Masco

Masco Interview Questions

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Masco.

On campus interview through campus internship office. Second interview onsite with direct manager.

Interview Questions
    Internships were at set rates - there was no negotiation

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taylor, MI

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Masco in August 2013.

Very easy, just went through college internship program and process was very expedited. Interview was with director, manager and staff member. Offer was recieved promptly and background check was very short.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing difficult at all, just tried to talk a little bit about my background and what I would be doing as a member of the team. Also just a behavioral question or two i.e. tell me a time when you...   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sourcing Intern Interview

The first round was behavioral interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time when you have multi-task to do, and how you finish.   Answer Question

Entry Level Tax Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI
    Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Masco in October 2011.

Two managers begin the interview by describing who they are and what they do. They ask you to talk about yourself and they review your resume. They will ask questions regarding some activities that you have been involved. They were very friendly.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us about yourself   View Answer
    • Tell us about a time you worked in a diverse team, describe the task and the outcome.   View Answer

Director EBusiness Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Masco in April 2011.

Applied for the position online. Received a call 3 months later for a video interview. Really smart process, an outside firm spends 30 minutes with you to prepare you side, laptop, camera, lighting in your room, etc.--very professional--they will even send you a web cam if you do not have one. Had the video call with VP Talent Mgmt. Thought it went well, he said he took 3 pages of notes. The only odd element was that in a 25 year career I have changed jobs 5 times. He kept asking me for each move if I was fired. Have not experienced that level of "paranoia?" Was told of the schedule he would get back with me. Waited two weeks past that, left voice mail, email, no response. Called the admin for the team and on a Sunday at 7am received an email from the VP that I was not a candidate.

I was fine with that, they have taken a 50% revenue hit over the past few years and from others I have networked with, they appear lost as to what to do next

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Masco in August 2010.

The organization was very thorough in both their screening and interviewing process. I was excited about the opportunity to work for them, but received an interview for a position closer to home the day before the final interview was scheduled. I respectfully declined the final interview.

Chose another position closer to home.

Corporate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Taylor, MI

I applied online – interviewed at Masco in November 2009.

Friendly and pleasant

Field Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Masco in August 2008.

Very straightforward

Human Resources Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Masco.

Spoke to external recruiter and was put right through to internal recruitier. Had video conference but then was instructed to follow up each week if I didn't hear from them. over a month later had 2nd video interview with interviewer who seemed very negative. This was for a fairly high level strategic role and yet the interviewer seemed very focused on minutiae and the "bad" aspects of the role. Decided at that point, no longer interested in pursuing.
    Their internal recruiter was nice enough but whole process seemed disconnected and unprofessional

Continuous Improvement Internship Interview

The entire process took about 2 weeks.
    1st phase was an overview over the phone with the hiring assistant.
    2nd phase was a phone interview with of the department associates
    3rd phase was a second interview with the department manger
    Last phase was a visit to their offices and a final overview before the final offer

Interview Questions
    • Explain your contributions for a Kaizen event or an improvement project you have been involved with?   Answer Question

Better offer from another firm.