MassMutual

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.5

25 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual.

Talked for about 20 minutes with interviewer and then took a 20 minute personality test on computer. It didn't seem like a very good work environment, there were a lot of cubicles where I think I would have worked.

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Not like the typical interview. the manager was mostly chatting with candidates.He called me for an interview after I submit my application online and get a second interview right in the middle of the first one.

Interview Questions
    • What business would you like to do if you don't have to worry about the money?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

The interview process was fairly easy because it is a commission based job. The most interactive part of the interview was when manager asked me to fill out 10 questionnaires by asking people what they think about the financial service industry. I found out that these 10 people I asked to fill out the questionnaires would be my potential clients.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I would have difficulty selling my family life insurance.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

The interview process was very laid back and easy. The recruiter contacted me from a resume I submitted through a job-seeking website for my college. The interviewing process included 3 interviews that were about an hour long each. This is a sales based position, so the recruiter really just asks behavioral questions. I felt that most of the time was spent with the recruiter trying to convince me to take the job.

Interview Questions
    • The most unexpected question was in the first interview when he asked me what my questions were right off the bat.   View Answer
    The position is commission based, so there was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual in October 2013.

The interview was very relaxed, not many questions. It was mainly asking if you wanted to do it. Commission based pay. Let me repeat Commission based pay. They seem like they will hire anybody.

Pay can be good if you can sell a lot of plans.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were simple. Just a personality test- can you sell something?   View Answer

Other offers on the table that were more appealing came up.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2010.

Applied online and interviewed for a few minutes with a representative. That same representative asked me to come in to MassMutual's office here locally and talk further. After everything was complete, I was asked to think about the position, look over the material presented, and if I thought it would be a good fit I could continue on with the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Exton, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in April 2010.

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. In person interview consisted of behavioral questions and career goals. Met with CEO same day. People were open and friendly. After one on one inteview, I was asked to take a personality test. Test was followed by a phone call and an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in this company in the next 4 years?   View Answer
    • What do you like about the company?   View Answer

No salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Providence, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2011.

The interview took about an hour and consisted on the recruiter telling me about how the management staffs' job was to work centers of influence and then plug and FA in to that market. Then he wen't on to talk a little bit about the pay outs and how they where so much better then all of the competitors in the area.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan on groiwing your business?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in March 2012.

I met the rep at a job fair at my school. He contacted me for a phone interview. After the phone interview he contacted me for an in person interview after which he sent me a personality test. I took the personality test and then the rep called me for a in person second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a conflict you have had with a past employer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Because I decided that a job in sales is not for me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sandy Springs, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in June 2013.

The company posted a job opening on an online site and I sent in my resume and received a call the very next day. After talking for about 5 minutes, we setup a face-to-face interview for the following week. I had two in person interviews, and the manager was very friendly and explained how the company worked, what the position looked like, etc.