MassMutual Financial Services Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 29, 2015

2.4

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

Interview process was broke into two parts . Two face to face interviews, followed by personality tests. Once the tests were taken a Sales Manager contacted myself to discuss this test.

Interview Questions

• Most Difficult part of the interview was filling an excel sheet with 200 people. This would be your market you would contact the first few weeks working for MassMutual   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Interview

Normal interview questions about why you think you will succeed as a rep. Have to consent to a background check and credit check before being hired.

First exposure was a group setting in which the agency recruiter gave a presentation. From there, I had a one on one interview a week later. I then met the sales manager for an interview and was then offered a position.

Negotiation

No negotiation - 100% commission job

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MassMutual (Pasadena, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very simple interview, the first interview it focuses on getting to know you and taking a personality exam. The second interview they talk to you about the project 200 an the expectation that you will be calling them in regard to making sales. The third and last interview focuses on compensation and I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable selling to friends and family   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very straightforward relaxed interview. They really just ask if you have any questions. They will give you the job, they want someone who has connections and doesn't mind not getting paid for a few months while they develop their network.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Farmingdale, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

2 interview process which consists of the interviewer asking about your background and your experience in the industry. The process was easy. The interviewer was very easy to speak to and informative as to what was needed to be successful

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Services Representative () Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pompano Beach, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual (Pompano Beach, FL) in January 2011.

Interview

There was an in person meeting at a on campus career fair followed by a meeting with the agent in charge of the office. Both processes were kept short. The interview with the agent in charge of the office was extremely brief because he produced (I believe he did quite well). Overall the interview was exceptionally simple. They may have wanted people more than people may have wanted them. Commission only, just like the regular agents.

Interview Questions

• What is your response to how most people view the insurance industry?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Conway, AR) in December 2014.

Interview

I went in for my initial interview and spent most of my time just getting to know the interviewer. For the most part he just went over the structure of the company and how he came to work for them. He showed me how rep's get paid and we spoke in length about how profitable this industry can be. After that, I was called back for a second interview. It was then that I was offered the position.

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA).

Interview

The entire interview was very easy. Basically if you are a likeable person and can pass through all of the behavioral interviews, you'll get it. The clincher is whether or not you have an established "natural" market in the bay area. You will need to bring in a book of about 200 people you can call. You will need their address, phone number, email, salary, life status, etc.... After that, you ask for referrals. Basically it's a ponzi scheme. If you're okay pushing and selling life insurance to your friends and friends' friends, go for it.
    The base bay is 18,000 for the first year. After that, its purely commission basis.

Didn't feel comfortable bringing a book of information that many spammers would kill for. In addition, you won't learn much for the first year or so. Their training seemed to be all about memorizing a script.

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2014.

Interview

A local agency partner found my resume that I posted on an internet job board and called me. The initial correspondence of a phone call and subsequent text messages were a bit unusual to me (who has no experience in sales). Fresh out of college with my masters, I decided to come in and speak the MassMutual agent. Mostly, the MassMutual agent spoke about how the firm uses the software LEAP and he wants me to sell this product. The agent seemed very excited about this new program (LEAP, which is a multifaceted cash flow manager) and tells me all the great shining things about the products, company, and opportunities (I'd be making a lot of money -- he just didn't say when I would be making that money. Plus, all commission based pay) - rough sledding for a recent college grad with some to pay for a student loan. This informational interview proceeded for about an hour. Overall, I perceived the local agent as a person that is not a greedy insurance peddler, but I only had one meeting. I was offered to start right away.

Interview Questions

• Very unorthodox meeting (wouldn't even call it an interview). Basically, I was given a brief tutorial about the software and was given tutorial of the agency philosophy. Then, I was asked my thoughts and what did I expect.   Answer Question

As a graduate student, I had only been out on the market for two weeks, and I was hesitant to take a commission based salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lexington-Fayette, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MassMutual (Lexington-Fayette, KY) in August 2013.

Interview

Set up with the office administrator. I had two interviews with one of the two sales managers in the office. The first was a basic interview with generic questions, the second was more oriented towards explaining how the company works and giving me a tour of the office. The pay structure was also explained at the second interview, although it sounded much better than it is in reality.

Interview Questions

• There were really no difficult questions. The standard questions from any interview were there, such as "where do you see yourself in five years?", etc. In addition, I was given the link to a survey to take that ranks my potential sales ability on a scale of 1-5, with 5 showing great potential as a salesman and 1 implying that maybe you should look for another job. Although the manager said they don't choose to hire or not solely based on that survey, it apparently is given some weight.   Answer Question