Masco Contractor Services

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.8

Contract Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Masco Contractor Services.

I applied for one position, was asked by HR if I would consider a Contract Manager position as I am better suited for that role and they had an opening coming up, I agreed outlining my salary requirements. I had a phone pre-interview with HR. From there I met with the person who was going to run the Division, we had a successful interview and was told once they sorted some things out I would be called to interview with the CFO and Attorney. I was told it would be for the Contract Manager position or a Negotiator position should a current employee who was being transferred to the new division decide to become the Manager. I could appreciate this and was prepared for either position, knowing they knew my salary requirements already. In the meantime, he suggested I attend events the HR person was going to invite me to so I could meet other employees. I was invited to a Networking event, the HR woman knew I was driving an hour and half, arrived to discover there was in fact no meeting and ended up at a dinner with the HR personal and another candidate, which was more than a little awkward. I then drove again up to the area to meet with the CFO and Attorney. In my first meeting of the day I discovered the Contract Manager position was not in fact an option, not because the other woman took it, but because they decided against hiring one (information that I should have been told prior to taking the drive, as this changed a lot of things for me). And that they would require all hires to start as Reviewers, which is unusual, I could understand requiring some reviewer training and demonstration of reviewing capabilities but to hire an experienced Negotiator and require them to Review for 3 months would again have been nice to know and saved me the drive given the salary requirements I already laid out from the start. I had two lovely interviews, both ending with I would be going to the next step, I liked the people I met with and was willing to continue on knowing they knew my salary expectations. You could imagine my shock receiving a terse email the following afternoon dismissing me as a candidate with no explanation, except to say they could provide no further encouragement or feedback. Given all I received was positive feedback and tons of encouragement, this was disappointing and frustrating to say the least. It was bad enough they did a bait and switch as to the actual job they were prepared to offer, and didn't properly keep me informed as to the huge switch in the positions, that they had me drive twice over 3 hours round trip knowing full well they had not been honest with me, but then to be given nothing useful as feedback, knowing I left both of the last interviews on positive notes is more than a little upsetting. I should mention this process took over a month. It was a complete and total waste of my time, energy, and funds going to and from the three sets of meetings. They should have been honest and kept in better communication with me about the change in their needs, and not wasted my time.

Interview Questions
    • After being told there was no Contract Manager position, it was unusual to be asked to give an example of a time I managed people.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, AL

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Masco Contractor Services in April 2014.

Had numerous email correspondence and phone calls...they could never coordinate a date/time for phone interview with someone other than hiring manager. Had decent correspondence by email, although company response would be weeks later after many follow up emails.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions...they seemed interested in me, however, they never could get their schedules in sync to meet with me in person   Answer Question

Insulation Installer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lacey, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Lacey, WA

I applied in-person – interviewed at Masco Contractor Services in January 2014.

Very easy and quick. Just call them

Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Masco Contractor Services in January 2014.

phone interview, basic

Accounting Interview

Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a weekinterviewed at Masco Contractor Services in November 2013.

When you submit a resume they will not reply. Only hire through temp agencies.

Interview Questions
    • Are you prepared to work overtime anytime we want you to   View Answer

They seem really full of themselves and all the neurotic security made me nervous because really? What kind of contracting business needs that unless they make a lot of people really angry. I mean, its not like they are a top secret government agency

Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, SC

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Masco Contractor Services.

All the basics, college, experience, have you managed people before, taught people

Interview Questions
    I told them I needed more money based on the hours, they offered up a whopping additional grand

Division Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Masco Contractor Services in June 2013.

Applied June and the interview process lasted 6 weeks. First step after application was to fill out a career snapshot. Questions were, How have you managed staffing levels based on sales demand. Tell me about a difficult employee situation and what did you do to resolve it. Walk me through a P&L. How do you improve categories. Describe sales teams you've led, size, scope etc.

Eleven total interviews, 2 in person the remainder on Green Job Interview or phone. Process was a bit disorganized, a SVP missed 1 interview and rescheduled, a few more were changed last min. Was supposed to have the last 6 interviews in person at Daytona office, but vacation schedules could not accommodate a realistic date. Did the final interviews via phone and Green Job (Skype )

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where, if you had given it more thought, the result would have been better.   View Answer

Division Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Masco Contractor Services in January 2013.

The process was pretty thorough. It started with a thinking/behavioral assessment, then a phone screen with the HR Manager, then a phone interview with the Regional Manager. After that, I had an in person interview with the Regional Manager and the VPO. Finally, they flew me to Daytona Beach to meet with the executive team.

Interview Questions
    • On your last performance review, what constructive criticism did you receive, and how did you address it?   Answer Question

Senior Manager, Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Daytona Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Masco Contractor Services in June 2012.

The interview process at MCS was quick and efficient. Initial contact to offer took less than month, and involved a trip to sunny Central Florida. The process started with an HR phone screen; followed by two video interviews; ending with a day-long marathon interview. The interviews were typical behaviorally based questions, with conversation woven throughout. I got a great sense of the company, the people and the future outlook. Everyone involved was professional and passionate about MCS. It was intense, but an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions
    An initial offer was present slightly below my initial salary requirement, but they were open to negotiation and we were able to find common ground within the day. The hiring manager presented the offer (more rare than you may think), and the recruiter handled most of the negotiations. It was a smooth and well defined process.

Director Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Masco Contractor Services in January 2012.

Very pleasent and organized