MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.5

Actuarial Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

I handed my resume to the recruiter at my college's career fair in the fall. Early spring I received a phone call about their interest and I scheduled an on site interview. I went to their main headquarters in Springfield and it seemed like I was there during a large internship hiring process as there were many other young college kids. I was interviewed by the man I would be working under, which lasted around 30 mins. It was a very formal interview, however after I received a little gift bag and a water as I left which was nice.

Interview Questions

• What did you struggle most with so far and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

The offer came very late after I had interviewed and I received another internship.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

I first found out about the opening in November 2013. I was given the name of an HR recruiter to call. I began calling the recruiter to inquire about the position and get my name out there. I had tried to apply online, but kept getting system errors. I finally managed to get my online app to go through in December 2013. In January 2014, I received a call from the recruiter to schedule an appointment for skills testing. This involved reading comprehension, math skills, and a customer service simulator. About three weeks after the testing, I received a call to come in for a one on one interview with the recruiter I had been in contact with. The interview was quick - about 15 minutes or so. I was asked about what I know about the company and also various test taking questions since passing the Series 6 exam is required. About a week later, I received another call to come in for a panel interview with the call center directors. It was with two of the directors, and this interview lasted about 45 minutes. They asked several questions about previous customer service experience and what I know about the company. Two weeks later, I was notified that I wasn't selected for the position.

Interview Questions

• Most unexpected was probably about test taking ability and study habits in college.   Answer Question

Exploratory for Actuary Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA).

Interview

very efficient; great candidate experience

Interview Questions

• Focus on technical skills based on the job qualifications   1 Answer

Negotiation

Recruiter was very good to work with. Transparent and genuine. Recruiter prepped me for interviews so I knew who I was speaking with a bit of their background.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Smith, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Fort Smith, AR) in July 2013.

Interview

Multiple calls and interviews with different people. The process was a little bit lengthy but not too bad. It was kinda bad about not describing the reality of much of the industry but that is fairly common in this industry i believe.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in McLean, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (McLean, VA) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very smooth, applied for the internship online and heard back very quickly. Scheduled an interview for the following week and got the position. Very Good. Would recommend to any other person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Walnut Creek, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

I serendipitously connected with a mutual friend who closely works with a top-producing adviser. He badgered me for 3-4 months while I was in my last academic year at a CSU to consider a "position" at a financial services firm with which he was contracted. I agreed to meet with the senior partner at a office headquarters for the initial meeting. The meeting lasted for over 30 minutes. The senior partner got to know me, and I became familiarized with MassMutual dynamics. We followed up with a 2nd interview a week or two later. He was happy to endorse me, and set me up with a meeting between myself and my sales manager. I was offered a contract 3 weeks from the initial meeting with the senior partner.

Interview Questions

• What's your biggest weakness?   1 Answer
    • How will you attain your own clients?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-negotiable

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Interview

Applied through my school's career website. Contacted by recruiter about a week later. Setup an initial interview. I was then moved on to 2 more interviews and was offered the internship. Came in and signed the intern contract. Questions were nothing unexpected. A few situational interviews and asked about my background. I took the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you overcame a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Tampa, FL) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied through campus, Basic questions regarding education. They wanted to see what kind of person you were, and if you could sell their products with confidence. Overall easy interview. More Sales, than i had expected, which is why I declined the offer. Large Fortune100 company though with a great reputation.

Actuarial Student Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MassMutual in October 2014.

Interview

Interviewer was a person who had previously gone through the same actuarial student process. Started off with standard questions about resume, then moved on to behavioral questions and finally on to some technical questions. The setting was fairly informal and friendly. Unfortunately they take a very long time to get back in touch, over 3 weeks before I heard either way

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you resolved a disagreement in a group situation.   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual (Boston, MA) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview process is very straight forward. I got a call from recruiter for set up a time for initial phone screen for about 15 mins. Then after phone screen on the next day i received an email stating next steps which was on-site 3 hr interview and then result.

Interview Questions

• Ask for demo of one of my application that is listed on resume.   Answer Question