MassMutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated Aug 4, 2014

2.5

22 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 months - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

The interview process was very laid back and easy. The recruiter contacted me from a resume I submitted through a job-seeking website for my college. The interviewing process included 3 interviews that were about an hour long each. This is a sales based position, so the recruiter really just asks behavioral questions. I felt that most of the time was spent with the recruiter trying to convince me to take the job.

Interview Questions
  • The most unexpected question was in the first interview when he asked me what my questions were right off the bat.   View Answer
The position is commission based, so there was no negotiation phase.

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2014.

The company contacted me after they found my resume on Monster.com. I scheduled an interview with their recruiting director, Christina, and the interview took roughly an hour. Christina was very well spoken and conducted the interview as a conversation rather than a formal interview. After I finished the initial interview she scheduled me to speak with the branch manager. This portion of the interview mainly consist of me asking the branch manager questions. Both parties were very informative and did not sugar coat what was expected from the position. The whole process took 1-2 weeks.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual.

Talked for about 20 minutes with interviewer and then took a 20 minute personality test on computer. It didn't seem like a very good work environment, there were a lot of cubicles where I think I would have worked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2014.

Had initial phone interview, about a week or so later got called in for an in-person interview. Talked a lot about his experience, and why he came to Mass Mutual. (Interviewer had previously spent 18 yrs at Northwestern Mutual and I wanted know why he switched over- I had also interviewed with NWM before). Went over resume. Was sent a behavior/personality test afterwards, came back and we went over my results, got more info about company/job details, and decided not to continue since I would have to stay in my current city and I am looking to relocate.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What made you want to apply here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2013.

The interview was very relaxed, not many questions. It was mainly asking if you wanted to do it. Commission based pay. Let me repeat Commission based pay. They seem like they will hire anybody.

Pay can be good if you can sell a lot of plans.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were simple. Just a personality test- can you sell something?   View Answer

Other offers on the table that were more appealing came up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at MassMutual in September 2011.

Very lengthy and detailed

Interview Questions
    • can't think of any specific one just that interview did not really reflect what the job was about   Answer Question

Sounded too good to be true and local reputation not positive

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2013.

I applied online through indeed.com on Friday and got a phone interview on Monday. We then set up 1 on 1 interview on Wednesday. The interview lasted for about less than 1 hour. It was just me and recruiter in a meeting room having conversation. I was pretty nervous because i don't really have much formal interview experience. The recruiter is cute and respectful.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sandy Springs, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2013.

The company posted a job opening on an online site and I sent in my resume and received a call the very next day. After talking for about 5 minutes, we setup a face-to-face interview for the following week. I had two in person interviews, and the manager was very friendly and explained how the company worked, what the position looked like, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

They ask a lot of questions about your personality, what you did in the past, and what you want to get out of a career. What I liked about the process is that they cared about what you want personally. There's quite a bit of parts to it. There's a part where you do a partial business plan for what you're going to do. There was 5 interviews I went through. At the end of it, I think I got to understand it pretty well, and I'm sure they knew me pretty well too.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with failures. They'll ask the question and really grind down on that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in March 2012.

I met the rep at a job fair at my school. He contacted me for a phone interview. After the phone interview he contacted me for an in person interview after which he sent me a personality test. I took the personality test and then the rep called me for a in person second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a conflict you have had with a past employer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Because I decided that a job in sales is not for me.

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!