MassMutual

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

2.5

Customer Service Representative Interview

interviewed at MassMutual in April 2014.

Interview was straight forward, all details about the position and required licensing needed in order to obtain the position, normal questions, why do you want to work here, what are your strengths, what are your weaknesses, gave details about scheduling and what you must know

Interview Questions
    • How would you tell someone who has never driven a car how to drive, over the telephone   Answer Question

Customer Service - Call Center Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Enfield, CT

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at MassMutual in August 2014.

I received a call from a MassMutual recruiter regarding the call center position I had applied for. She was very upfront about the position, what it would entail, and what the timeline was. She also told me how much the position pays, what I would need as far as licensing, and what would be expected of me if hired. I had to take two computer assessment tests before being offered an interview. One was the standard personality test. The other was an "in-role" type test to gauge how well I would do in a call center type environment. Both took about 2-3 hours in total to complete. Once my scores were received I was offered an interview with the hiring manager and director. The interview was brief but informative. They covered what the first few months of the job would be like, what would need to be done in order to take the required licensing test, what the hours for the position are and how schedules are determined. Then there was the typical Q&A.

Interview Questions
    • How would you adapt to a customer service role in a field you have little background in?   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate. I was told how much the compensation was before interviewing and had to accept that amount before being scheduled for an interview.

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Applied online through monster, received a called for an interview 2 weeks later. Interview felt more like a presentation and took a personality questionnaire after the interview. Interview was only about getting to know you.

Entry Level Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

No skills needed. Looking for fresh graduates. Behavioral bases questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. 3 stage interview. However they will hire anyone who shows interest to work without pay.

Interview Questions

Can't work soley on commission. Would be a good side job.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Walnut Creek, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in May 2014.

I serendipitously connected with a mutual friend who closely works with a top-producing adviser. He badgered me for 3-4 months while I was in my last academic year at a CSU to consider a "position" at a financial services firm with which he was contracted. I agreed to meet with the senior partner at a office headquarters for the initial meeting. The meeting lasted for over 30 minutes. The senior partner got to know me, and I became familiarized with MassMutual dynamics. We followed up with a 2nd interview a week or two later. He was happy to endorse me, and set me up with a meeting between myself and my sales manager. I was offered a contract 3 weeks from the initial meeting with the senior partner.

Non-negotiable

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at MassMutual in April 2014.

The interview process is very straight forward. I got a call from recruiter for set up a time for initial phone screen for about 15 mins. Then after phone screen on the next day i received an email stating next steps which was on-site 3 hr interview and then result.

Interview Questions
    • Ask for demo of one of my application that is listed on resume.   Answer Question

Financial Services Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in April 2013.

I met with the recruiter in the Syosset office, Having experience in the field it was more like they where trying to bring me on board, and were selling the agency to me. I then met with the 2 General agents on different days and the position was offered to me. In all I met with 3 different people,

Interview Questions
    • none, they are trying to bring onboard experienced people so they are selling the agency to the interviewer.   View Answer

Agent Interview

I applied online – interviewed at MassMutual.

I was contacted by a recruiter after emailing a resume. I had an initial interview by the recruiter and was offered an second interview by a Vice President. If hired, I would work for that Vice President. The Vice President had me fill out an online questionnaire. The questionnaire is there to weed out people who either have no sales/social bones in their body or are not smart enough to indicate it when that is obviously what the test is seeking to measure.
    Following a passing score on the questionnaire, I worked part time for several months and subsequently began working full time.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a difficult situation and what you did to overcome it?   View Answer
    Everything is negotiable, even when they say it is not.

Financial Advisor Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at MassMutual.

I applied for this offer and got a call early the next morning by a recruiter. We set an appointment for an interview 2 days from then. I got a confirmation email and was told as I expected that the dress was business professional and to bring a copy of my resume. I was asked expected questions: who am I, what do I do with my time, explain how you have been successful at customer service, tell about your best accomplishment, etc. I was told that this was just a recruiter meeting and they will have to meet with the hiring manager before going further. I would be hearing back within 2 days. Midday on day 2 I got a call saying that the managers wanted to invite me to the next step which involves a seminar with a group to explain products, compensation, personal stories etc. I have prior engagements that I can't reschedule, and was informed that they don't know when the next opportunity to have the seminar will be.

Sales Support Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at MassMutual.

Since I was an internal higher, it was very easy to schedule with the interview sales manager and Senior Internal Wholesaler. The interview, a.k.a meeting was suppose to be for 45 minutes and we ended up chatting for an hour and a half. Both were very promising and assured tons of room for career advancement.

Interview Questions
    • "If you were a truck driver, what would you be carrying?"
      "Which Hollywood actor best resembles you?"

Answer Question
    Negotiate and never settle for the first offer! I was able to get more then they offered but not where I wanted to be.