Mass Electric Interview Questions

Updated May 19, 2015

Engineer/Estimator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Mass Electric.

Interview

There was a recorded webcam interview where you had to record yourself answering questions and the recording would get sent to the company where they would review the self-recorded interview answers to their questions. The second part was answering online questions. One part was timed and the other part was personality-type questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions such as "why do you think you are the best fit for the job", and recording yourself giving an "elevator pitch" of what you should be hired.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Mass Electric.

Interview

I just got the email this morning about the interview after few weeks of applying online. There are two parts hiring process. The first one is an online assessment including timed questions in ten minutes and untimed questions. I didn't finish the timed question..

Field Engineer/Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Mass Electric (Boston, MA).

Interview

I was asked to fill out Peopleanswers survey and was given an opportunity to present myself through a digital interview. The questions were only of HR level and behavioral type. It was fairly easy and the interview did not take more than 15 minutes. Just make sure you know enough about the company and do show enthusiasm for the job opening during your interview.

Interview Questions

• Fairly simple questions like "Why do you think you are a fit for the position?"   Answer Question

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at Mass Electric.

Interview

Applied through college recruiting. The first interview went well and was mainly conversational, and I was invited to a final interview at the office. In attempting to schedule the interview date, I could not reach anyone or plan a finalized date despite weeks of calling. Finally, 2 months later I was informed that I could be interviewed back at my school for a final round. This interview was again mainly conversational. The interviewers were fun to talk to and incredibly candid. I was called back the next day with an offer and was told it was sent in the mail that day. Once again, weeks went by without receiving the offer in the mail, despite my calling and being told that it had been sent. Over a month later I was called saying that they actually could not give me the offer any more because their positions filled up. Definitely the longest, most drawn-out, disorganized interview process I have ever been through.

Entry Level Engineer/Estimator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mass Electric.

Interview

The process took about a month to complete. The HR rep was helpful and the interview process was typical interview questions. Final interview was more of a long conversation.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Mass Electric (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

I intitially had a phone interview with Kiewit, which then lead to a Hirevue interview online where you answer pre recorded questions., then they flew me to Mass Electric in Dallas for final interview. Interview questions were kind of what i expected but i was very nervous. Very nice people to talk too. Awesome Experience.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest concern right now (open ended question)   Answer Question

Entry Level Engineer/Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mass Electric (Waltham, MA).

Interview

Started off with a 25-question video interview (basic stuff - strengths, weaknesses, how to handle disagreements, etc.). Then brought in for a panel interview (just me and 2 others) which was very relaxed and informal. They wanted to make sure I understood the job responsibilities, travel requirements, and whether I would be dedicated to the company for the long-term.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Mass Electric (Waltham, MA) in October 2013.

Interview

Interview through an app that requires you to record yourself answering questions displayed on your iPhone. Very strange. If you pass that stage, HR will call you for an interview and ask you the exact same questions that you answered in your phone recording. Tip: write down all the questions from the app interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

None

Assistant Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Waltham, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Mass Electric (Waltham, MA) in April 2013.

Interview

First you get an email saying that you were selected and they give you a link to answer some questions. There are two exams, one is a personality test and the other is a skills/IQ test. The personality test you can take as much time as you want, but the other you have to answer as many questions as you can in ten minutes

Interview Questions

• Be prepared to answer questions about your work ethic, past experiences and how you overcame previous obstacles   Answer Question

Entry Level Field Engineer/Estimator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Mass Electric (Boston, MA) in August 2012.

Interview

Hiring process started with a phone interview which took about a half an hour mostly behavioral questions. After less than 2 weeks I was chosen for an in-person interview which was consisting of tow one-on-one interviews and lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that something unethical happened and what did you do?   Answer Question