Masco Cabinetry Interview Questions

3.1

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry in November 2014.

Interview

After applying via Masco.com, approximately 4 weeks elapsed before I received a call for phone interview. At that time, the person I spoke with sounded very scripted and robotic. After discussing my lengthy career in the cabinet industry, I was told that I would receive an online personality profile to better connect me with positions available, just a waste of time as I was a matching fit per their job description. Never received the profile exam and after emailing the interviewer to inquire, I was informed that he no longer worked there. In addition, his job was posted shortly after and the job I applied for is still posted to this day.

Interview Questions

• This was a preliminary interview, so outside of why I would be a good fit for the job, no unexpected or difficult questions.   Answer Question

Shipping Utility Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry.

Interview

filled out an application, got a phone call and went to the prehire process. they called me later that evening with a job offer. i accepted and went the following day for drug screen. had to wait on my back ground for about 7 to 10 days.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is no negotiation. they classify the jobs and give you a dollar figure. you either accept it or decline it.

EDI Coordinator/Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Adrian, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry (Adrian, MI).

Interview

Their company recruiter saw my resume online and called me up. Interviewed with 4 people. 3 Managers and 1 tech person (which happened to be the contractor they had in the position I was interviewing for). The interview took about 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• The normal interview questions.......where do you see yourself in 5 years? What are your weaknesses/strengths? If you have a problem with a co-worker, what do you do? There was one question that was my cup of tea....it was asked after I answered this one interviewers question about why I left my previous employer; that question was: Do you think he knew more than you did? The answer I gave, there is always going to be someone who knows more even for your boss.   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry (Baltimore, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

The first two rounds of interviews went rather well. The video interview was a bit awkward, but all in all not too bad. The downside is that no one from HR or the hiring manager ever contacted me even though I did my thank you email and a phone call follow up. Management: Please keep the lines of communication open. If a candidate doesn't meet your requirements, let them know. Don't leave them hanging!

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions. The questions were typical personality and experience related.   Answer Question

Assembler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Duncanville, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry (Duncanville, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

You have to interview at the location. You simply walk in, don't concern yourself with your appearance and don't worry about last minute attempts to polish your interviewing skills because as long as you have a pulse and can write your name correctly on a dotted line you'll get the job. The interview process is so unprofessional you won't know what your position will be or when you'll be working until 1 day before you are to show up for work. You'll have an initial interview (hopefully with the nicer new lady in the office- the old short lady doesn't even pretend to care about you) there they'll ask you basic questions, "why do you want to work here?" "what is your background like?" Just smile and lie like you do on all other interviews. Then you'll be taken down to the warehouse floor to get a "tour" of the place. Again, smile and pretend to be interested. Then you'll have a final interview with a plant supervisor. This is the one that matters. He'll ask you more meaningless questions, no matter how you answer them, just look him square in the eye, sit up straight and he'll think you mean business. You'll be taken back to H.R. after that interview, and they'll tell you some b.s. like "we're doing a background check, and having you do a drug test, and depending on the results you might be eligible for the position." Simply put, if you aren't a drug addict, you're in! I had an active warrant (traffic tickets man...) and I had just gotten off probation the month prior to me being hired, and I know several employees with similar stories. So I don't think they actually do any background check, and if so-anyone who isn't a murderer or puppy strangler is in apparently. So once you get the forms for the drug test, know you've got the job. You bring back all the paperwork as soon as you can, and you'll start orientation at whatever date they give you. Get a good nights rest the day before, because you'll be spending 8 looooooooong hours in a "safety" class with a woman who thinks moving boxes filled with cabinets is as dangerous as going to war in Iraq or something. You don't have to pay attention, there is no test at the end of the class, just try not to fall asleep-plant managers sneak in the room at some point before it's all over. After being coached on the potential dangers of using tape and why eating cardboard is a bad idea; enjoy your last hours of freedom. Because the next day you begin work; and as the saying goes, "Jesus can have your soul, but your ass belongs to Masco!"

Interview Questions

• "Why should we hire you?" Or "What makes you stand out?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation, you start at 10.00hr or you go elsewhere if that isn't enough.

Corporate HQ Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry (Ann Arbor, MI) in February 2012.

Interview

Most professional process ever - HR Recruiter is hands down the best so far (from phone interview to in person.) Interview was not easy and questions were difficult but I want the job. Building is beautiful, employees are smiling, clean environment......I hope to hear back from them.

Confidential Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ann Arbor, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry (Ann Arbor, MI) in March 2011.

Interview

Best process so far - very professional; well prepared; good interview questions. They offered me water / coffee and everyone was on time. Impressive!

Design Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry in April 2012.

Interview

Phone interview, onsite interview by 3 different persons.

Accounting Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Masco Cabinetry in December 2010.

Interview

The process started with a phone screening with an HR person. The questions were the more open ended variety, e.g. tell me about yourself, why interested in the position, etc.. After a week or two, was called in to interview the with hiring manager. The interview questions were all behavior oriented in some form and probably lasted about 1.5 hours. Within a week or two, the company let's you know on whether there is an offer.