MassMutual

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.5

Data Science Interview

If was fairly easy because it was a right after college interview. General questions were asked and mostly the interviewer talked about what work he did for the company and how new hirea would fit in.
    Then he asked me about my background and my interests. This was just the preliminary interview before the application was submitted

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual.

It all starts off with a 20 minute phone interview where he/she discusses the position and skims over your resume. You explain why you're interested and ask general questions. After this, you maintain an email correspondence for a couple of weeks. Along the way you may be called by other members who are in charge of hiring. Brief 1:1 interview after 3 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think you can offer this company?   View Answer

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in March 2013.

Came in for an interview, they have contacted me by text message, which i thought it was weird. Anyways, did the interview, they have offered me the job, and said they would call to make the detail arrangements....more than months passed by and they haven't called nor answer a message. Thought it was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something about you that you consider to be a victory of yours.   Answer Question
    During the interview, he said he would like to offer me a job, if i accepted - it was a part-time summer job; said he would call to get all my documents and schedule a meeting with his partner, and have never called...

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Pittsburgh, PA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2014.

I spoke with a college recruiter at a career fair we had. They had me fill out a survey and then called to schedule an interview the next business day. When we had the phone interview everything was going fine until they asked for a list of the first five people I would contact to attempt to sell products to if I was hired. When I declined to answer with the names and phone numbers they asked in a more direct manner for that information to which I declined again. When I told them no the second time they ended the interview on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • List the name and number of the first five people you would contact to sell products to.   Answer Question

Associate Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MassMutual in October 2014.

It was a two-on-one interview. Brought resumes to the interview. One of the branch managers glanced over it and began with a scripted line of questions, followed by a small presentation of company stats. Obvious from the get-go that this was going to be a sales position. Huge emphasis on pushing insurance rather than security-related products. The direction is very much self-dependent on generating your own book of business outside of "their training" which mainly consists of Sandler.com stuff as well as some Brian Morgan sales literature. From the looks of it they are mainly reaching out to a clientele that is more middle-income. Interview was followed up by a psych test which tried to goad if you knew a lot of people. The process was smooth, timely, great office, just very sales intensive.

Interview Questions
    • List 4 things that you want from a job?   View Answer

No salary.

Actuarial Student Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2014.

Interviewer was a person who had previously gone through the same actuarial student process. Started off with standard questions about resume, then moved on to behavioral questions and finally on to some technical questions. The setting was fairly informal and friendly. Unfortunately they take a very long time to get back in touch, over 3 weeks before I heard either way

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you resolved a disagreement in a group situation.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview was with a subsidy of MassMutual in Atlanta. It went well, relatively simple questions. I only interviewed with one individual. Lasted 40 minutes at most. The office was impressive but I turned down position. Unpaid

unpaid

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Normal interview questions about why you think you will succeed as a rep. Have to consent to a background check and credit check before being hired.

First exposure was a group setting in which the agency recruiter gave a presentation. From there, I had a one on one interview a week later. I then met the sales manager for an interview and was then offered a position.

No negotiation - 100% commission job

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

After applying on careerbuilder, I received a call from their recruiter to come in for an interview. He said I seemed like a good fit. Scheduled second interview, met with head agent and director of training and was sent home with a homework assignment to practice contacting friends and family to prospect. I called in to reject offer and was hung up on.

Interview Questions

No base salary. Pay is all commission.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Found the job through a recruiting agency that presented me to Mass Mutual. This was a contract to perm offer. I had a sequence of two phone interviews that asked about my technical background and experience. They appeared mostly interested in my application experience and less so about my technical background. They hired me over the phone at the end of the second phone call, which was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I had experience with hierarchical sales structures. Coincidentally, I had a few experiences with similar agent marketing structures. That might have been what landed the job. There were zero technical questions by the agency or Mass Mutual. This might depend on the department you apply with and their perception of your experience.   Answer Question