MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Aug 31, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at MassMutual (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Was contacted a few hours after submitting my resume and asked to come in for an interview the following day. I was impressed with the professionalism of the office where I attended my interview. Met with a manager who was very cordial and asked the usual questions you might expect for an initial interview. Overall, a very good interview experience.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Minneapolis, MN).

Interview

Four part interview. Phone, 1 on 1, potential clientel list, offer. Long process. Also, have to pass exams. Overall it is a pretty easy interview process. It just took a couple weeks since I was still finishing school at the time.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MassMutual in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process does not seems professional. The interviewer ask what I am going to do over the weekend, and there are constant pasue at their end. It take a while for her to go into the interview. Overall, the later interview went on just ok, but I was stumble at the beginning so everything go down hill from there.

DI Claim Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by the recruiter, had a brief discussion with her and then was given a face to face interview with management. I was called back for a second interview with a director and AVP.

Interview Questions

• The questions were mostly situational and there was also an online assessment that took about an hour. the assessment consisted of behavioral situations, spelling and math and parts of it were challenging.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA) in July 2015.

Interview

It is 1 to 1 interview, the person is very nice. Need introduce yourself first, then Just few questions such as when have you been in America. Just feel relax. If you don't know the answer of the question, it's OK. They won't give you difficult questions.

Insurance Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

I was given the interview as an employee referral. The interviewer was very nice throughout the whole process. Entering the interview I didn't even have my resume nor had he seen it, this didn't change much. I believe that they care more about the person they are interviewing and how you can help each other.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth, applied for the internship online and heard back very quickly. Scheduled an interview for the following week and got the position. Very Good. Would recommend to any other person.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in May 2015.

Interview

The process is very slow at MassMutual. They seem to want you to talk to everyone so it takes a long time to complete the process. In the mean time, what the hiring manager or his boss wants changed. Not sure the PMO has worked out all of what they are really looking for and how to structure the interviews and on boarding. Some behavioral interview questions were included about risk management and dealing with the project team.

Interview Questions

• Describe that largest project you have managed, how many people on the team, what was the cost?   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at MassMutual in April 2015.

Interview

I was told it was a 4 interview process. First interview via phone, then to get a second interview you needed to take a personality test. Normally I'd expect MBTI or something of the sort, but it was around 160 questions in groups of 10 asking you to rate how much of a certain trait you are such as "hard working". Humorously, these groups of 10 were more or less the same, just with synonyms. After that there were actual questions like if I am annoyed by salespeople and things like that. Overall it made me feel like they wanted someone who thinks telemarketers are good people. In the phone interview I asked what the biggest thing they look for in an employee and was told "someone with a lot of connections to sell to". It seemed to me they're more interested in hiring a person for who they know rather than what they know.

Interview Questions

• Do you feel annoyed when salespeople call you at home? (from the personality test)   1 Answer

Actuarial Student Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

Submitted my resume to a recruiter. Was contacted directly for an onsite interview. Spent a day at the headquarters. Had four interviews, a lunch break and a tour with current students in the program. Interviewers ranged from senior-level actuaries to actuarial students. Everyone was nice and friendly. Most interviews were not very formal. I ended up talking about insurance products and extracurricular activities with some of the interviewers. I heard from the HR a few business days after the interview.