MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.4

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in January 2008.

Interview

Start off with a phone interview to get to know the person. 1st interview is a general getting to know each other interview. 2nd interview they go in much more detail as for my background and goals. 3rd interview will be a presentation and some business planning discussion. 4th interview is a more in depth interview

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in June 2011.

Interview

Received a call from a recruiter and conducted a phone interview the next day. After phone interview was asked to a 1:1 meeting with recruiter. After 1:1 meeting, asked to take Personality test, conduct a Market Inventory Survey and Watering Hole/Hangout survey. Asked to 3rd interview and met with Hiring Manager/Recruiter.

Interview Questions

• What was a challenging situation you had with a customer?   Answer Question

Felt very uneasy about a purely commission-based position.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

There were 5 interviews I went through. Here's how it went. Phone Interview: They asked me a bunch of questions about why I wanted to be in this industry. They gave me some information about the position. What they did. How a day is like as an advisor. Pretty informative discussion. 1st Interview. They dug in about what I did in the past and what my skills were like. Talked about what my plans were and found out more about the business. I got much more information at this interview too. I liked how they were detailed about the questions, yet very helpful with answering mine too. Very straight forward. They didn't dance around with what i wanted to know. 2nd Interview. Questions were harder. Got to know each other much more. At this point I felt like it was a really good fit for me because I knew what I was getting into. 3rd Interview. I was to do a business plan for this career. Took a lot of time, but it was really good. Made me learn about what I was getting into and more about myself. Made me visualize this industry a lot better. Really glad I did it not just for the interview but for myself too. 4th Interview. Probably the deepest interview in regards to getting to know my life. Business and personal stuff. Talked about what made me who I am today. Talked about what I wanted in the future. Got to really know more about the company. Felt really good about it.

Interview Questions

• Asking about my business plan for my future. Thought it might be easy to answer, but I never interviewed at a place where they cared about my personal lifestyle too. Too me I was thrown off, but I liked the fact that they cared about what my life goals were.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Saint Louis, MO) in June 2008.

Interview

The interview process went pretty much as expected. Everyone was very helpful and always professional. I meet a representative at a Career Fair not knowing if I would be interested in the industry and thought I might as well give it a shot. Ended up being more of a sales job, however it looked like a great company to work for if you intend to be in the financial industry.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any connections in the geographic area?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a situation where you had to learn something new in a short time. How did you do this?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Atlanta, GA) in February 2014.

Interview

There are three interviews. The first interview be prepared to ask of the questions. The second interview is more formal. The interviewer will dig deeper to ensure you understand what type of job your are applying for and if you are a good fit. The third interview is a career presentation

Interview Questions

• None, because you structured the interview for the most part. I was required to do an assignment at the end to get me familiar with networking with strangers.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview. They just want to make sure that you have some desire to sell their products.

Negotiation

Not much to negotiate. Your salary will be dependent on how much you sell.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Saint Louis, MO) in February 2015.

Interview

Interview Process was great. The first interview was a casual conversation over the phone. At the end of the interview they gave me a homework assignment which is similar to what I would be doing with the job. The second interview they did really well with educating me on everything that i needed to know about the job before I a made a decision. It was all very smooth and they did a great job in the interview process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It is 1 to 1 interview, the person is very nice. Need introduce yourself first, then Just few questions such as when have you been in America. Just feel relax. If you don't know the answer of the question, it's OK. They won't give you difficult questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newport Beach, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual (Newport Beach, CA).

Interview

I had a phone interview with-in a few days of submitting my resume. Simple questions, getting to know you. Then scheduled an in-person interview. Nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected durring the process. Told me I needed to complete a personality test online and if I passed, then I would be called back for a 3rd and 4th interview. I did not pass the personality test. Not sure if I would have accepted the offer, seemed to heavy on commission and sales and how many contacts I have in the area.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Very easy interview process. This is a commission based sales position. All they are interested in is if you have basic math skills and if you are easy enough to be trained to make a sale. They would also want to know that you are very social and have plenty of contacts. The down side is that they dont pay until you get your licences which could be anywhere between 6-26 weeks. You have to pay for the study materials and the fees (about $ 250) and they reimburse you after you become a full time FPA.