MassMutual

Updated Aug 4, 2014

Average Difficulty
22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Financial Advisor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual in November 2010.

Interview Details – Capital Financial Group of MassMutual is a good firm with a strong team of financial advisors and planners. The interviewing process was very professional, and I was highly impressed with the team members with whom I met. Although it was not the best option for me at the time, I would refer them to anyone getting into the financial services industry.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you?   View Answer

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

Interview Details – They ask a lot of questions about your personality, what you did in the past, and what you want to get out of a career. What I liked about the process is that they cared about what you want personally. There's quite a bit of parts to it. There's a part where you do a partial business plan for what you're going to do. There was 5 interviews I went through. At the end of it, I think I got to understand it pretty well, and I'm sure they knew me pretty well too.

Interview Question – How to deal with failures. They'll ask the question and really grind down on that.   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2008.

Interview Details – this is position to become a financial adviser. It's mostly selling life insurance, disability and long term care and investments. You can also do fee planning.. There is no salary. Everything is commission. There is a lot of support to start your own business which is basically what you are doing. They want to make sure you are good at sales, smart, persistent and hard working.

Interview Question – How would you prospect?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is very little cash.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2009.

Interview Details – They contacted me through email. I met with the Supervisor. She interviewed me for about an hour asking me about my education, experience, and goals. A few days later, I met with the Director. That interview was basically the same as the one with the Supervisor, but was for about two hours. A few days later, I was offered a position.

Interview Question – How many investment and which courses I had taken in my MBA?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at MassMutual in July 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online through indeed.com on Friday and got a phone interview on Monday. We then set up 1 on 1 interview on Wednesday. The interview lasted for about less than 1 hour. It was just me and recruiter in a meeting room having conversation. I was pretty nervous because i don't really have much formal interview experience. The recruiter is cute and respectful.

Interview Questions

Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2014.

Interview Details – Had initial phone interview, about a week or so later got called in for an in-person interview. Talked a lot about his experience, and why he came to Mass Mutual. (Interviewer had previously spent 18 yrs at Northwestern Mutual and I wanted know why he switched over- I had also interviewed with NWM before). Went over resume. Was sent a behavior/personality test afterwards, came back and we went over my results, got more info about company/job details, and decided not to continue since I would have to stay in my current city and I am looking to relocate.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What made you want to apply here?   Answer Question

Atlanta, GA

The process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual in August 2010.

Interview Details – The interview is very tedious because this is a Sales position. The company is seeking qualified individuals who are sales people with very specific responsibilities.

Interview Question – How would you descibe yourself?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – This is primarily a commission based job. You have to sale to get paid and sometimes underwriting determines your paycheck.

Financial Advisor

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2011.

Interview Details – Got the interview after visiting the rep from the company during the career fair in college. At the first, it sounded really exciting, They told us that we could make a great fortune out of this. So i interviewed. The interview process was pretty standard just like any other interviews. They tell you what you need to do to become qualified in the company.

Interview Question – Have you had any conflicts with your manager or co-workers? How do you resolve the conflict?   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MassMutual in March 2009.

Interview Details – First I was invited in with other candidates to watch a presentation about the company and the industry. The presentation really drilled into us the importance of personal drive in order to be successful in the job. They sent us away with instructions for taking the skills and personality test at home online. After that I was invited back for a one-on-one interview and later a second interview.

Interview Questions

• I honestly don't recall. They were standard interview questions about my background, my interest in the job, my strengths, etc.   Answer Question
  • Standard interview questions about my background, my interest in the job, my strengths, etc.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – They were all very nice, knowledgeable, and professional people, but I was looking for a job as a investment and financial advisor, and I felt like they were trying to sell me something else! They were trying to convince me that this job was right for me, but given the monthly quotas on life insurance policies, it was clear to me that I would really be a glorified insurance sales person.

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual in November 2008.

Interview Details – Typical interview that consisted of two rounds. Basic interview questions more consisting of how you would be able to handle a non-salary job.

Interview Question – Could you deal with a non-salary job   View Answer

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!