MassMutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.4

Financial Advisor Interview

Interview

The interview process was fairly easy because it is a commission based job. The most interactive part of the interview was when manager asked me to fill out 10 questionnaires by asking people what they think about the financial service industry. I found out that these 10 people I asked to fill out the questionnaires would be my potential clients.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I would have difficulty selling my family life insurance.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Not like the typical interview. the manager was mostly chatting with candidates.He called me for an interview after I submit my application online and get a second interview right in the middle of the first one.

Interview Questions

• What business would you like to do if you don't have to worry about the money?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Pittsburgh, PA) in October 2014.

Interview

I spoke with a college recruiter at a career fair we had. They had me fill out a survey and then called to schedule an interview the next business day. When we had the phone interview everything was going fine until they asked for a list of the first five people I would contact to attempt to sell products to if I was hired. When I declined to answer with the names and phone numbers they asked in a more direct manner for that information to which I declined again. When I told them no the second time they ended the interview on the spot.

Interview Questions

• List the name and number of the first five people you would contact to sell products to.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Talked for about 20 minutes with interviewer and then took a 20 minute personality test on computer. It didn't seem like a very good work environment, there were a lot of cubicles where I think I would have worked.

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Melville, NY) in July 2014.

Interview

The company contacted me after they found my resume on Monster.com. I scheduled an interview with their recruiting director, Christina, and the interview took roughly an hour. Christina was very well spoken and conducted the interview as a conversation rather than a formal interview. After I finished the initial interview she scheduled me to speak with the branch manager. This portion of the interview mainly consist of me asking the branch manager questions. Both parties were very informative and did not sugar coat what was expected from the position. The whole process took 1-2 weeks.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual (Sacramento, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Had initial phone interview, about a week or so later got called in for an in-person interview. Talked a lot about his experience, and why he came to Mass Mutual. (Interviewer had previously spent 18 yrs at Northwestern Mutual and I wanted know why he switched over- I had also interviewed with NWM before). Went over resume. Was sent a behavior/personality test afterwards, came back and we went over my results, got more info about company/job details, and decided not to continue since I would have to stay in my current city and I am looking to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What made you want to apply here?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process was very laid back and easy. The recruiter contacted me from a resume I submitted through a job-seeking website for my college. The interviewing process included 3 interviews that were about an hour long each. This is a sales based position, so the recruiter really just asks behavioral questions. I felt that most of the time was spent with the recruiter trying to convince me to take the job.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was in the first interview when he asked me what my questions were right off the bat.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The position is commission based, so there was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual (Orange, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

The interview was very relaxed, not many questions. It was mainly asking if you wanted to do it. Commission based pay. Let me repeat Commission based pay. They seem like they will hire anybody.

Pay can be good if you can sell a lot of plans.

Interview Questions

• Questions were simple. Just a personality test- can you sell something?   1 Answer

Other offers on the table that were more appealing came up.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com on Friday and got a phone interview on Monday. We then set up 1 on 1 interview on Wednesday. The interview lasted for about less than 1 hour. It was just me and recruiter in a meeting room having conversation. I was pretty nervous because i don't really have much formal interview experience. The recruiter is cute and respectful.

Anonymous Employee in Sandy Springs, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Sandy Springs, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

The company posted a job opening on an online site and I sent in my resume and received a call the very next day. After talking for about 5 minutes, we setup a face-to-face interview for the following week. I had two in person interviews, and the manager was very friendly and explained how the company worked, what the position looked like, etc.