MassMutual

18 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Orange, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2013.

Interview Details – The interview was very relaxed, not many questions. It was mainly asking if you wanted to do it. Commission based pay. Let me repeat Commission based pay. They seem like they will hire anybody.

Pay can be good if you can sell a lot of plans.

Interview Question – Questions were simple. Just a personality test- can you sell something?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Other offers on the table that were more appealing came up.

Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at MassMutual in September 2011.

Interview Details – Very lengthy and detailed

Interview Question – can't think of any specific one just that interview did not really reflect what the job was about   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Sounded too good to be true and local reputation not positive

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through indeed.com on Friday and got a phone interview on Monday. We then set up 1 on 1 interview on Wednesday. The interview lasted for about less than 1 hour. It was just me and recruiter in a meeting room having conversation. I was pretty nervous because i don't really have much formal interview experience. The recruiter is cute and respectful.

Interview Questions

Sandy Springs, GA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2013.

Interview Details – The company posted a job opening on an online site and I sent in my resume and received a call the very next day. After talking for about 5 minutes, we setup a face-to-face interview for the following week. I had two in person interviews, and the manager was very friendly and explained how the company worked, what the position looked like, etc.

Interview Question – What are your career goals?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

Interview Details – They ask a lot of questions about your personality, what you did in the past, and what you want to get out of a career. What I liked about the process is that they cared about what you want personally. There's quite a bit of parts to it. There's a part where you do a partial business plan for what you're going to do. There was 5 interviews I went through. At the end of it, I think I got to understand it pretty well, and I'm sure they knew me pretty well too.

Interview Question – How to deal with failures. They'll ask the question and really grind down on that.   Answer Question

Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in March 2012.

Interview Details – I met the rep at a job fair at my school. He contacted me for a phone interview. After the phone interview he contacted me for an in person interview after which he sent me a personality test. I took the personality test and then the rep called me for a in person second interview.

Interview Question – Describe a conflict you have had with a past employer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Because I decided that a job in sales is not for me.

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview is very tedious because this is a Sales position. The company is seeking qualified individuals who are sales people with very specific responsibilities.

Interview Question – How would you descibe yourself?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is primarily a commission based job. You have to sale to get paid and sometimes underwriting determines your paycheck.

Providence, RI

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2011.

Interview Details – The interview took about an hour and consisted on the recruiter telling me about how the management staffs' job was to work centers of influence and then plug and FA in to that market. Then he wen't on to talk a little bit about the pay outs and how they where so much better then all of the competitors in the area.

Interview Question – How do you plan on groiwing your business?   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2008.

Interview Details – this is position to become a financial adviser. It's mostly selling life insurance, disability and long term care and investments. You can also do fee planning.. There is no salary. Everything is commission. There is a lot of support to start your own business which is basically what you are doing. They want to make sure you are good at sales, smart, persistent and hard working.

Interview Question – How would you prospect?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is very little cash.

Exton, PA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MassMutual in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview followed by an in person interview. In person interview consisted of behavioral questions and career goals. Met with CEO same day. People were open and friendly. After one on one inteview, I was asked to take a personality test. Test was followed by a phone call and an offer.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in this company in the next 4 years?   View Answer
  • What do you like about the company?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – No salary.

Interviews for Top Jobs at MassMutual

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MassMutual Financial Advisor interview questions and advice. All 18 interview reviews posted anonymously by MassMutual employees and interview candidates.