said they were interested in interviewing me for the end of the following week. Interview involved flying in, dinner with faculty (search committee) with them asking questions after. Following day involved an interview with the VP of Academic Affairs, a presentation in front of students and faculty, and then an interview with the Dean. Then lunch with faculty and that was it. I got a call back from the VP with an offer within 2 business days.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were pretty standard, with why I am considering moving, etc. Straightforward stuff, no tricks.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotiated higher salary (do your research about averages). They cover relocation based on a formula with the distance and your annual salary.