Masonite International Interview Questions

Updated Oct 14, 2014
Updated Oct 14, 2014

2.2

Process Design Technician Interview

2 stage interview, First was a standard interview no tests, second was a tour of the facility with questions asked. Was contacted within 10 days and got the job.

Talent Acquisition Specialist Interview

Resumes are reviewed and if the applicant meets the requirements of the position they've applied for, a HR representative will conduct an initial phone screen. If qualified, the hiring manager conducts a phone screen, then if the applicant is still being considered, an in-person interview is scheduled. Depending on the position, candidates may have more than one interview before a decision is made.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question for me would be , "What is the most difficult decision you've made in your life and how did you come to your decision?"   View Answer
    Simple and straight forward.

Payroll Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Masonite International.

It was a marathon. You spend all day with various members of the team. Lunch was especially difficult. At first I thought it might be a chance to observe my social etiquette, in reality they were trying to see if I could talk with my mouth full. The manager peppered me with questions throughout the entire meal. She would ask her questions with food in her mouth.

Interview Questions
    • I am usually very prepared so I didn't find any questions difficult.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Masonite International.

Multiple phone screens followed by all day interviews onsite. Phone screens consisted of basic background review. Onsite interviews were very different from the phone screens, even coming from the same interviewer. They asked very broad questions but were looking for very specific answers. Give the wrong example and you are toast. Each interviewer had a different view of what the job would entail. Some functions seemed great, others were completely dysfunctional. Check their financial performance over the last decade and you will get a good idea of how the company operates.

Be prepared to pay for your own airfare & hotel then regularly remind them they owe you reimbursement. The excuses they gave me for delays were absolutely silly.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most complex issue you have had to deal with?   Answer Question

Java Developer (Web Stuff?) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Masonite International.

Bizarre interview process.

About an hour sit down test asking about various internet and programming concepts. I think the test was written in the early 90s. Asks about CGI scripts and validating text input etc. There were also a bunch of SQL questions, basically seeing if I could do selects with joins off the top of my head.

Afterwards, interviewed by young guy (out of college) and older guy (maybe 40s?) who explained the workplace and what went on. Got the impression it was a tiny development crew, basically a couple of guys and one QA tester who had other jobs besides QA. The workspace was this open cubicle area with low walls. They're another one of these old companies that is trying to copy the look and feel of the "google workplace".

Feedback from the recruiter who convinced me to apply there was extremely positive, but they didn't hire me. Oddly enough, they didn't hire anyone else, and the position is still posted 6 months later and I still get invited by recruiters to apply there. I suspect I am one of dozens of people that interviewed for this position.

None of the stuff they were doing was particularly exotic, so I imagine that most of the candidates that got sent to them were more than qualified. Who knows why they are wasting people's time.

Interview Questions
    • None really. A lot of their questions were about technologies from 10+ years ago (and thus hard to remember) but nothing really difficult.   Answer Question

Laborer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haleyville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Haleyville, AL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a dayinterviewed at Masonite International in February 2014.

Hired by a temp service was told i get no benifits,no holiday pay,no raise before 1 year and then it would be .25 cents. Nothing else to say about this place.

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Masonite International in September 2010.

Screened by a recruiter on the phone for interest. Phone interview with District Manager next with basic questions relating to your experience. In person interview with District Manager a week later expounding on initial interview. Basic questions.

Interview Questions
    • To be honest, everything was very cut and dry. Weaknesses, Strengths and Why are you a fit   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation. They have a fixed number and will pass on you if you require more.

Plant Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Masonite International.

I was contacted by a recruiting agency. They were very flexible and generous with time on the phone. Once it proceeded to live interviews, the communication and arrangements were professional and respected the fact that it's a two-way process - you're interviewing them too. I had two rounds of live interviews.

Interview Questions
    • They had a very specific question about safety metrics at my current employer. It wasn't an unreasonable question since it's not the number that really matters (for the purposes of the interview) but the understanding of what's being measured and how, and what actions are taken based on the measurements. I got hung up on the fact that we didn't measure it the same way and rather than using the question to discuss the strengths and weaknesses of our first aid and safety procedures, I said too little because I was concerned that the measure that was asked about was an industry standard that I wasn't aware of.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Masonite International in June 2010.

walked out of interview when told 50-60 hours per week was expected.