MassMutual

Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Financial Services Professional Interview

2 interviews; office manager found my resume on indeed.com and was interested in me. Round were in-person and easy. Just be yourself and be confident. You do not need to have any experience, just the willingness to learn and grow.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone and how did you make them see your point of view?   Answer Question

Recent college graduate that had multiple interviews for other companies at the same time. Also, this job is solely commission.

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Initially I was contacted via LinkedIn. From there I went into the office for a face to face interview with a sales manager. After that there was a second interview where i met with other administrative staffers to assess my personality/suitability. The final interview was with the Agency President. During this meeting I presented a marketing plan as well as a vision statement.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult aspect was constructing a marketing strategy.   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MassMutual in May 2014.

Applied online and was contacted within 2 weeks. I came in for a face to face interview and it was more of me interviewing the employer. I came in again for a second interview and it was basically like I already had the job we just reviewed how commission would go.

No negotiation. 100% commission

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MassMutual.

Very easy!

Interview Questions
    Everyone starts out with the same commissions.

Financial Services Professional Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Apply. Interview. get a yes or no. Simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual.

Applied online, Was asked to attend WebEx, called into office for a first round interview, then asked for a second round interview

Interview Questions
    • First interview round is mainly to get to know the candidate better on a more personal and career goals setting   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in November 2012.

Seemed very different from others. Only 3 interviews all less than 30 minutes of the company promoting themselves. No phone interview, no IQ test, only personality test and background check.

Seems like a great company but I received an offer from my dream job.

Financial Service Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in June 2011.

They had me come in for multiple interviews/appointments over the course of a month. We had discussions and talks which were basically to judge my character and make sure I was personable and able to prospect for potential clients.

Interview Questions
    • What makes you think you will be able to survive in this tough business?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2011.

Went in and met with recruiting director who told me about the job and pay structure. was sent a personality test to take online which basically evaluated if you were a good fit for a sales job. Got called in for a second interview with a senior person who spoke more in depth about the job and about selling insurance. they wanted me to complete a spreadsheet about potential leads for myself based on my network and ask people what they thought about financial advisors/insurance sales. Said I would be back for a 3rd interview the following week which we set up at the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions
    • what do you think about insurance salesmen?   View Answer

didn't want to sell linsurance

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in June 2010.

Submitted my Resume to a current agent. He forwarded it to the agency recruiter. He contacted me to take an online aptitude test, then interviewed with him for 2 hours. Interviewed with the sales manager, then with the general agent.. Had to pass a background check and credit check as well as obtain Life Insurance License at my own cost.

Zero negotiation.