MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MassMutual (Tarrytown, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by a Financial Advisor a few days later. Once we connected on the phone, nothing major was spoken about, they just wanted to hear my voice and set up an interview. Went in for the interview and it was extremely laid back and it felt as if I already had the internship. They gave me a brief description of the job task and explained that I would have to obtain my Health and Medical Insurance licenses.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit at MassMutual? Do you see yourself in this career field and why? What do you know about MassMutual?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2015.

Interview

Applied through college website. The process took about 3 weeks. Had one initial interview where they went over my resume and asked your normal questions and told me more about the internship and questions I had for them about it. Then had a second interview where they let me conduct the interview and ask all the questions and then more info on the internship was given.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual (Richmond, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

The interview process was pretty simple. I applied online and within a couple days was contacted by an HR manager. A week or so later I interviewed with her in person. She was very friendly and easy to interview with. A couple months later, the executive called to interview with me in person with his team. For that interview they didn't seem as prepared or have any questions ready but they said it was because they never really hire because their office has no turn over. They said how much they liked me and I was a perfect fit and even called to tell me, yet never offered me the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Conway, AR) in December 2014.

Interview

I went in for my initial interview and spent most of my time just getting to know the interviewer. For the most part he just went over the structure of the company and how he came to work for them. He showed me how rep's get paid and we spoke in length about how profitable this industry can be. After that, I was called back for a second interview. It was then that I was offered the position.

Intern Interview

Interview

Interview was with a subsidy of MassMutual in Atlanta. It went well, relatively simple questions. I only interviewed with one individual. Lasted 40 minutes at most. The office was impressive but I turned down position. Unpaid

unpaid

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Interview

Normal interview questions about why you think you will succeed as a rep. Have to consent to a background check and credit check before being hired. First exposure was a group setting in which the agency recruiter gave a presentation. From there, I had a one on one interview a week later. I then met the sales manager for an interview and was then offered a position.

Negotiation

No negotiation - 100% commission job

Financial Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (New York, NY).

Interview

After applying on careerbuilder, I received a call from their recruiter to come in for an interview. He said I seemed like a good fit. Scheduled second interview, met with head agent and director of training and was sent home with a homework assignment to practice contacting friends and family to prospect. I called in to reject offer and was hung up on.

Interview Questions

No base salary. Pay is all commission.

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

Found the job through a recruiting agency that presented me to Mass Mutual. This was a contract to perm offer. I had a sequence of two phone interviews that asked about my technical background and experience. They appeared mostly interested in my application experience and less so about my technical background. They hired me over the phone at the end of the second phone call, which was a pleasant surprise.

Interview Questions

• They asked me if I had experience with hierarchical sales structures. Coincidentally, I had a few experiences with similar agent marketing structures. That might have been what landed the job. There were zero technical questions by the agency or Mass Mutual. This might depend on the department you apply with and their perception of your experience.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview

Interview process was broke into two parts . Two face to face interviews, followed by personality tests. Once the tests were taken a Sales Manager contacted myself to discuss this test.

Interview Questions

• Most Difficult part of the interview was filling an excel sheet with 200 people. This would be your market you would contact the first few weeks working for MassMutual   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. Contacted by recruiter about a week later. Setup an initial interview. I was then moved on to 2 more interviews and was offered the internship. Came in and signed the intern contract. Questions were nothing unexpected. A few situational interviews and asked about my background. I took the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation?   Answer Question