MassMutual

Average Difficulty
132 candidate interviews

Financial Services Representative Interview

Financial Services Representative

I applied through college or university and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2014.

Interview Details – I met a recruiter at a university career fair, he asked for my resume and contacted me a few weeks later. We interviewed at the university then later a couple of times at the office. The interviews were mainly to check for the right personality type. There was also a market survey process that was less stringent that the competitor Northwestern Mutual's. I recommend that if you do not enjoy the market survey 100%, do not take the job. The surveys should literally be the easiest thing in the world. If they stress you out at all, go do something else. Seriously.

Interview Question – What does the term "financial" mean to you?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – The office was located in a suburb, and I preferred to work in the city (I got another offer from a competitor in the city)

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – Talked for about 20 minutes with interviewer and then took a 20 minute personality test on computer. It didn't seem like a very good work environment, there were a lot of cubicles where I think I would have worked.

Interview Question – Three good/bad traits   Answer Question

Recruiting Assistant Interview

Recruiting Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in April 2013.

Interview Details – I was introduced to the Head Recruiter at a career fair and sparked up some great conversation. After some initial interest, I was told to email my resume for the position. About a 1-2 weeks later I heard back from the recruiter and has a simple phone interview. A couple days later I was offered the position and accepted.

Interview Question – Why do I want this job?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Associate Interview

Insurance Sales Associate

Interviewed at MassMutual

Interview Details – Recruiter called after a distant relative gave them my name. They called, I came in. The experience itself was a bit odd--the recruiter seemed like a nice guy, but honestly a bit "showy." Made MassMutual seem like the biggest dream job there ever was. Told me I could get rich. That kind of stuff. Not a terrible experience, but I just realized during my interview that the culture wasn't for me.

Interview Question – Nothing too unexpected; although he was clearly probing me to see how many contacts they could use to try and sell insurance to.   Answer Question

Career Agent Interview

Career Agent
Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at MassMutual in June 2013.

Interview Details – Three interviews were required for the position. The expectation was that the applicant was sophisticated enough to wear full business dress, have a sense of social propriety, and be dignified and respectful. Sales and financial planning/advising experience was mandatory, although it wasn't so indicated in print or in the discussion. It quickly became apparent that management was looking for professionalism and good connections within the local community.

Interview Question – "Whom do you know that will aid you in getting a quick start in building your practice?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation. Employee contract and working agreements were presented and signatures expected without explanation. Copies were promised but not received. When requested, copies were made and delivered.

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

Interview Details – Thorough interview process, was interviewed by several senior managers, and was able to get a sense of the organization. Was impressed by principal interviewer who stayed with me the entire time.

Interview Question – What were my career aspirations. This was difficult as I was coming in as a contractor, and felt that I could do each one of their jobs....   View Answer

Intern (Assistant) Interview

Intern (Assistant)
Seattle, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual in April 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interviewed followed with an on-site one, meeting directly with the hiring manager and lasted about 30min before being introduced in great detail of the operations. Mostly behavioral interview about past experience dealing with customers. Expect some training after the hiring process.

Interview Question – What do you see about the current market? Do you have any financial investments?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Phoenix, AZ

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – Was contacted by a recruiter and had an initial interview with him. 2nd interview was with two different directors. One was not in a good mood and the interview did not go as well as it could have.

Interview Question – Why MassMutual?   Answer Question

Financial Services Professional Interview

Financial Services Professional
Portland, OR

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at MassMutual.

Interview Details – Initially I was contacted via LinkedIn. From there I went into the office for a face to face interview with a sales manager. After that there was a second interview where i met with other administrative staffers to assess my personality/suitability. The final interview was with the Agency President. During this meeting I presented a marketing plan as well as a vision statement.

Interview Question – The most difficult aspect was constructing a marketing strategy.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

Financial Advisor
Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university - interviewed at MassMutual in May 2014.

Interview Details – Had initial phone interview, about a week or so later got called in for an in-person interview. Talked a lot about his experience, and why he came to Mass Mutual. (Interviewer had previously spent 18 yrs at Northwestern Mutual and I wanted know why he switched over- I had also interviewed with NWM before). Went over resume. Was sent a behavior/personality test afterwards, came back and we went over my results, got more info about company/job details, and decided not to continue since I would have to stay in my current city and I am looking to relocate.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What made you want to apply here?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at MassMutual

Worked for MassMutual? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at MassMutual interview questions and advice. All 132 interview reviews posted anonymously by MassMutual employees and interview candidates.