MassMutual

Updated Dec 11, 2014
Updated Dec 11, 2014

2.5

Insurance Sales Associate Interview

Recruiter called after a distant relative gave them my name. They called, I came in. The experience itself was a bit odd--the recruiter seemed like a nice guy, but honestly a bit "showy." Made MassMutual seem like the biggest dream job there ever was. Told me I could get rich. That kind of stuff. Not a terrible experience, but I just realized during my interview that the culture wasn't for me.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too unexpected; although he was clearly probing me to see how many contacts they could use to try and sell insurance to.   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual.

Talked for about 20 minutes with interviewer and then took a 20 minute personality test on computer. It didn't seem like a very good work environment, there were a lot of cubicles where I think I would have worked.

Financial Services Professional Interview

2 interviews; office manager found my resume on indeed.com and was interested in me. Round were in-person and easy. Just be yourself and be confident. You do not need to have any experience, just the willingness to learn and grow.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time that you had to persuade someone and how did you make them see your point of view?   Answer Question

Recent college graduate that had multiple interviews for other companies at the same time. Also, this job is solely commission.

Financial Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Not like the typical interview. the manager was mostly chatting with candidates.He called me for an interview after I submit my application online and get a second interview right in the middle of the first one.

Interview Questions
    • What business would you like to do if you don't have to worry about the money?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Interview

The interview process was fairly easy because it is a commission based job. The most interactive part of the interview was when manager asked me to fill out 10 questionnaires by asking people what they think about the financial service industry. I found out that these 10 people I asked to fill out the questionnaires would be my potential clients.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if I would have difficulty selling my family life insurance.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

Interview process was broke into two parts . Two face to face interviews, followed by personality tests. Once the tests were taken a Sales Manager contacted myself to discuss this test.

Interview Questions
    • Most Difficult part of the interview was filling an excel sheet with 200 people. This would be your market you would contact the first few weeks working for MassMutual   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview was with a subsidy of MassMutual in Atlanta. It went well, relatively simple questions. I only interviewed with one individual. Lasted 40 minutes at most. The office was impressive but I turned down position. Unpaid

unpaid

Financial Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual in March 2014.

Very straightforward relaxed interview. They really just ask if you have any questions. They will give you the job, they want someone who has connections and doesn't mind not getting paid for a few months while they develop their network.

Sales Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in May 2010.

They were awful and promised a great career and compensation package in the interview process. BUT when given a job offer they could not offer any of the things they promised (any salary ALL commission), payment for required classes to be a personal wealth manager (insurance sales man)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in January 2010.

Applied online and interviewed for a few minutes with a representative. That same representative asked me to come in to MassMutual's office here locally and talk further. After everything was complete, I was asked to think about the position, look over the material presented, and if I thought it would be a good fit I could continue on with the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   View Answer