Masonite International Interview Questions

Updated Aug 13, 2015

2.3

Enegy Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Masonite International in July 2015.

Interview

HR associate contacted me by email to arrange a phone screening. The phone screening was informal, it lasted about 20 minutes. They extended an interview with hiring manager but the daily commute would have been too far for me and I was not willing to relocate for the position. This the reason the phone screening is in place.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Masonite International in June 2015.

Interview

Process took about 3-4 weeks. I had two phone interviews and an in person interview. Throughout the process they kept in touch with me and stuck to their deadlines as to when I would hear back from them. I felt very comfortable throughout the whole process and they gave me a very accurate description of the job.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

N/A

Territory Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Masonite International (New Orleans, LA) in June 2015.

Interview

I recieved an email asking when would be a good time to setup a Phone interview. After the phone interview the representative told me I would skip the second phone interview and was asked to setup an in person interview. A week after the one on one interview I recieved the job offer. Next I just had to complete a background and drug test.

Interview Questions

• How are you a good fit for the job?   1 Answer

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Masonite International (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

I had a very quick interview process with Masonite. One phone screen and one in person interview. Met in-person with a team of 3 people. Easy to speak with the panel. Was given a very good overview of the company and direction that they are heading for 2015 and beyond. Received an offer within a week.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Masonite International in October 2014.

Interview

Process is too lengthy, I had 6 phone interviews, than a face to face interview, followed by 3 more phone interviews, I believe this can be leaned out to no more than 3 phone interviews

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiation was the best part of the interview process but I feel strongly that an incentive program should be offered for this type of position

Interview

2 stage interview, First was a standard interview no tests, second was a tour of the facility with questions asked. Was contacted within 10 days and got the job.

Interview Questions

Interview

Resumes are reviewed and if the applicant meets the requirements of the position they've applied for, a HR representative will conduct an initial phone screen. If qualified, the hiring manager conducts a phone screen, then if the applicant is still being considered, an in-person interview is scheduled. Depending on the position, candidates may have more than one interview before a decision is made.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question for me would be , "What is the most difficult decision you've made in your life and how did you come to your decision?"   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple and straight forward.

Payroll Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Masonite International.

Interview

It was a marathon. You spend all day with various members of the team. Lunch was especially difficult. At first I thought it might be a chance to observe my social etiquette, in reality they were trying to see if I could talk with my mouth full. The manager peppered me with questions throughout the entire meal. She would ask her questions with food in her mouth.

Interview Questions

• I am usually very prepared so I didn't find any questions difficult.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Masonite International.

Interview

Multiple phone screens followed by all day interviews onsite. Phone screens consisted of basic background review. Onsite interviews were very different from the phone screens, even coming from the same interviewer. They asked very broad questions but were looking for very specific answers. Give the wrong example and you are toast. Each interviewer had a different view of what the job would entail. Some functions seemed great, others were completely dysfunctional. Check their financial performance over the last decade and you will get a good idea of how the company operates. Be prepared to pay for your own airfare & hotel then regularly remind them they owe you reimbursement. The excuses they gave me for delays were absolutely silly.

Interview Questions

• What is the most complex issue you have had to deal with?   Answer Question

Java Developer (Web Stuff?) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Masonite International (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Bizarre interview process. About an hour sit down test asking about various internet and programming concepts. I think the test was written in the early 90s. Asks about CGI scripts and validating text input etc. There were also a bunch of SQL questions, basically seeing if I could do selects with joins off the top of my head. Afterwards, interviewed by young guy (out of college) and older guy (maybe 40s?) who explained the workplace and what went on. Got the impression it was a tiny development crew, basically a couple of guys and one QA tester who had other jobs besides QA. The workspace was this open cubicle area with low walls. They're another one of these old companies that is trying to copy the look and feel of the "google workplace". Feedback from the recruiter who convinced me to apply there was extremely positive, but they didn't hire me. Oddly enough, they didn't hire anyone else, and the position is still posted 6 months later and I still get invited by recruiters to apply there. I suspect I am one of dozens of people that interviewed for this position. None of the stuff they were doing was particularly exotic, so I imagine that most of the candidates that got sent to them were more than qualified. Who knows why they are wasting people's time.

Interview Questions

• None really. A lot of their questions were about technologies from 10+ years ago (and thus hard to remember) but nothing really difficult.   Answer Question