MassMutual

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

Interview Details – I first found out about the opening in November 2013. I was given the name of an HR recruiter to call. I began calling the recruiter to inquire about the position and get my name out there. I had tried to apply online, but kept getting system errors. I finally managed to get my online app to go through in December 2013. In January 2014, I received a call from the recruiter to schedule an appointment for skills testing. This involved reading comprehension, math skills, and a customer service simulator. About three weeks after the testing, I received a call to come in for a one on one interview with the recruiter I had been in contact with. The interview was quick - about 15 minutes or so. I was asked about what I know about the company and also various test taking questions since passing the Series 6 exam is required. About a week later, I received another call to come in for a panel interview with the call center directors. It was with two of the directors, and this interview lasted about 45 minutes. They asked several questions about previous customer service experience and what I know about the company. Two weeks later, I was notified that I wasn't selected for the position.

Interview Question – Most unexpected was probably about test taking ability and study habits in college.   Answer Question

Springfield, MA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – The first day is just testing, i did not prepare for this as i thought it was personality tests. A portion was personality but there was also a lot of vocabulary/math questions such as..Bob bought a new computer and has 5 payments in total. If he put x down and has y left, how much does he have left to pay if he made 2 payments? The last portion was mock phone calls, a recording in a headset that is a customer and you have multiple choice answers to pick from. I thought i bombed the math/vocab but the woman at the end told me i passed and i was given an interview for the next day.

This interview was with a recruiter and it was basic questions, if you prepare you should do well. This was about 25 mins long. He told me that i would be contacted within 3 weeks for a final interview if they wanted to meet with me...aprox 2.5 weeks later i did get a phone call for the last interview.

unfortunately i have no further info as i havent done this final interview yet, its this week. I did get a meeting agenda that says i am meeting with at least 3 people. I wish i had more info about this interview myself, which is why i am here. I hope this helps.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – i passed the first interview, i have final this week so i dont know.

Springfield, MA

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2008.

Interview Details – There were two interviews. The first was with a recruiter one on one and the second one was with a group and the director of the department explained the position and the job details.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No, they would not negotiate.

Customer Service Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2010.

Interview Details – I was brought in on the first day where I had to take a Limra test and mock phone calls. I passed both of these test and was brought back for the first personal interview which was very pleasent. Then I was told that i would here within a week if I would make it to the next round. HR called back within 3 days and stated they were going with people who had more experience. I talk to someone I know and they confirmed what I was told.

Interview Question – What was your greatest achievement to date?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at MassMutual

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MassMutual Customer Service Representative interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by MassMutual employees and interview candidates.