MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Sep 15, 2014
Updated Sep 15, 2014

2.6

Financial Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at MassMutual in October 2009.

Seemed to be reading of a script in the office. I ended up feeling empty after the interview was completed. I will not pursue this any further

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at MassMutual.

Was contacted by a recruiter and had an initial interview with him. 2nd interview was with two different directors. One was not in a good mood and the interview did not go as well as it could have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2011.

Received a call from a recruiter and conducted a phone interview the next day. After phone interview was asked to a 1:1 meeting with recruiter. After 1:1 meeting, asked to take Personality test, conduct a Market Inventory Survey and Watering Hole/Hangout survey. Asked to 3rd interview and met with Hiring Manager/Recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • What was a challenging situation you had with a customer?   Answer Question

Felt very uneasy about a purely commission-based position.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual in November 2010.

Capital Financial Group of MassMutual is a good firm with a strong team of financial advisors and planners. The interviewing process was very professional, and I was highly impressed with the team members with whom I met. Although it was not the best option for me at the time, I would refer them to anyone getting into the financial services industry.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Portland, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Initially I was contacted via LinkedIn. From there I went into the office for a face to face interview with a sales manager. After that there was a second interview where i met with other administrative staffers to assess my personality/suitability. The final interview was with the Agency President. During this meeting I presented a marketing plan as well as a vision statement.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult aspect was constructing a marketing strategy.   Answer Question

Audit Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months - interviewed at MassMutual.

I went through two sets of interview, one with the actual team which includes business and IT auditors and the second interview is with senior management team. The interview is 4 hours for each interview. It takes about a 4 to 6 weeks to make final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I give this job to you, when I have similar or stronger candidate.
      Lot of business case and technical scenario questions.
        Answer Question
    The negotiation phase takes about 2 to 3 weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in September 2011.

There were 5 interviews I went through. Here's how it went.
    Phone Interview: They asked me a bunch of questions about why I wanted to be in this industry. They gave me some information about the position. What they did. How a day is like as an advisor. Pretty informative discussion.
    1st Interview. They dug in about what I did in the past and what my skills were like. Talked about what my plans were and found out more about the business. I got much more information at this interview too. I liked how they were detailed about the questions, yet very helpful with answering mine too. Very straight forward. They didn't dance around with what i wanted to know.
    2nd Interview. Questions were harder. Got to know each other much more. At this point I felt like it was a really good fit for me because I knew what I was getting into.
    3rd Interview. I was to do a business plan for this career. Took a lot of time, but it was really good. Made me learn about what I was getting into and more about myself. Made me visualize this industry a lot better. Really glad I did it not just for the interview but for myself too.
    4th Interview. Probably the deepest interview in regards to getting to know my life. Business and personal stuff. Talked about what made me who I am today. Talked about what I wanted in the future. Got to really know more about the company. Felt really good about it.

Interview Questions
    • Asking about my business plan for my future. Thought it might be easy to answer, but I never interviewed at a place where they cared about my personal lifestyle too. Too me I was thrown off, but I liked the fact that they cared about what my life goals were.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

They ask a lot of questions about your personality, what you did in the past, and what you want to get out of a career. What I liked about the process is that they cared about what you want personally. There's quite a bit of parts to it. There's a part where you do a partial business plan for what you're going to do. There was 5 interviews I went through. At the end of it, I think I got to understand it pretty well, and I'm sure they knew me pretty well too.

Interview Questions
    • How to deal with failures. They'll ask the question and really grind down on that.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2008.

Start off with a phone interview to get to know the person. 1st interview is a general getting to know each other interview. 2nd interview they go in much more detail as for my background and goals. 3rd interview will be a presentation and some business planning discussion. 4th interview is a more in depth interview

Financial Services Professional Interview

The process took 3 days - interviewed at MassMutual in August 2009.

Very streamlined and up front.

Interview Questions

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!