Mashable Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

2.4

Social Media Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mashable.

Interview

Started off with a phone screen, followed by another phone conversation with the hiring manager, and a writing test. Then, an in-person in Mashable HQ. Overall, I was very pleased with this process. The recruiter and the hiring managers were very transparent, friendly, and open to answering any of my questions.

Interview Questions

• What brands do a really great job at social media?
      What attracted you to Mashable?
      What types of blogs do you follow?

Answer Question

Communications Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mashable.

Interview

Phone interview was casual and interviewers were easy to talk to. Was asked about my background and how it relates to the position. I thought it went well. Followed up the next day with a thank you email to both interviewers and heard back from them over a week later that they chose someone else.

Interview Questions

• Why Mashable? Do you see yourself working in communications or social media in the future, which one, and why?   Answer Question

Visual Storytelling Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Mashable.

Interview

The manager called for about a 20 minute casual interview. We discussed the things I wrote on my application and my experience with social media. Then, I talked to two different team members who asked me specific questions about my artistic abilities.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever made a video on your phone?   1 Answer

Associate Editor Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Mashable (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was long and drawn out over several months, with various phone interviews and one in person interview in which I met with 3 senior editors. Would do a phone chat and think they'd moved on since literally a month or two would go by between the around 3 phone interviews I did. When I finally met editors, there was a sense that office morale was plummeting. Never heard back, even after reaching out to HR person for update. After such a long interview process, would have liked to at least get a formal rejection.

Operations Interview

Interview

Mashable has a great interview process. It was quick and average level of difficulty. I met with three team members and the entire process took about 90 minutes. They asked mostly background questions on my work history and experience but threw a few curve balls in there, as well. I had a very positive experience.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mashable in December 2014.

Interview

The entire process took a little over a month but was easy and straight forward. There is a skills assignment you are asked to complete. If you want the position you definitely will need to send a couple follow up emails. They are busy people and if you applied during the holidays, expect to do some gentle harassing. The interview overall was business casual.

Interview Questions

• None but be prepared to ask them questions. Interviews are a two way street.   Answer Question

Editorial Intern Interview

Interview

Simple and straightforward. There was only one phone interview, but with several editors. It took some time to get a decision, but the process was smooth overall.

Interview Questions

• Nothing too out of the ordinary, but interview was very social media-based.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mashable (New York, NY).

Interview

Went on interview was told they would contact me with an answer and never heard back even after emailing and calling.