Mass Electric

13 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Estimator Interview

Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mass Electric in April 2013.

Interview Details – First you get an email saying that you were selected and they give you a link to answer some questions. There are two exams, one is a personality test and the other is a skills/IQ test. The personality test you can take as much time as you want, but the other you have to answer as many questions as you can in ten minutes

Interview Question – Be prepared to answer questions about your work ethic, past experiences and how you overcame previous obstacles   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Field Engineer
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Mass Electric in January 2014.

Interview Details – I intitially had a phone interview with Kiewit, which then lead to a Hirevue interview online where you answer pre recorded questions., then they flew me to Mass Electric in Dallas for final interview. Interview questions were kind of what i expected but i was very nervous. Very nice people to talk too. Awesome Experience.

Interview Question – What is your biggest concern right now (open ended question)   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer/Estimator Interview

Waltham, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mass Electric.

Interview Details – Started off with a 25-question video interview (basic stuff - strengths, weaknesses, how to handle disagreements, etc.). Then brought in for a panel interview (just me and 2 others) which was very relaxed and informal. They wanted to make sure I understood the job responsibilities, travel requirements, and whether I would be dedicated to the company for the long-term.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected.   Answer Question

Entry Level Field Engineer/Estimator Interview

Boston, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Mass Electric in August 2012.

Interview Details – Hiring process started with a phone interview which took about a half an hour mostly behavioral questions. After less than 2 weeks I was chosen for an in-person interview which was consisting of tow one-on-one interviews and lunch.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time that something unethical happened and what did you do?   Answer Question

Estimator Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Mass Electric in April 2012.

Interview Details – The lady was very nice on the phone. explained the positions very well and gave me time to ask questions. If you interview in the morning and you impress her, she will remember you. Very positive things to say about the staff and the city. Great place to work for

Interview Question – Tell me a time that you have used technical knowledge in order to solve a problem in your pass experiences?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Dallas, TX

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mass Electric in September 2011.

Interview Details – You need to do your homework, but its for the best. They are very thorough in their process, but they force you to think through a long term commitment. It was made very clear, that this is a career and not simply a job. Recruiters were very frank in discussing the pros/con of working at the company.

Interview Question – Tell me what you know about Mass. Electric and/or Kiewit? Based on what you know, why do you feel this is the right place for you?   View Answer

Entry Level Engineer Interview

Boston, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Mass Electric in July 2011.

Interview Details – This has been one of the most thorough phone interviews I have been on. I felt like the questions asked were tricky and the recruiter was agressively trying to get some information out of me that would disqualify me as an applicant. However, this is how they hire "Only the best".

Interview Questions

• If a person on your team is claiming more hours worked than he should what would you do?   Answer Question
  • How can you be sure you will be willing to relocate and travel 5-10 years from now?   Answer Question

Entry Level Electrical Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Mass Electric.

Interview Details – HR Interview

Interview Question – Describe your leadership experience.   View Answer

Business Intern Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Mass Electric.

Interview Details – I applied to their Business Intern position after finding it on internships.com. It took them about 2 weeks to get back to me to offer a phone interview. I did the generic phone screening with an HR manager. Questions about my resume and why Mass. Then invited to do a second round but I couldn't go in person so they sent me a webcam (whihc I got to keep pretty cool) I did the interview with Business Manager then another HR guy.

Interview Question – Nothing really
Not realy any technical questions - they did ask on a scale of 1-10 how familiar ar you with _?
 the items were payroll, ap, ar, excel, etc
Asked about experience
Multiple people asked me multiple time how I feel about the constant moving that comes with Mass - if you don't want to move don't bother applying
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations possible

Entry Level Estimator/Engineer Interview

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Mass Electric in September 2012.

Interview Details – phone interview with HR.

Interview Question – basics questions about background and experience.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Mass Electric? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mass Electric interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Mass Electric employees and interview candidates.