MassMutual Financial Advisor Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2015

2.4

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual in November 2010.

Interview

Capital Financial Group of MassMutual is a good firm with a strong team of financial advisors and planners. The interviewing process was very professional, and I was highly impressed with the team members with whom I met. Although it was not the best option for me at the time, I would refer them to anyone getting into the financial services industry.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual in June 2011.

Interview

Got the interview after visiting the rep from the company during the career fair in college. At the first, it sounded really exciting, They told us that we could make a great fortune out of this. So i interviewed. The interview process was pretty standard just like any other interviews. They tell you what you need to do to become qualified in the company.

Interview Questions

• Have you had any conflicts with your manager or co-workers? How do you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MassMutual (Atlanta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

The interview is very tedious because this is a Sales position. The company is seeking qualified individuals who are sales people with very specific responsibilities.

Interview Questions

• How would you descibe yourself?   1 Answer

Negotiation

This is primarily a commission based job. You have to sale to get paid and sometimes underwriting determines your paycheck.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MassMutual (Sacramento, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

Had initial phone interview, about a week or so later got called in for an in-person interview. Talked a lot about his experience, and why he came to Mass Mutual. (Interviewer had previously spent 18 yrs at Northwestern Mutual and I wanted know why he switched over- I had also interviewed with NWM before). Went over resume. Was sent a behavior/personality test afterwards, came back and we went over my results, got more info about company/job details, and decided not to continue since I would have to stay in my current city and I am looking to relocate.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What made you want to apply here?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

I applied online through indeed.com on Friday and got a phone interview on Monday. We then set up 1 on 1 interview on Wednesday. The interview lasted for about less than 1 hour. It was just me and recruiter in a meeting room having conversation. I was pretty nervous because i don't really have much formal interview experience. The recruiter is cute and respectful.

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Sacramento, CA) in March 2009.

Interview

First I was invited in with other candidates to watch a presentation about the company and the industry. The presentation really drilled into us the importance of personal drive in order to be successful in the job. They sent us away with instructions for taking the skills and personality test at home online. After that I was invited back for a one-on-one interview and later a second interview.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't recall. They were standard interview questions about my background, my interest in the job, my strengths, etc.   Answer Question
    • Standard interview questions about my background, my interest in the job, my strengths, etc.   Answer Question

They were all very nice, knowledgeable, and professional people, but I was looking for a job as a investment and financial advisor, and I felt like they were trying to sell me something else! They were trying to convince me that this job was right for me, but given the monthly quotas on life insurance policies, it was clear to me that I would really be a glorified insurance sales person.

Financial Advisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual in November 2008.

Interview

Typical interview that consisted of two rounds. Basic interview questions more consisting of how you would be able to handle a non-salary job.

Interview Questions

• Could you deal with a non-salary job   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in December 2009.

Interview

Although a decision has yet to be made on their end, it seems they have no problem calling me in to meet new possible colleagues throughout the office. Nothing new arises, I come in, chat it up for an hour and then walk out. They are a very nice young group that I'd love to be a part of. When I first came in they did warn me it was going to be a long, drawn out process.

Interview Questions

• The dreaded "where do you see yourself in 10 years" question was asked.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in May 2008.

Interview

this is position to become a financial adviser. It's mostly selling life insurance, disability and long term care and investments. You can also do fee planning.. There is no salary. Everything is commission. There is a lot of support to start your own business which is basically what you are doing. They want to make sure you are good at sales, smart, persistent and hard working.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there is very little cash.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Boston, MA) in January 2010.

Interview

they called phone interview brought in next day

Interview Questions

• typical questions where do see your self in 5 years   1 Answer

did not like the guy interviewing me