MassMutual Actuarial Student Program Interview Questions

Updated Apr 1, 2015

2.0

Actuarial Student Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

Submitted my resume to a recruiter. Was contacted directly for an onsite interview. Spent a day at the headquarters. Had four interviews, a lunch break and a tour with current students in the program. Interviewers ranged from senior-level actuaries to actuarial students. Everyone was nice and friendly. Most interviews were not very formal. I ended up talking about insurance products and extracurricular activities with some of the interviewers. I heard from the HR a few business days after the interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Actuarial Student Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (Enfield, CT) in May 2011.

Interview

The interview consisted of four 1:1 interviews, all with actuaries from different departments. After the first two interviews, I had lunch with two Actuarial Students who recently became FSA's. The interviews on the whole were straight forward; one of the interviewers didn't even really ask me standard questions, we just ended up in a discussion about one of my volunteer experiences. The first 1:1 interview was 45 minutes, the other three were 30 minutes. A few business days later, someone from HR called me and told me that MassMutual would not pursue my application.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were part of a group and some of the other members were not contributing as much.   Answer Question
    • What is your greatest accomplishment?   Answer Question