MassMutual

Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA
Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in March 2012.

I met the rep at a job fair at my school. He contacted me for a phone interview. After the phone interview he contacted me for an in person interview after which he sent me a personality test. I took the personality test and then the rep called me for a in person second interview.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a conflict you have had with a past employer and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Because I decided that a job in sales is not for me.

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
    Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MassMutual in September 2011.

Very lengthy and detailed

Interview Questions
    • can't think of any specific one just that interview did not really reflect what the job was about   Answer Question

Sounded too good to be true and local reputation not positive

Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI
    Anonymous Employee in Providence, RI

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2011.

The interview took about an hour and consisted on the recruiter telling me about how the management staffs' job was to work centers of influence and then plug and FA in to that market. Then he wen't on to talk a little bit about the pay outs and how they where so much better then all of the competitors in the area.

Interview Questions
    • How do you plan on groiwing your business?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual in August 2010.

The interview is very tedious because this is a Sales position. The company is seeking qualified individuals who are sales people with very specific responsibilities.

Interview Questions
    This is primarily a commission based job. You have to sale to get paid and sometimes underwriting determines your paycheck.

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in April 2010.

Phone interview followed by an in person interview. In person interview consisted of behavioral questions and career goals. Met with CEO same day. People were open and friendly. After one on one inteview, I was asked to take a personality test. Test was followed by a phone call and an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in this company in the next 4 years?   View Answer
    • What do you like about the company?   View Answer

No salary.

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2010.

they called phone interview brought in next day

Interview Questions
    • typical questions where do see your self in 5 years   View Answer

did not like the guy interviewing me

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2010.

Applied online and interviewed for a few minutes with a representative. That same representative asked me to come in to MassMutual's office here locally and talk further. After everything was complete, I was asked to think about the position, look over the material presented, and if I thought it would be a good fit I could continue on with the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in December 2009.

Although a decision has yet to be made on their end, it seems they have no problem calling me in to meet new possible colleagues throughout the office. Nothing new arises, I come in, chat it up for an hour and then walk out. They are a very nice young group that I'd love to be a part of. When I first came in they did warn me it was going to be a long, drawn out process.

Interview Questions
    • The dreaded "where do you see yourself in 10 years" question was asked.   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in March 2009.

First I was invited in with other candidates to watch a presentation about the company and the industry. The presentation really drilled into us the importance of personal drive in order to be successful in the job. They sent us away with instructions for taking the skills and personality test at home online. After that I was invited back for a one-on-one interview and later a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • I honestly don't recall. They were standard interview questions about my background, my interest in the job, my strengths, etc.   Answer Question
    • Standard interview questions about my background, my interest in the job, my strengths, etc.   Answer Question

They were all very nice, knowledgeable, and professional people, but I was looking for a job as a investment and financial advisor, and I felt like they were trying to sell me something else! They were trying to convince me that this job was right for me, but given the monthly quotas on life insurance policies, it was clear to me that I would really be a glorified insurance sales person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in May 2008.

this is position to become a financial adviser. It's mostly selling life insurance, disability and long term care and investments. You can also do fee planning.. There is no salary. Everything is commission. There is a lot of support to start your own business which is basically what you are doing. They want to make sure you are good at sales, smart, persistent and hard working.

Interview Questions
    there is very little cash.