Masco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Intern Interview

Intern
Taylor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Masco.

Interview Details – On campus interview through campus internship office. Second interview onsite with direct manager.

Interview Question – Asking about grades in non-relevant courses   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Internships were at set rates - there was no negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Intern Interview

Intern
Taylor, MI

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Masco in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very easy, just went through college internship program and process was very expedited. Interview was with director, manager and staff member. Offer was recieved promptly and background check was very short.

Interview Question – Nothing difficult at all, just tried to talk a little bit about my background and what I would be doing as a member of the team. Also just a behavioral question or two i.e. tell me a time when you...   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Corporate Interview

Corporate
Taylor, MI

I applied online - interviewed at Masco in November 2009.

Interview Details – Friendly and pleasant

Sourcing Intern Interview

Sourcing Intern

Interviewed at Masco

Interview Details – The first round was behavioral interview.

Interview Question – Tell me a time when you have multi-task to do, and how you finish.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Taylor, MI

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Masco in August 2010.

Interview Details – The organization was very thorough in both their screening and interviewing process. I was excited about the opportunity to work for them, but received an interview for a position closer to home the day before the final interview was scheduled. I respectfully declined the final interview.

Reason for Declining – Chose another position closer to home.

Very Easy Interview

Entry Level Tax Accountant Interview

Entry Level Tax Accountant
Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Masco in October 2011.

Interview Details – Two managers begin the interview by describing who they are and what they do. They ask you to talk about yourself and they review your resume. They will ask questions regarding some activities that you have been involved. They were very friendly.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us about yourself   View Answer
  • Tell us about a time you worked in a diverse team, describe the task and the outcome.   View Answer

Director EBusiness Interview

Director EBusiness
Taylor, MI

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Masco in April 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for the position online. Received a call 3 months later for a video interview. Really smart process, an outside firm spends 30 minutes with you to prepare you side, laptop, camera, lighting in your room, etc.--very professional--they will even send you a web cam if you do not have one. Had the video call with VP Talent Mgmt. Thought it went well, he said he took 3 pages of notes. The only odd element was that in a 25 year career I have changed jobs 5 times. He kept asking me for each move if I was fired. Have not experienced that level of "paranoia?" Was told of the schedule he would get back with me. Waited two weeks past that, left voice mail, email, no response. Called the admin for the team and on a Sunday at 7am received an email from the VP that I was not a candidate.

I was fine with that, they have taken a 50% revenue hit over the past few years and from others I have networked with, they appear lost as to what to do next

Interview Question – When you left company "X" were you fired?   Answer Question

Field Representative Interview

Field Representative
Albuquerque, NM

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Masco in August 2008.

Interview Details – Very straightforward

Interview Question – Have you ever trained anyone and how?   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Human Resources

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Masco.

Interview Details – Spoke to external recruiter and was put right through to internal recruitier. Had video conference but then was instructed to follow up each week if I didn't hear from them. over a month later had 2nd video interview with interviewer who seemed very negative. This was for a fairly high level strategic role and yet the interviewer seemed very focused on minutiae and the "bad" aspects of the role. Decided at that point, no longer interested in pursuing.
Their internal recruiter was nice enough but whole process seemed disconnected and unprofessional

Interview Question – No difficult questions   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Internship Interview

Continuous Improvement Internship

Interviewed at Masco

Interview Details – The entire process took about 2 weeks.
1st phase was an overview over the phone with the hiring assistant.
2nd phase was a phone interview with of the department associates
3rd phase was a second interview with the department manger
Last phase was a visit to their offices and a final overview before the final offer

Interview Question – Explain your contributions for a Kaizen event or an improvement project you have been involved with?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Better offer from another firm.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Masco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Masco interview questions and advice. All 12 interview reviews posted anonymously by Masco employees and interview candidates.