MassMutual

Getting the Interview

19 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Newport Beach, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with-in a few days of submitting my resume. Simple questions, getting to know you. Then scheduled an in-person interview. Nothing out of the ordinary or unexpected durring the process. Told me I needed to complete a personality test online and if I passed, then I would be called back for a 3rd and 4th interview. I did not pass the personality test. Not sure if I would have accepted the offer, seemed to heavy on commission and sales and how many contacts I have in the area.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected for the in person interview   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2008.

Interview Details – Start off with a phone interview to get to know the person. 1st interview is a general getting to know each other interview. 2nd interview they go in much more detail as for my background and goals. 3rd interview will be a presentation and some business planning discussion. 4th interview is a more in depth interview

Interview Question – why do i want to get into an entrepreneurial position   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in August 2011.

Interview Details – Pretty straight forward phone interview asking about your interest in MassMutual followed by a basic interview reviewing your background and the ways things work at MM. 2nd interview goes more in depth about how things actually work and how you rope clients in with the Recruiter. Declined the third interview with a manager.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Uncomfortable with hugely commission based job and having to constantly be looking to bring in clients.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2011.

Interview Details – Received a call from a recruiter and conducted a phone interview the next day. After phone interview was asked to a 1:1 meeting with recruiter. After 1:1 meeting, asked to take Personality test, conduct a Market Inventory Survey and Watering Hole/Hangout survey. Asked to 3rd interview and met with Hiring Manager/Recruiter.

Interview Question – What was a challenging situation you had with a customer?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Felt very uneasy about a purely commission-based position.

Austin, TX

The process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in February 2011.

Interview Details – Met with hiring manage, interview lasted a little more than an hour. Explained how to job worked either got $30,000 base + 50% commission or no base salary and 90% commission of your sales. Not sure about sales positions myself, they make me a little nervous but I thought it might be worth a try. You only receive a small stipend for the 2 week training that you have to attend in San Antonio, TX that doesn't even cover your food for the time so the rest is out of your own pocket. No compensation for mileage or cell phone either.

Interview Question – Why did you choose to attend (your University)?   Answer Question

Saint Louis, MO

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process went pretty much as expected. Everyone was very helpful and always professional. I meet a representative at a Career Fair not knowing if I would be interested in the industry and thought I might as well give it a shot. Ended up being more of a sales job, however it looked like a great company to work for if you intend to be in the financial industry.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any connections in the geographic area?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a situation where you had to learn something new in a short time. How did you do this?   View Answer

Financial Services Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – Very easy interview process. This is a commission based sales position. All they are interested in is if you have basic math skills and if you are easy enough to be trained to make a sale. They would also want to know that you are very social and have plenty of contacts. The down side is that they dont pay until you get your licences which could be anywhere between 6-26 weeks. You have to pay for the study materials and the fees (about $ 250) and they reimburse you after you become a full time FPA.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2012.

Interview Details – The Interview was relaxed, important key is to show confidence even if you have no sales experience. Show your ability to learn and excel in sales through various activities you have done in the past. Be confident and present yourself in a outgoing way. Mass Mutual focuses on maintaining long lasting relationships and keeping clients with the company for all financial needs. Do your research on the company and brush up on your communication skills and you should be fine.

Interview Question – What motivates you?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative

The process took 2 days - interviewed at MassMutual in March 2011.

Interview Details – The interview is a two step process: first, a one on one interview with the recruiter followed by an online personality test, and second, a one on one interview with the sales manager. The interview is straight forward and professional. They are very clear about the challenging nature of a job as an insurance salesman, especially for a recent college graduate who most likely does not have a large client base, which is an essential part of the job.

Interviews for Top Jobs at MassMutual