MassMutual Interview Questions

Updated Jul 9, 2015

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MassMutual (Pasadena, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

Very simple interview, the first interview it focuses on getting to know you and taking a personality exam. The second interview they talk to you about the project 200 an the expectation that you will be calling them in regard to making sales. The third and last interview focuses on compensation and I was offered a position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable selling to friends and family   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Conway, AR

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Conway, AR) in December 2014.

Interview

I went in for my initial interview and spent most of my time just getting to know the interviewer. For the most part he just went over the structure of the company and how he came to work for them. He showed me how rep's get paid and we spoke in length about how profitable this industry can be. After that, I was called back for a second interview. It was then that I was offered the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Farmingdale, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual (Farmingdale, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

2 interview process which consists of the interviewer asking about your background and your experience in the industry. The process was easy. The interviewer was very easy to speak to and informative as to what was needed to be successful

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ monthsinterviewed at MassMutual (San Diego, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

It was very different than other companies. I met the CEO of the firm, I was taken to lunch and dinner which I am assuming happened because of my track record at my previous firm. They talk a lot about themselves and how great they are.

Interview Questions

• What was my previous years' production?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at MassMutual (Atlanta, GA) in March 2014.

Interview

Very straightforward relaxed interview. They really just ask if you have any questions. They will give you the job, they want someone who has connections and doesn't mind not getting paid for a few months while they develop their network.

Associate Financial Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Springfield, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at MassMutual (Springfield, MA) in October 2014.

Interview

It was a two-on-one interview. Brought resumes to the interview. One of the branch managers glanced over it and began with a scripted line of questions, followed by a small presentation of company stats. Obvious from the get-go that this was going to be a sales position. Huge emphasis on pushing insurance rather than security-related products. The direction is very much self-dependent on generating your own book of business outside of "their training" which mainly consists of Sandler.com stuff as well as some Brian Morgan sales literature. From the looks of it they are mainly reaching out to a clientele that is more middle-income. Interview was followed up by a psych test which tried to goad if you knew a lot of people. The process was smooth, timely, great office, just very sales intensive.

Interview Questions

• List 4 things that you want from a job?   1 Answer

No salary.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MassMutual in March 2013.

Interview

Came in for an interview, they have contacted me by text message, which i thought it was weird. Anyways, did the interview, they have offered me the job, and said they would call to make the detail arrangements....more than months passed by and they haven't called nor answer a message. Thought it was very unprofessional.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about you that you consider to be a victory of yours.   Answer Question

Negotiation

During the interview, he said he would like to offer me a job, if i accepted - it was a part-time summer job; said he would call to get all my documents and schedule a meeting with his partner, and have never called...

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at MassMutual (San Antonio, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process was a group interview. It was more of an info session. The specific job ended up being more of a sales position for insurance. The woman was very polite and enthusiastic and the interview left with the group of interviewees responsible for contacting for further information. The first interview was mostly an information session and I need not continue with the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for out of an internship with us?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at MassMutual (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I was contacted within a day of posting on an internet job board. They were accommodating to my schedule for an interview with a follow up confirmation email. Everyone one was very nice and my interviewer was not intimidating at all. Luckily I did research on the job before going as they were not very informative on the day to day activities. Pros: Some sort of training that may be worth it. A stipend during training that may be decent money, they didn't provide a number Cons: You have to find your own customers through cold calling or friends. Post training, only commission.

Interview Questions

• Explain A time when you changed the mind of an authority figure.   Answer Question

I didn't feel I would learn enough or earn enough money to justify such a large time commitment.

Career Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at MassMutual in July 2010.

Interview

Meet with the Marketing Director, the assistant VP, and the President.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Plenty of Risk and Opportunity