MassMutual

2.5

Financial Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied online – interviewed at MassMutual in June 2010.

It wasn't a hard interview process. They mainly ask you about your background, work experience, and the skills you can contribute to the team. The financial advisors will use you as much as they could.

Just be yourself.

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual in May 2014.

Had initial phone interview, about a week or so later got called in for an in-person interview. Talked a lot about his experience, and why he came to Mass Mutual. (Interviewer had previously spent 18 yrs at Northwestern Mutual and I wanted know why he switched over- I had also interviewed with NWM before). Went over resume. Was sent a behavior/personality test afterwards, came back and we went over my results, got more info about company/job details, and decided not to continue since I would have to stay in my current city and I am looking to relocate.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 5 years? What made you want to apply here?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2012.

Thorough interview process, was interviewed by several senior managers, and was able to get a sense of the organization. Was impressed by principal interviewer who stayed with me the entire time.

Interview Questions
    • What were my career aspirations. This was difficult as I was coming in as a contractor, and felt that I could do each one of their jobs....   View Answer

Career Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at MassMutual in June 2013.

Three interviews were required for the position. The expectation was that the applicant was sophisticated enough to wear full business dress, have a sense of social propriety, and be dignified and respectful. Sales and financial planning/advising experience was mandatory, although it wasn't so indicated in print or in the discussion. It quickly became apparent that management was looking for professionalism and good connections within the local community.

Interview Questions
    • "Whom do you know that will aid you in getting a quick start in building your practice?"   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. Employee contract and working agreements were presented and signatures expected without explanation. Copies were promised but not received. When requested, copies were made and delivered.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at MassMutual.

A recruiter called me about the role in Springfield. I wasn't really interested at all because of the location, but after hearing more about the company's growth prospects, the scope of the role, and compensation, I decided to listen more. I interviewed with quite a few people - most VPs and above - but the interviews were really straight forward. If you know your stuff, experienced, and confident about the work you do, you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • How did you convince a sr. executive to change his / her mind or accept your proposal.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

There are three interviews. The first interview be prepared to ask of the questions. The second interview is more formal. The interviewer will dig deeper to ensure you understand what type of job your are applying for and if you are a good fit. The third interview is a career presentation

Interview Questions
    • None, because you structured the interview for the most part. I was required to do an assignment at the end to get me familiar with networking with strangers.   Answer Question

Financial Services Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

The entire interview process was rather seamless. All of the potential interns attended and information session to see if the opportunity was the right fit for them. Afterward, everyone scheduled his or her interview. Three interviewers chatted with each candidate on a variety of pertinent career topics. Finally, each person had to fill out a personality survey.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual in February 2014.

I first found out about the opening in November 2013. I was given the name of an HR recruiter to call. I began calling the recruiter to inquire about the position and get my name out there. I had tried to apply online, but kept getting system errors. I finally managed to get my online app to go through in December 2013. In January 2014, I received a call from the recruiter to schedule an appointment for skills testing. This involved reading comprehension, math skills, and a customer service simulator. About three weeks after the testing, I received a call to come in for a one on one interview with the recruiter I had been in contact with. The interview was quick - about 15 minutes or so. I was asked about what I know about the company and also various test taking questions since passing the Series 6 exam is required. About a week later, I received another call to come in for a panel interview with the call center directors. It was with two of the directors, and this interview lasted about 45 minutes. They asked several questions about previous customer service experience and what I know about the company. Two weeks later, I was notified that I wasn't selected for the position.

Interview Questions
    • Most unexpected was probably about test taking ability and study habits in college.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2010.

Pretty straight forward interview. They just want to make sure that you have some desire to sell their products.

Not much to negotiate. Your salary will be dependent on how much you sell.

Exploratory for Actuary Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

very efficient; great candidate experience

Interview Questions
    • Focus on technical skills based on the job qualifications   View Answer
    Recruiter was very good to work with. Transparent and genuine. Recruiter prepped me for interviews so I knew who I was speaking with a bit of their background.