MasTec Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

2.1

Installation Technician Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at MasTec in January 2014.

If they like you and you're breathing, you're hired! The interviewer just basically asks you if you've ever climbed on a ladder and do you know how to handle a power tool.

Site Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Marion, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marion, SC

I applied through other source. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MasTec in September 2010.

They are overly concerned about education. Any piece of paper that is from a college will outweigh any experience you may have.

Interview Questions
    • They ask questions right out of any how to conduct an interview book. Such as why do you want to work for Mastec?   View Answer
    They do very little negotiations. They often downplay the salaries they are paying others to low ball their offer.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at MasTec in December 2013.

I applied online and received a phone call the next day. The 1 on 1 interview was then scheduled a week later.

Interview Questions
    • It was a pretty basic interview. There wasn't anything too difficult to answer   Answer Question

Satellite Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Lauderdale, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at MasTec in April 2013.

Turn around and run

Interview Questions
    • My interview was about my basketball team and simple "if" questions.   View Answer

Field Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at MasTec.

If you don't have a record, you are hired.

None.

Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coral Gables, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coral Gables, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at MasTec in January 2014.

I heard about the staff accountant position from a recruiter. I had a little trouble finding parking at the location. I interviewed with the Controller, he was very down to earth. I didn't get to the second interview. Apparently, the job title is staff accountant, but the job description sounds like a financial analyst. The interviewer basically told me that I didn't need to know GAAP. I lost interest when I realized that the work didn't match with the job title.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were easy to answer. Why do you want to work for the company?   Answer Question

Field Technician Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Dade City, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dade City, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MasTec in October 2010.

This is a relaxed interview process with the regional director and site manager for the location you are applying for. You get a call from the recruiter, who is friendly, to set a time and date for appointment. When you arrive for the appointment you are greeted by the site manager and regional director.

Security Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southbury, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southbury, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at MasTec in June 2010.

there was an over the phone interview that got everything started and then I was hired immediately after the phone call and started with in the next to weeks

Interview Questions
    • equipment experience was a tough question because of the lack of experience at the time and had not much experience with a lot of hardware   Answer Question
    they only thing they were able to do was increase my starting salary from my previous job that was similar to this job and I was given many options for insurance including medical and life.

Project Cooridantor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lake Mary, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Mary, FL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at MasTec in October 2013.

Interview with senior recruiter, then project controller, then project director. Senior recruiter was over the phone and asked general previous employment and behavioral questions. Project controller was almost all behavioral questions and Project Director was behavioral and work experience questions. Overall pleasant process with about 2 weeks to get back to me.

Interview Questions
    Temporary to Hire. Full time hires get about 2 to 4 dollars more per hour.

Field Technician Supervisor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MasTec in March 2012.

Very Fast and Easy, Specially if you have experience

Interview Questions

Worked for MasTec? Contribute to the Community!