Masimo Interview Questions

Updated Jun 15, 2015

3.2

Algorithm Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Masimo.

Interview

Process took a month. Contacted by HR. Then I was given 5 sets of problems to solve. Once I sent the solutions, I was set up for on-site interview. Very unorganized interview process.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Masimo.

Interview

Very information and thorough, seems like a great company. It is a smaller company with a huge potential in growth aka sales aka money. The devices have a huge potential for the market they sit in.

Another position

Senior Buyer/Planner Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Masimo in September 2014.

Interview

Long interview process. 3 telephone and 3 in person interviews with 7 people. There were 2 telephone interviews to start with HR and the Vice President of Supply Chain to see if I fit the skill set needed. This took over a 2 month period. Well worth the wait. Great company to work for.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They are open to negotiation

Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Masimo (Irvine, CA).

Interview

first I had few phone calls with HR then I received 5 set of tests and finished 4 of them. Then I was invited for an on site half-day interview!

Interview Questions

• They have 3 divisions inside Rainbow team. DSP, Optics and Programming. most of the homework pertain to the dsp division so don't worry you might still have a chance. I thought I did well but maybe they didn't like my character. Their management is so unorganized!!!   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Masimo in July 2014.

Interview

Had a great phone interview with VP of Engineering. Was asked to come in for a half day interview the following week. What a horrible experience! The interviewers were arrogant and didn't even understand their own questions they were asking. I've never had a more horrible experience during the process.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all over the place and never really were on topic relating to the job description. I had to ask several times to rephrase the question. Not sure if they were really prepared for the interview.   Answer Question

Quality Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Masimo.

Interview

The person who interviews you will probably have less knowledge about medical devices than the interviewee. Arrive early because parking is very packed or at least schedule your interview right before lunch time because a lot of employees leave early for lunch and you can get a good parking space.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The negotiation phase went through a recruiter and it was not a lot of back and forth. I was happy with the pay.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Masimo (Irvine, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Great impression, very friendly group. The follow up, flexibility in scheduling and enthusiasm for the company was excellent. The more I learned about the company the more I was inclined to join them, especially after learning about how their products save lives, help people and how much they are growing.

Interview Questions

• Asked to present to a panel of executives.   1 Answer

Associate Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Masimo (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Corporate Recruiter reached out after reviewing my resume on Indeed. Had an initial HR screening (phone) followed by a phone interview with the hiring manager. 4 back-to-back on-campus interviews in the final round. But never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• How thick is your skin?
      How do you deal with people who have strong personalities?

Answer Question

Masimo Response

May 12, 2014Vice President, Human Resources

Thank you for your feedback and interest in our Associate Product Manager position. We make every effort to reach back out to candidates after they have interviewed for a position and I apologize ... More

IT Intern Interview

Interview

Bobby is very nice and supportive. I had a good interview experience.

Associate Algorithm Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Masimo (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Contacted by HR three months after applying via LinkedIn. Scheduled phone interview with manager. 1st phone screen: current project description. 2nd phone screen: Questions in mathematical optimization (how to minimize volume of ellipsoid, why is determinant a measure of volume of ellipsoid, etc). Next, two problems were sent to me to be solved in a week (one was a C programming problem- multipling two vectors- and the other an OFDM problem). One more phone screen with senior scientist- asked questions from resume, AdaBoost, etc. Finally, on-site interview: Started at 9 am, was asked to give an hour long presentation of two projects. Nine interviews throughout the day. All questions based on presentation, a lot of emphasis on linear algebra, optimization, adaptive filters and some Java. Very thorough interview process.

Interview Questions

• In my third phone screen I was asked to describe AdaBoost in detail. I had done the project about eight months ago, and had forgotten the details and panicked. Takeaway? Know your resume thoroughly!   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was my first job, so I didn't negotiate. I was very happy with what they gave me.