MassMutual

Updated Nov 14, 2014

2.5

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Interview was with a subsidy of MassMutual in Atlanta. It went well, relatively simple questions. I only interviewed with one individual. Lasted 40 minutes at most. The office was impressive but I turned down position. Unpaid

unpaid

Other Interview Reviews for MassMutual

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Applied through my school's career website. Contacted by recruiter about a week later. Setup an initial interview. I was then moved on to 2 more interviews and was offered the internship. Came in and signed the intern contract. Questions were nothing unexpected. A few situational interviews and asked about my background. I took the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in September 2014.

Recruiter contacted me via phone, scheduled interview for next week. The interview questions were read from a packet which was filled out by the interviewer. Standard questions about resume, some unexpected.

Interview Questions

I wasn't comfortable with the weekly stipend as a means of compensation as it put too much pressure on selling products to prospective customers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in May 2014.

I serendipitously connected with a mutual friend who closely works with a top-producing adviser. He badgered me for 3-4 months while I was in my last academic year at a CSU to consider a "position" at a financial services firm with which he was contracted. I agreed to meet with the senior partner at a office headquarters for the initial meeting. The meeting lasted for over 30 minutes. The senior partner got to know me, and I became familiarized with MassMutual dynamics. We followed up with a 2nd interview a week or two later. He was happy to endorse me, and set me up with a meeting between myself and my sales manager. I was offered a contract 3 weeks from the initial meeting with the senior partner.

Non-negotiable

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

3 very informal interviews; they just wanted to know how well I knew the area and how many names and phone numbers I could potentially add to their prospect list.

Interview Questions

40 hour weeks, unpaid, selling insurance sounded unpleasant.

Intern Interview

– Came in for a 1:1 interview with recruiter, very friendly, went over resume and asked standard questions. There were two additional online tests sandwiched around the interview, a 45 minute test with some IQ type questions and a second test that simulated the customer service cal center position. Second interview consisted of overview of job with other candidates and then a ~30 min interview with two hiring managers. Mood was professional but relaxed

Interview Questions
    • Nick, what style or method do you manage your personal office surroundings ... Guy was real Neat Freak..   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in May 2012.

Two interviews. First was technical but not to hard. Asked about past work experience and responsibilities. Second was more behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult team member.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in July 2010.

The interview was relaxed. The interviewer asked basic behavioral questions and why I wanted to intern for the company.